Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I come in peace

Started by STRIPES, November 24, 2014, 12:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The real Hogules

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 25, 2014, 01:12:41 am
Scoring on Mizzou will not be easy.  Our offense has not been tearing it up and Mizzou's defensive line compares favorably with any team we've played this year.

Missouri has two excellent DE's and if passing , or running wide were our teams forte I might be worried.
However, since we generally run straight ahead and do have the ability to pass the ball to our TE's at the very least I expect to be able to move the football and win the field possession battle, making their offense drive the length of the field to score.
If Missouri's defense chooses to load the box on first down I'm confident that we can begin hitting our TE's for solid 1st down yardage.
Georgia was able to crush Missouri due to untimely turnovers by the Tigers, but some of those turnovers were forced and not just simply poor technique by the Missouri players.
I expect us to be on the + side of the turnover margin and to play well enough to win.
Mauk (SP?) has looked anything but super this season and the level of competition has more to do with their record than the Tigers being a great football team.
We'll win this one and by 14+.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Alphaman

Mizzou fan here and I come in peace as well with no intention to flame. Some thoughts and questions:

1) Why do Arkansas fans give their team a pass on the Georgia game basically saying it wasn't representative of their normal play, but Mizzou doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt? 5 turnovers totally tilted that game, just like UAs 3 in the first half tilted the Georgia game.

2) I will disagree with my brother Stripes in the overall trenches advantage. I am very concerned about your d-line vs our o-line. Ole Miss's d-line seemed to out quick your o-line putting you in passing situations. MU's d-line can do that too. The key wii be first downs. If you average 4+ per carry on first down it is a long day for MIZZOU. 3- on first down and the pass rush will cause Ark problems.

3) No doubt your SOS is better than MUs.  That doesn't necessarily negate MUs win total.  Yes Indiana was a bad loss and Georgia was just a horrible day.  Still 9-2 with wins over 6 bowl teams is still solid.

4) Mizzou's offense suffered through some key injuries at WR. Those two guys are now healthy and their presence showed against A&M and Tenn.  offense is performing much better with them back.

5) Finally Arkansas has been impressive this year especially the last two weeks.  Should be a very good game.

lefty08

Quote from: ICEman on November 24, 2014, 02:26:06 pm
How many points did the Mizzou Trenches score against the Bulldogs?

Or Florida for that matter. 100 yards of total offense? And we scored plenty on UGA
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Doug

Quote from: HAM ELLIOTI read this over and over and its still confusing.....  Mizzou, in the same breath as Mizzou?
When it comes to gaffes, "Go big or go home", huh? Fixed my post, haha!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hogfly

Looking forward to a good game. Our fans' overconfidence never ceases to amaze me.

As others have said, people have been underestimating Mizzou all year, and they keep finding ways to win games they shouldn't (and lose games they shouldn't as well, Indiana).

ballhog71

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 24, 2014, 12:37:19 pm
I wish you guys will all get behind the 1-0.

Mizzou will be a tough game. The results of the last two games was awesome but this is a new challenge.

Will BA play will we have AA, will HH be ok? Many unknowns at this moment and the only way for the team to keep doing well is "forgetting" the wins and they did with the previous defeats, keep focused, keep humble, and try to beat the crap out of whoever comes along.

WPS!!

Every good team builds off of its wins!  That's crazy to say to forget about them, let them fuel you to do it again and better!  "1-0" means take it one game at a time but those players, esp Seniors, will never forget about those WINS!!!  The HOGS made NCAA history in the last two weeks, NEVER FORGET!!!

WPS

Mizzou Bushwacker

Quote from: jackflash on November 24, 2014, 12:50:38 pm
This is going to be a tough game. If Brandon doesn't play going to make it harder. I will give Missouri credit. I think they have a good QB and defensive line, especially at DE

I hope it is a good game, especially for Missouri.  This can't replace the MU/KU rivalry for Missouri, that went back to the 1890's.  On the other hand, sharing a long border and common recruiting grounds should make games between the two Universities athletic teams more interesting.  It's amazing that the Arkansas and Missouri football teams have not played a regular season game since 1963.

IBleedRazorbackRed

If we were a shotgun, air it out kinda team then yes, I'd be worried about your d line. I see our offense out performing your defense, especially if brandon plays. I also see our defense outplaying your offense.

A.K.A.

Quote from: Alphaman on November 25, 2014, 07:11:41 am
Mizzou fan here and I come in peace as well with no intention to flame. Some thoughts and questions:

1) Why do Arkansas fans give their team a pass on the Georgia game basically saying it wasn't representative of their normal play, but Mizzou doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt? 5 turnovers totally tilted that game, just like UAs 3 in the first half tilted the Georgia game.

2) I will disagree with my brother Stripes in the overall trenches advantage. I am very concerned about your d-line vs our o-line. Ole Miss's d-line seemed to out quick your o-line putting you in passing situations. MU's d-line can do that too. The key wii be first downs. If you average 4+ per carry on first down it is a long day for MIZZOU. 3- on first down and the pass rush will cause Ark problems.

3) No doubt your SOS is better than MUs.  That doesn't necessarily negate MUs win total.  Yes Indiana was a bad loss and Georgia was just a horrible day.  Still 9-2 with wins over 6 bowl teams is still solid.

4) Mizzou's offense suffered through some key injuries at WR. Those two guys are now healthy and their presence showed against A&M and Tenn.  offense is performing much better with them back.

5) Finally Arkansas has been impressive this year especially the last two weeks.  Should be a very good game.

Regarding point 1, because even though you are correct that our 4 turnovers is the reason they definitely won, we still scored 32 points on them in a very badly played game by Arkansas, Missouri scored 0.

That's not even considering the stats in the game, Georgia got 15 more first downs on Missouri, dominated in everything. Arkansas had 11 more first downs than Georgia, they didn't dominate us despite our turnovers.
Home town of Texarkana Arkansas

Alphaman

Quote from: A.K.A. on November 25, 2014, 12:44:01 pm

Regarding point 1, because even though you are correct that our 4 turnovers is the reason they definitely won, we still scored 32 points on them in a very badly played game by Arkansas, Missouri scored 0.

That's not even considering the stats in the game, Georgia got 15 more first downs on Missouri, dominated in everything. Arkansas had 11 more first downs than Georgia, they didn't dominate us despite our turnovers.

That's an interesting point and admittedly I didn't see the UGA/UA game.  However, I believe that game was 38-6 at halftime. While you guys scored points in the 2nd half, the let down factor after such a huge lead has to be factored. The game was essentially over at halftime.

mizzou waltz

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 25, 2014, 01:28:00 am
It really is bad.

That general format was common on message boards in the late 90s. 

But the really annoying part of it is that subjects scroll off of the main page - never to return again - even when discussion is continuing on the subject.  I can go fish a thread out from 4 pages back and comment on it, but why bother when no one else is going to see it?  I don't know that I have ever seen another forum set up like that.

The board used to have a setting that you could view threads by activity. Not sure why they got rid of that.

mizzou waltz

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on November 24, 2014, 10:54:31 pm
0% chance Misery has the advantage in the trenches.

I guess that's why you have a winning SEC record.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Wildhog on November 24, 2014, 12:16:30 pm
You think that MIZZOU has the advantage in the trenches???

Okay.

He also thought  the games was Saturday.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: mizzou waltz on November 25, 2014, 02:48:01 pm
I guess that's why you have a winning SEC record.

I have a feeling you will regret that post... For several years to come.  :razorback:

DOGALUM

Your QB's name is Maty. 

Screw mizzou.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

mhuff

November 25, 2014, 03:00:08 pm #115 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:12:25 pm by mhuff
Quote from: WPS007 on November 24, 2014, 12:22:31 pm
Based on what, Georgia ran through them like they had no line either side, and Miz has not played a good team other than Georgia

Missouri doesn't necessarily play well at home either. I hope we have a good game and no one gets hurt. I would like to see a rivalry develop.

Still, probably gonna be like having a duel and you all not having a pistol.   ;)

Hawgin84

Quote from: redeye on November 24, 2014, 07:42:10 pm
Missouri will be a tough game.  SEC teams keep underestimating them and Missouri keeps winning.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

Biggus Piggus

Missouri knows all the SECCG would bring is another loss. They really have nothing but pain to play for. And if we'd had their schedule, our record would be awesome.
[CENSORED]!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: mizzou waltz on November 25, 2014, 02:46:35 pm
The board used to have a setting that you could view threads by activity. Not sure why they got rid of that.

But even if I could set it that way, it would be pointless unless everyone I am conversing with set it that way as well.

It's a perplexing format.

KlubhouseKonnected

Mizzou has a good defense. This is a good opponent hosting the Hogs Friday.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Well I do know if we had played mizzou's schedule, we would have at least beat Indiana

Pig In The City

Based on stats, both teams are fairly even.  We win this game if we handle their pass rush.  We win the game if we run successfully which will allow us to pick and choose when we pass (passing more on first and second down to keep their pass rush at bay).  Should be a good one.

TheGrove68

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 26, 2014, 05:02:10 am
Well I do know if we had played mizzou's schedule, we would have at least beat Indiana

Would you of won if Flowers was out,Tretola and Hollister?
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

clew

Quote from: TheGrove68 on November 26, 2014, 09:44:04 am
yes
Pure as the dawn

Großer Kriegschwein

Hollister? Really?
This is my non-signature signature.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

KlubhouseKonnected

You meant to say Hatcher or Henry instead of Hollister. (Our two best receivers are actually Henry and Derby, both TE's, but threw in Hatcher as he is probably our best WR. Hollister has been a nonfactor most of the season)

Defensively losing Spaight would probably a bigger loss for us than Flowers. We have some pretty decent depth at that position, (assuming the other D-ends were healthy which I don't think was the case at the start of the season) while we are still unfortunately a bit thin at LB. Certainly don't have a backup that comes close to Spaight.

Tretola... I think we have the depth to cover him for a game.

So, if I assume you meant we were without Hatcher, Flowers, and Tretola I think it's still a win.

If it is without Henry, Flowers, and Tretola I think we still win but it's a bit tougher.

If it is without Henry, Spaight, and Tretola I still think we win but I would worry  much more than in any if the other scenarios.

Honestly, I think if you guys played Indiana twice more with the same roster you had on that day you would win both. For some reason Mizzou just did not come ready to play that day. Was it just a really bad day? Was it that the team was looking ahead and let Indiana sneak up on them? I don't know, but Mizzou is a better team than what that loss would indicate.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

razoredge178

Any Mizzou fans tracking this thread....please let me know of any great parking lots/area's you recommend. There is nothing I love more after a 5 hour road trip than to circle a busy stadium searching for parking.

jesterzzn

respirback

Come in peace

Leave in pieces

d-hog

Quote from: STRIPES on November 24, 2014, 12:52:59 pm
So what your saying is you haven't beat an East team yet ;)  Here are a few stats:

Mizzou defense avg per rush 3.2
Arkansas defense avg per rush 3.6
Advantage MIZZOU

Mizzou sacks per game 3.4
Arkansas sacks per game 1.7
Advantage MIZZOU

Mizzou yds per rush 5.2
Arkansas yds per rush 4.5
Advantage ARK

Mizzou sacks allowed/game 1.6
Arkansas sacks allowed/game 1.2
Advantage ARK

Like I said, we have a slight advantage due to our defensive pass rush but not much. Mainly because I am from Missouri and damnit I'm always right  :)

Missouri S.O.S. #43
Arkansas S.O.S. #1
advantage Arkansas

With an easier schedule it would be logical that Missouri would have stats more favorable to MO giving them a better chance to show a statistical advantage in many categories than Arkansas, right?

I'm going by the below link, so obviously there should be a more recent ranking somewhere based on this year's result but I believe Arkansas would still come out on top easily.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule-ncaa-method/

Biggus Piggus

You go comparing statistics without regard to schedule strength, you are merely engaged in the meanest sophistry. But we have come to expect that from Missouri fans.
[CENSORED]!

IBleedRazorbackRed

No doubt about it