Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I come in peace

Started by STRIPES, November 24, 2014, 12:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPES

Mizzou fan here. 

I am hoping for one hell of a game Saturday.  The score could be anyones guess and from what I have seen, Vegas doesnt have a line on the game yet.  So they are thinking its a tossup as well.  It looks like its going to be a game won in the trenches (which I think we have a slight advantage) or a game that the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins (which I think you have a slight advantage)

For those of you coming to CoMo, I hope you have a great time.

PorkRinds

Quote from: STRIPES on November 24, 2014, 12:02:39 pm
Mizzou fan here. 

I am hoping for one hell of a game Saturday.  The score could be anyones guess and from what I have seen, Vegas doesnt have a line on the game yet.  So they are thinking its a tossup as well.  It looks like its going to be a game won in the trenches (which I think we have a slight advantage) or a game that the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins (which I think you have a slight advantage)

There's no line because Vegas is waiting to see if our QB will be playing.  I think we open as favorites if our QB is ok.

VBMark

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2014, 12:03:38 pm
There's no line because Vegas is waiting to see if our QB will be playing.  I think we open as favorites if our QB is ok.

That's correct. If AA has to go, then it will likely stay off the board as too unpredictable for money to change hands.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

PonderinHog

The_Hog_Father

From Richard Davenport,"Brandon Allen won't practice the next two days, Bielema said. Allen might be able to practice Wednesday or Thursday."

COCHISE

Ya'lls outside pass rush is impressive but to say you have the advantage in trench play may be a little optimistic on your part. Skipper and Cook are going to have their hands full for sure though.

STRIPES

Probably right regarding why there is no Vegas line and your QB.  What was the issue, a hip flexor?  Any news regarding Allen, or are they keeping a lid on it.

Bacon_Bitz

Mizzou fan here. 

You have absolutely no advantage in the trenches.

Wildhog

You think that MIZZOU has the advantage in the trenches???

Okay.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

STRIPES

Quote from: Wildhog on November 24, 2014, 12:16:30 pm
You think that MIZZOU has the advantage in the trenches???

Okay.

YES

popcornhog

Mizzou fan here. 

I'm looking forward to it. I live in KCMO and will be in Columbia-West on Friday.

Advantage in the trenches? If anything I thought that would be Arkansas' biggest advantage.
WPS

WPS007

Quote from: STRIPES on November 24, 2014, 12:20:37 pm
YES
Based on what, Georgia ran through them like they had no line either side, and Miz has not played a good team other than Georgia

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PorkRinds

You come in peace, but you'll be leaving in pieces after Friday. 

GolfnHog

Quote from: STRIPES on November 24, 2014, 12:20:37 pm
YES

I'll bite! Give us a comparative analysis of both sides so we can make an informed decision as to what you're saying.

That being said, your OL/DL has played the SEC on the East side and other than aTm (poor indicator of future success) on the west, I'm not buying until youcan substantiate your claim. We've played the West and if my memory serves me correctly the teams that beat us (sans Georgia) were all from the West and were all ranked in the top 10 at the time. Again, I'll take aTm out as we gave that one away.

Georgia, well if we could screw the pooch any more than we did in that 1st half we'd be a darned dog kennel. That was our true outlier this season.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

STRIPES

Quote from: Doug on November 24, 2014, 12:13:19 pm
Guess STRIPES went to Mizzou's Chronology 103 and passed with flying colors. ::chuckles:: Excellent catch!

(Stripes, just givin' ya grief... after all, it's Mizzou (Arkansas) ARMOgeddon Hate week! ;))

No Problem.  My bad.

In fact, I just dont feel the hate for this week. The only problem I can see with you guys, is that you have the bad luck of having kansas in your name. Maybe it will come with time. 

wupigsuey

Quote from: STRIPES on November 24, 2014, 12:26:39 pm
No Problem.  My bad.

In fact, I just dont feel the hate for this week. The only problem I can see with you guys, is that you have the bad luck of having kansas in your name. Maybe it will come with time. 
We don't either. It's just been forced on us
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

COCHISE

No Problem.  My bad.

Mr. Stripes, with all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

GolfnHog

No Problem.  My bad.

Guess the Hogs will do what is required in Missouri, "Show Me"
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ballhog71

We have held more ranked teams to less than 100 yards rushing.  We are a few fumbles and a few kicks away from being 9-2 so it is a little unfair to say MO has a adv in the trenches! All I know is that the Hogs have outscored two ranked SEC West teams with a combined score of 47-0.  We are a very dangerous 6-5 team that has a lot of momentum going into the last week.  Good Luck Mizz!!!!

WPS

ShadowTheHedgehog

I wish you guys will all get behind the 1-0.

Mizzou will be a tough game. The results of the last two games was awesome but this is a new challenge.

Will BA play will we have AA, will HH be ok? Many unknowns at this moment and the only way for the team to keep doing well is "forgetting" the wins and they did with the previous defeats, keep focused, keep humble, and try to beat the crap out of whoever comes along.

WPS!!

sowmonella

Does Mizzu have a readable message board?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ShadowTheHedgehog

The_Iceman

The Divine Swine

advantage to Missouri in the trenches is grossly inaccurate. No idea whatsoever what you base that from. I concede Mizz is better defensively than what uga did to you guys, but you obviously don't understand our strengths on both sides of the ball in the trenches. Our losses have actually been to stupid mistakes and penalties so maybe you meant y'alls advantage is the other way around? Anyway, I know your defense is no pushover, but we might have a rusher break the single game record for the third time in a row this Friday. Gordon did it against Nebraska, Perine did it against a terrible Kansas defense. We can possibly do it against a ranked Mizzou this Friday because we do have the advantage in the trenches. Just ask the #1, #4, previously #8 and #17 teams how tough we are in the trenches on either side of the ball.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Porkette

I felt better about the last 2 weeks' games than this one, even before BA's injury.  Our Hogs have learned how to win, but it'll be different doing it on the road on the other team's senior day. (Wonder how often decent teams lose their last home game? It does happen some). Then again, Missouri's worst games of the year were at home, so there's that. Mizzou has a lot to play for, but supposedly, so did Ole Miss.  ;)
GO HOGS GO!

jackflash

This is going to be a tough game. If Brandon doesn't play going to make it harder. I will give Missouri credit. I think they have a good QB and defensive line, especially at DE

Kevin

i think our oline struggles with quicker d-lines. that is what mizzou has.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

STRIPES

Quote from: GolfnHog on November 24, 2014, 12:25:10 pm
I'll bite! Give us a comparative analysis of both sides so we can make an informed decision as to what you're saying.

That being said, your OL/DL has played the SEC on the East side and other than aTm (poor indicator of future success) on the west, I'm not buying until youcan substantiate your claim. We've played the West and if my memory serves me correctly the teams that beat us (sans Georgia) were all from the West and were all ranked in the top 10 at the time. Again, I'll take aTm out as we gave that one away.

Georgia, well if we could screw the pooch any more than we did in that 1st half we'd be a darned dog kennel. That was our true outlier this season.

So what your saying is you haven't beat an East team yet ;)  Here are a few stats:

Mizzou defense avg per rush 3.2
Arkansas defense avg per rush 3.6
Advantage MIZZOU

Mizzou sacks per game 3.4
Arkansas sacks per game 1.7
Advantage MIZZOU

Mizzou yds per rush 5.2
Arkansas yds per rush 4.5
Advantage ARK

Mizzou sacks allowed/game 1.6
Arkansas sacks allowed/game 1.2
Advantage ARK

Like I said, we have a slight advantage due to our defensive pass rush but not much. Mainly because I am from Missouri and damnit I'm always right  :)

PonderinHog

ShadowTheHedgehog

One good thing for us is that Mizzou has not played any really run heavy teams this season with the exception of Georgia and the Dawgs ran all over them.

BielemaBrilliance

Come in peace but will be left in pieces. Let me make a short comparison:
Arkansas: SEC West
Missouri: SEC East

Hogs win no matter who plays QB
"When you win, nothing hurts" Joe N

The_Iceman

Quote from: STRIPES on November 24, 2014, 12:52:59 pm
So what your saying is you haven't beat an East team yet ;)  Here are a few stats:

Advantage MIZZOU

Advantage MIZZOU

Mizzou yds per rush 5.2
Advantage ARK

Advantage ARK

Like I said, we have a slight advantage due to our defensive pass rush but not much. Mainly because I am from Missouri and damnit I'm always right  :)

Mizzou played 3 teams that were ranked in the Top 25 when they faced them: #13 South Carolina (LOL!), #13 Georgia (34-0 stomping), and #24 Texas a&m (solid 34-27 win).

Arkansas has faced:

So forgive me if I don't put much weight in your stats.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Kevin on November 24, 2014, 12:51:54 pm
i think our oline struggles with quicker d-lines. that is what mizzou has.

Do they have the depth on their light quicker D-line to be hammered for 4 quarters? This game is IMO really hard to call, but I think we can run on them.

wupigsuey

Advantage MIZZOU

Advantage MIZZOU

Mizzou yds per rush 5.2
Advantage ARK

Advantage ARK

Right. yet
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Pig in the Pokey

Ok, Stripes.
Moo St 10pt
Bama 14pt
LSU 0pt
Ole Pissy 0pt

Mizzou vs UGA 0pt

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Prairie Bayou

Early line in Las Vegas is pick em.  It will be fun Friday afternoon, that is for sure.  Congrats on a great season!!!!

GolfnHog

Advantage MIZZOU
Edit: Against SEC E teams- repeat SEC East teams

Advantage MIZZOU
See Above Response

Mizzou yds per rush 5.2
Advantage ARK
Repeat rebuttal #1
[/b]

Advantage ARK
Hmm, SEC W defenses, (again all ranked in top 10 polls at time of game)[/color]

And being from Missouri you've had to have things shown to you your whole life. I might add that the Tiggies are in a fight w/ for the prom queen with the very team that shellacked them from the E side of the conference.

I anticipate a very good game and kudos to your DE's, they are stout and good and I suspect that they will have some success in obvious passing downs but here's to the Hog's playing in front of the chains to eliminate that.

Doug

Quote from: sowmonellaDoes Mizzu have a readable message board?
Message Board, yes. Readable? Hell naw!

Quote from: Tomhog™Well, if you show up Saturday, you'll see an empty stadium.
Guess STRIPES went to Mizzou's Chronology 103 and passed with flying colors. ::chuckles:: Excellent catch!

(Stripes, just givin' ya grief... after all, it's Mizzou (Arkansas) ARMOgeddon Hate week! ;))

If Mizzou wants to have ANY chance of beating (or even SCORING) on the Hogs, you're going to have to focus on the short yardage passing game (6-12 yards). Our CB/SS positions have shored up the deep ball throws nicely... and our LBs/CBs will pound your WR/TEs. Mizzou will have to try to speed things up and keep our DL off balance (NOT an easy thing to do, as evidenced by the past 4 games). Oh, and don't even bother studying the Hogs/UGA game tapes... that was an off game for the Hogs (2nd quarter).

Mizzou will also need to protect their QB and his pocket to give him time to make accurate passes. You're facing a Top 25 Rush Defense.

Here's the Opponent TD stats for the Hogs...

Total Rushing TDs: 8
Total Passing TDs: 18 (TAMU killed us in the 4th; UGA killed us in the 2nd)
Total Other TDs: 1

Overall Rushing TDs per game: 0.73
Overall Passing TDs per game: 1.64
Overall Other TDs per game: 0.09

Home Rushing TDs per game: 0.29
Home Passing TDs per game: 1.14
Home Other TDs per game: 0.14

Away Rushing TDs per game: 1.67
Away Passing TDs per game: 2.00
Away Other TDs per game: 0.00

You'll need to bring your A game for passing and HOPE that you can score on us, rushing. You'll need to rely on your special teams to catch our ST off guard.

Oh, and let's compare opponents, shall we? Click on the below image to see full size.

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

t-money

Notable stats:

Total rushing yards/game conference opponent's vs MU's defense

eUSC - 119
  UGA - 210
     FL - 135
Vandy - 44
    UK - 102
  aTm - 104
    UT - 53

Hogs total rushing yards/game vs conference opponents

Aub      - 153
aTm     - 285
Bama    - 66
UGA     - 126
Miss St - 163
LSU      - 95
OM       - 159

The west has a lot tougher defensive teams than the east in my opinion. Mizzou's defense is not in the same realm as Bama/LSU

I think we'll put 200+ on them Friday....
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

ballz2thewall

welcome, stripes; glad to have you here.
The rest of the frog.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: t-money on November 24, 2014, 01:16:39 pm
The west has a lot tougher defensive teams than the east in my opinion. Mizzou's defense is not in the same realm as Bama/LSU

I think we'll put 200+ on them Friday....

Yep, I think about 215ish. With 375 total yards and we win 30-6
This is my non-signature signature.

opineonswine

Mizzou fan here. 

I haven't watched Missouri play all year so don't know about your trenches...but if they're better than ours I'll be super impressed.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

flippinhogmana

Shhhhh!  Don't set the guy straight.  What are you doing here?  Let it be a surprise.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: BR on November 24, 2014, 01:33:17 pm
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/
Arkansas 1.5 favorite

I'm not surprised at all if Arkansas is the slight favorite. But it's important to note that Mizzou has beat the spread the entire season.

Our offensive line will definitely have problems with their defensive line penetration.

Dropkick

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 24, 2014, 01:44:38 pm
I'm not surprised at all if Arkansas is the slight favorite. But it's important to note that Mizzou has beat the spread the entire season.

Our offensive line will definitely have problems with their defensive line penetration.
Dayem, what was the line when they played UGA and Indiana?

BorderPatrol

Advantage MIZZOU

Advantage MIZZOU

Mizzou yds per rush 5.2
Advantage ARK

Advantage ARK

If you are going to compare the stats in that mannor, then SOS definately comes into play.

bp