Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All this Georgia love

Started by ATLHogcallin, November 24, 2014, 11:53:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ATLHogcallin

This week has started off quite nicely for me.  I live and work in Atlanta and now with the back-to-back successful weekends the Hogs have accomplished a respect I haven't seen...well ever here in Atlanta. 

People here would never give us any credit or accolades while Petrino was our coach for obvious reasons.  Working in the ATL...we have lots of fans from Auburn, Bama, UT, Florida and of course Georgia so I don't get much of a voice at the water cooler especially during the last 2 years.

I come into work today and to my surprise I have 4 co-workers asking me to teach them how to Call the Hogs!  A couple are even having watch parties on Friday. 

Just wanted to let you all safely know that I am teaching them the correct way to call the Hogs with no HOWL at the beginning.  Its nice to experience the respect and love of fellow teams in the SEC even if it is only for one week!

WPS!  Go Hogs! Beat Misery!

reddogjcss

Enemy of my enemy is my freind!

PonderinHog

Looks like somebody had fun at the 2011 Sugar Bowl! :razorback:

Jamie Jones

Tell the Georgia natives that they are welcome for the extra "home" game that we will be providing them on Friday. That being said, there is nothing we can do about the arse kicking that Bama will be giving them in that "home" game.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

ATLHogcallin

Ha! Yep!  Aside from the outcome of the game....was one of the best experiences I've ever had.  New Orleans was a blast. The best was beating Texas in Austin during the 2003-2004 season.

Hogfaniam

Tell them 30,000 "teachers" will be coming to Atlanta next year for some hands on learning
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ATLHogcallin

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 24, 2014, 12:07:44 pm
Looks like somebody had fun at the 2011 Sugar Bowl! :razorback:
i sure did. quite a few blOwSU fans got whoooped that night in Da Quarta.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Jamie Jones on November 24, 2014, 12:08:40 pm
Tell the Georgia natives that they are welcome for the extra "home" game that we will be providing them on Friday. That being said, there is nothing we can do about the arse kicking that Bama will be giving them in that "home" game.
not so sure about that. My prediction. Georgia in playoff with 2 losses as SEC champs. MSU snubbed and gets Sugar. Bama to Cap One or Cotton. You heard it here FIRST.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

dhizzle

It's the right thing to do beating Missouri will put the best team from the east in the championship game.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: dhizzle on November 24, 2014, 12:43:08 pm
It's the right thing to do beating Missouri will put the best team from the east in the championship game.
uga vs bama is much safer for the SEC. Two bluebloods with msu on deck.
@Slackaveli

srwhogs1

We've lived in metro Atlanta since 1993, now on Lake Lanier, have 3 sons(now men) that l, are all HOG, raised them right here in Ga, everyone we know is talking how we've improved and looking for us to beat MO, it will definitely make our football lives easier here in GA, as you mentioned they hated Petrino here, wanted us to loose every game, it's different now, gaining respect, one of the sweetest victories was vs GA here in 2010, Childs please:

Atl_Hog

Same here. Lots of love from Georgia fans this week.
Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

racinghog

Same here in South Georgia....getting 50-60 comments a day!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: srwhogs1 on November 25, 2014, 01:23:46 pm
We've lived in metro Atlanta since 1993, now on Lake Lanier, have 3 sons(now men) that l, are all HOG, raised them right here in Ga, everyone we know is talking how we've improved and looking for us to beat MO, it will definitely make our football lives easier here in GA, as you mentioned they hated Petrino here, wanted us to loose every game, it's different now, gaining respect, one of the sweetest victories was vs GA here in 2010, Childs please:
LOL I remember that game and how shocked and sad all the GA fans were on TV. Childs was awesome :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Laughing Hog

I'm in Hotlanta as well. Took all of my older Hawg shirts to my office and hung/m on my door with a sign say'n they can borrow them for the weekend as long as they wash'm before they bring'm back. By lunch time they were all gone. Some asked me about the hawg hat. Told them that stays with me (It's the old style the protects and nurtures the 1/2 gal bottle of whiskey)
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

You're kill'n me. I would really love to live up there, but I ain't about to fight traffic on the 400 Autobahn twice a day. I do keep my mastercraft up on the north end and try and spend as much time as I can up there. BTW I was at that game on the hogs side at the 45. That was an awesome play by Childs.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

srwhogs1

I've learned how to deal with GA 400, leave very early and allow 3 hours before my flights, also fly out of Chattanooga some, we have a 250 slip marina within our subdivision, it's a nice getaway from Atlanta, where do you live?, are you going to Athens to watch the Hogs Basketball? we're looking good..

Doug

Had no idea there were so many of us ATL (regional or proper) Hawgs there were... we need to have a watch party (NOT put on by Alumni) somewhere!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

donk

I own a recycling plant in Oakwood and I really like the Lake Lanier area. I live in Rogers but come down there about once a month. 

Laughing Hog

Quote from: srwhogs1 on November 25, 2014, 08:51:30 pm
I've learned how to deal with GA 400, leave very early and allow 3 hours before my flights, also fly out of Chattanooga some, we have a 250 slip marina within our subdivision, it's a nice getaway from Atlanta, where do you live?, are you going to Athens to watch the Hogs Basketball? we're looking good..

Yea, early 'seems' like it means leaving the house at 5am to get to office at 8am nowdays (for a 45 min drive).  ;D

I'm just kinda over dealing with the traffic here (been here since 89).  I'm in East Snobb. Hell, I leave 3 hrs for a flight from there, but I hate pulling OJ's thru the airport, so I'd rather do something with my time at the terminal while waiting to board. It crossed my mind, but with end of year, business being slow/tough and holidays I'll probably just catch on TV.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Doug on November 25, 2014, 09:28:23 pm
Had no idea there were so many of us ATL (regional or proper) Hawgs there were... we need to have a watch party (NOT put on by Alumni) somewhere!

I'm still try'n to hold you to the one you were gonna throw last year. Told ya I'd even fight the top end perimeter to get to ya!  ;D

Doug

Quote from: Laughing HogI'm still try'n to hold you to the one you were gonna throw last year. Told ya I'd even fight the top end perimeter to get to ya!  ;D
Sucks when you're on the road most of the time during CFB... you are certainly welcome down here (We live about 2 miles off the Memorial Drive exit of I-285) when we get a chance to make this happen. Hell, we might do it for a basketball game or even Super Bowl.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Doug on November 25, 2014, 10:09:24 pm
Sucks when you're on the road most of the time during CFB... you are certainly welcome down here (We live about 2 miles off the Memorial Drive exit of I-285) when we get a chance to make this happen. Hell, we might do it for a basketball game or even Super Bowl.

I understand. I'm glad I'm not do'n the road thing anymore (for the most part).

Hoggish1

ATLHoggcallin,

I would love for you to be the toast of the town, well at least around the water cooler, when our Hogs send Misery packing and UGA into the SECCG!

WPS!

shotgun7

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 24, 2014, 12:32:49 pm
not so sure about that. My prediction. Georgia in playoff with 2 losses as SEC champs. MSU snubbed and gets Sugar. Bama to Cap One or Cotton. You heard it here FIRST.

If bama loses to GA, then (assuming they win the egg bowl) MS State will only have 1 loss.  It would be interesting to see if they make the play offs or not. If not they would probably go to a better bowl than Bama