Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen listed as No. 1 on this wedk's depth chart

Started by Hogdomer, November 24, 2014, 11:32:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogdomer

I'm sure it will be addressed in today's press conference.

Hogdomer

BA will not practice Monday or Tuesday, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.  He and Derby "have a chance" to play per Beilema.

hoghiker

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 24, 2014, 12:09:16 pm
BA will not practice Monday or Tuesday, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.  He and Derby "have a chance" to play per Beilema.
Well, crap.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: COCHISE on November 24, 2014, 12:12:25 pm
What? Sounds good to me.
Normally when he talks like this they won't play. We will be extremely lucky to win.

ShadowTheHedgehog

CBB will probably not tell until the very last moment. No reason to tell Mizzou who to prepare for.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 24, 2014, 11:32:51 am
I'm sure it will be addressed in today's press conference.
Austin Allen was giving limited play selection last saturday due to hogs having lead and defense playing so well.
I don't see a lot of difference between the two except AA passes a little less velocity and maybe more touch.
go hogs go !

Tim Harris

If he can play through the injury he had last year I think he will be out there on Friday.

LSPRazorbac

I'm sure they want to keep Mizzou guessing on who the qb will be as well.

Woo Pig

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 24, 2014, 12:09:16 pm
Do they practice on Thursday when its a Friday game other than just a walk through?

AugustaHog

I can't imagine BA not going if he's cleared medically.  He's a tough dude and you know he doesn't want to miss out on this one.  Things are just starting to get fun.

Donny2665

It wont matter who the QB is Friday, Missouri can't stop the run well enough to control the tempo of the game. Our defense is good enough to shut down the Missouri offense, I won't be shocked to see us blow them out.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Oklahawg

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 24, 2014, 02:14:46 pm
It wont matter who the QB is Friday, Missouri can't stop the run well enough to control the tempo of the game. Our defense is good enough to shut down the Missouri offense, I won't be shocked to see us blow them out.

Get AA some well-scripted passes early to keep Mizzou off balance and we may run through them.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

phadedhawg

If BA ain't out there I'm going to be anxious.  AA is unproven, nothing against him, he just hasn't had the opportunities to demonstrate his abilities.  Most of his playing time has been in mop up situations where the playcalling was emphasizing ball control not attacking. 

I like our chances no matter who starts at QB.  It's hard to predict what kind of game this will be but I don't think our QB will be the difference maker.

phadedhawg

If Missouri forces us into a situation where we have to pass almost every down I don't like our chances with either QB.  Our passing game has not demonstrated it can take over a game and win it. 

If our running game is dominate I don't think it matters who's handing the ball off.  I guess BA would have an advantage in reading the defense and checking out of bad plays but what ya gonna do?

hogatheart

Mizzou WILL sell out to stop the run. Bank on it. WPS!!!

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: hawg IQ on November 24, 2014, 01:05:43 pm
Austin Allen was giving limited play selection last saturday due to hogs having lead and defense playing so well.
I don't see a lot of difference between the two except AA passes a little less velocity and maybe more touch.

Good grief.  It doesn't take our fanbase long to forget the lessons they just learned. Remember 4 weeks ago when Brandon Allen was public enemy #1?  It took BA until his Junior year before the game started slowing down for him.   This is standard for almost all SEC QBs who aren't elite talents, it's just the reality of the position.  I would fully expect Austin Allen to have the same problems that Brandon Allen endured as an inexperienced QB playing in his first big games.  If he plays, expect a reduced playbook and some struggles.  And when that happens, please don't start asking to pull the redshirt off Rafe Peavey in game 12. 

Here's to hoping Brandon Allen has a speedy recovery!!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 24, 2014, 02:22:34 pm
If Missouri forces us into a situation where we have to pass almost every down I don't like our chances with either QB.  Our passing game has not demonstrated it can take over a game and win it. 

Not to mention Mizzou's strength is their defensive ends and the pressure they force on passing downs. They had a field day against Dobbs Saturday and he is much more mobile than either of the Allen brothers. Must stay out of obvious passing downs
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

moses_007

I don't see us beating Mizzou if AA is our quarterback for that game.  A healthy and prepared BA will be required for victory.

hogsanity

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 24, 2014, 02:57:49 pm
Good grief.  It doesn't take our fanbase long to forget the lessons they just learned. Remember 4 weeks ago when Brandon Allen was public enemy #1?  It took BA until his Junior year before the game started slowing down for him.   This is standard for almost all SEC QBs who aren't elite talents, it's just the reality of the position.  I would fully expect Austin Allen to have the same problems that Brandon Allen endured as an inexperienced QB playing in his first big games.  If he plays, expect a reduced playbook and some struggles.  And when that happens, please don't start asking to pull the redshirt off Rafe Peavey in game 12. 

I would rather they play Tretola at QB than pull the rs off RP at this point. Even if they had three qbs go down with injuries Fri, DO NOT PLAY RP.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ldfergu

His presser today was pretty good. I don't get the impression we'll see BA but who knows. As for pulling the RS on Peavy I think they'll try to avoid that.  Might see Duwop but he's been suspended for minor academic issues the last few games and is why he hasn't been a part of the gameplan.

If you've got 30 extra mins I encourage you all to watch his presser. He addresses a lot of things and speaks on Korliss Marshall. He won't be back but coach is gonna help him find his way somewhere else. I also do NOT think this all about failed drug tests. There's more to the story that coach doesn't want to speak on out of respect for the player..

Just what I took from it

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

hobhog

AA will start. Fine with me- he needs the experience and we can still beat them running the ball. Next year BA will be the man and AA will have great experience. No worries...

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: hobhog on November 24, 2014, 09:31:19 pm
AA will start. Fine with me- he needs the experience and we can still beat them running the ball. Next year BA will be the man and AA will have great experience. No worries...
It's a worry .. Mizzou will stack the box not sure if AA can beat them ...

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on November 24, 2014, 12:44:26 pm
Normally when he talks like this they won't play. We will be extremely lucky to win.

Luck will have little to do with winning.

Kevin

Mizzou will have same defensive game plan they just had vs tenner.  Sellout on early downs vs the run. Then pin their ears back and attack the passing game. 

Huge game for our oline. Got to be able to run when everyone knows we are running
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

moonswine

lefty08

I think Vegas knows he is playing, the line says it all
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The real Hogules

I have a feeling that our coaching staff is sandbagging and that BA will play, but if not and they work up a game plan for AA I still feel good about our chances.
It is our defense every bit as much as our offense that has been the catalyst for our turning the corner and we appear to be really healthy and jelling at just the right time on that side of the football.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hogatheart on November 24, 2014, 02:43:16 pm
Mizzou WILL sell out to stop the run. Bank on it. WPS!!!
Haha... we all saw how that worked for Ole Piss  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hawg IQ

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 24, 2014, 02:57:49 pm

AA does have a lack of game experience, but BA has limited schemes also.  They are not real flashy type qbs to begin with. We have seen a deer in the head light look from Brandon in the past I agree, but I don't see that so much with Austin, he looked pretty settled against Ol miss.

I don't anticipate AA will panic all that much against Mizzou.  Hogs runs a lot and most pass attempts are fairly safe, beside having a brother like BA keeping him calm always helps.
go hogs go !

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The real Hogules

I think that BA will play, and HH will play without a doubt.
His injury during the Ole Miss game appeared to be little more than a leg cramp to me.
If AA does end up playing I still like our chances to win the game.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Beaverfever

I hope BA plays but if he can't, he cant.  If he's not 90 percent then let's just roll with his brother.  I'll be excited to see what AA can do. 

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

SPAL

Quote from: Hog N Bama on November 25, 2014, 08:35:03 am
Haha... we all saw how that worked for Ole Piss  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Yes... They were very effective. We were very fortunate that our defense played as well as they did because ole miss stifled our offense for the most part.

clew

We are assured a bowl game no matter who plays. As long as the defense shows up, we've got a great shot to win the game.
Pure as the dawn

mhuff

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 25, 2014, 05:16:50 am
I have a feeling that our coaching staff is sandbagging and that BA will play, but if not and they work up a game plan for AA I still feel good about our chances.
It is our defense every bit as much as our offense that has been the catalyst for our turning the corner and we appear to be really healthy and jelling at just the right time on that side of the football.

I also have the feeling that if they stack the box that out TE's are gonna have a field day. It just took us most of the season to learn this. I also expect us to do some play action on first down.

PorkSoda

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 24, 2014, 09:43:51 pm
It's a worry .. Mizzou will stack the box not sure if AA can beat them ...
our defense will keep mizzou in check.  AA will get plenty snaps in practice
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rzrbackrob

Rick Schaeffer said on Memphis radio this afternoon that BA did not practice Monday.
Good is the enemy of great

pghawg1

Bieama tweeted that B.A. practiced today. Sure hope that is right.

mjsphd

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 25, 2014, 09:28:16 pm
Bieama tweeted that B.A. practiced today. Sure hope that is right.

He actually said it was "good to see him (Brandon) run and throw".  Is that the same as saying he "practiced"?  Maybe, but I sure don't know.  It may well be the same or he may have intentionally left it somewhat vague.

WooPig90

PorkSoda

Quote from: mjsphd on November 26, 2014, 02:19:19 pm
He actually said it was "good to see him (Brandon) run and throw".  Is that the same as saying he "practiced"?  Maybe, but I sure don't know.  It may well be the same or he may have intentionally left it somewhat vague.
yeah, I would bet he is still limited in his participation and AA is taking the majority of snaps.

BA I'm sure will still be in all the game meetings as well, so should have a good grasp of the game plan despite limited practice.  They need to get AA as much time as they can because even if BA starts, AA is only one hit away from being back in the game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Ex-Trumpet

Apparently I'm one of the few that is not throwing away all hope if BA can't go...AA I'm sure is getting reps this week with the 1st teamers and will be getting all the encouragement and support he could possibly get from the entire team.

There's too much pride throughout the whole team...seems to me that they see it as a team win or a team loss and will do all they can to insure the team's success.

Woo pig!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?