Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are the Hogs playing with house money this week?

Started by hogsanity, November 24, 2014, 11:30:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

I think they are. They are going to a bowl. It is questionable that a win moves them up from the Independence or Liberty. The SEC wants full stadiums, or at least wants the SEC teams to sell all of their tickets, so they will likely keep everyone as close to home as possible. 

So, the Hogs are free rolling this week against Mizzu. They may do so with a limited BA, or he may not be able to go at all.

Does it figure in to the game that they do not HAVE to win, so do they maybe take a few more chances?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NLRHog92

A win is Liberty and a loss is Independence or Birmingham, imo.

Piggfoot

I figure they will play it close to the vest and not risk any injuries.
I haven't heard but the knee to the back concerned me and made be wonder if Allen had a bruised kidney.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RollHogTide

No - they need the win.  The opportunity to finish the season 8-5 vs. 7-6 is a huge difference.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 24, 2014, 11:34:56 am
I figure they will play it close to the vest and not risk any injuries.
I haven't heard but the knee to the back concerned me and made be wonder if Allen had a bruised kidney.

Close to the vest is just what Mizzu is going to expect, especially if AA is under center. I do think it works to the Hogs advantage that Mizzu has everything to lose, and the Hogs are not going into this game needing a win to make a bowl.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

wupigsuey

To an extent maybe. I think we'll do everything we can to get the win. There's been too much losing not to. Might not have to play as tight as we would if we were looking for win #6.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hogsanity

Quote from: wupigsuey on November 24, 2014, 11:56:12 am

Might not have to play as tight as we would if we were looking for win #6.

That was what I was thinking about. While getting another win is always important, they know there is a post season game coming, win or lose.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2014, 11:30:53 am
I think they are. They are going to a bowl. It is questionable that a win moves them up from the Independence or Liberty. The SEC wants full stadiums, or at least wants the SEC teams to sell all of their tickets, so they will likely keep everyone as close to home as possible. 

So, the Hogs are free rolling this week against Mizzu. They may do so with a limited BA, or he may not be able to go at all.

Does it figure in to the game that they do not HAVE to win, so do they maybe take a few more chances?
Based on CBB and the staff's approach to football I don't foresee us backing off one bit in our play. While a somewhat more conservative offensive approach could take shape in the absence of BA, the rest of the offense will need to take up the slack. I expect the defense to continue their playing "90 miles an hour with their hair on fire" approach against Mizzou.

Atlhogfan1

This staff takes chances no matter the opponent.  Look for a fake kick, wr or rb pass etc.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 24, 2014, 02:21:18 pm
Based on CBB and the staff's approach to football I don't foresee us backing off one bit in our play. While a somewhat more conservative offensive approach could take shape in the absence of BA, the rest of the offense will need to take up the slack. I expect the defense to continue their playing "90 miles an hour with their hair on fire" approach against Mizzou.

I was thinking just the opposite on offense. Since they are free rolling this week, they may open it up more, ESPECIALLY if AA is the Qb, early to try to get Mizzu to back off. You know they are going to put 8 or 9 right up in the face of the OL, just daring them to pass.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2014, 02:24:22 pm
I was thinking just the opposite on offense. Since they are free rolling this week, they may open it up more, ESPECIALLY if AA is the Qb, early to try to get Mizzu to back off. You know they are going to put 8 or 9 right up in the face of the OL, just daring them to pass.
Well we'll certainly see won't we? Frankly just win the game and I care less what offense we run.

Fayettechill14

Could go one of two ways: either we're emotionally spent and come out flat on the road (a real possibility), or we go all out and destroy them because, as the OP said, we're playing with house money.