Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did Indiana and Georgia do that Arkansas has to? Indiana especially.

Started by ZERO, November 24, 2014, 04:22:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on November 24, 2014, 08:14:09 pm
and those 4 teams we held to an ave of 76 yds rushing/game - 45% under season ave., pretty much the same % AR achieved.  But you must also remember TN - everybodies baby last week - had run for almost 500 yards with Dobbs running the show in their previous 2 games, MIZZOU held them to 52 rushing yards total.

500 yards against two of the most woeful defenses in the SEC.  South Carolina and KY rank around #90 in defense.  Mizzou is indeed better than that.

ZERO

Missouri fans: How do you feel about your team playing mysteriously better on the road rather than at home? Does that not worry you at least a little? Arkansas will be the second best team you've played at home. We're not Indiana, Kentucky, or Vanderbilt.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

redeye

Missouri will be tough, and I worry that we'll underestimate 'em, as so many others have done.  They've had some good defensive linemen in the past, so if this is their best, then that's scary thought.

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 24, 2014, 02:58:48 pm
Against Power 5 teams, Mizzou is 6-0 when holding opponents to 135 rush yards or fewer, and 0-2 when allowing more. Pretty simple.

I'm working on a Mizzou preview for Arkansas Fight and I'll post a link on here when it finishes. Hopefully I'll dig up some good stuff.

That's very interesting and I'll look forward to your preview.

I heard on the SECN that Mizzou has the #1 redzone offense in the nation, I believe, so one thing we'll need to do is keep them out of the redzone.  That gives us more freedom to apply pressure up front, because I'd rather they beat us with the deep ball, then score after running the clock down.  Control the clock and keep their defense on the field.

TheGrove68

Quote from: regi on November 24, 2014, 08:32:38 pm
Mizzou recruited to defend the spread teams in the Big12, and now (good fortune for them) everybody in the East runs the spread but UGA, who pounded Mizzou like the 2 and 3 star recruits they are. Arkansas will look to do the same. Run at those small DEs.

Didn't know our DE where that undersized

Golden 6'3 260
Flowers 6'3 270
Ray 6'3 250
Winston 6'4 250
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on November 24, 2014, 08:14:09 pm
and those 4 teams we held to an ave of 76 yds rushing/game - 45% under season ave., pretty much the same % AR achieved.  But you must also remember TN - everybodies baby last week - had run for almost 500 yards with Dobbs running the show in their previous 2 games, MIZZOU held them to 52 rushing yards total.

And 344 of those yards came against the #107 rushing defense in the country (S. Carolina) so it isn't like that was some overwhelming feat or a statement that Tennessee is some kind of rushing juggernaut. You are going to have to do better than that.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on November 24, 2014, 09:38:48 pm
Missouri will be tough, and I worry that we'll underestimate 'em, as so many others have done.  They've had some good defensive linemen in the past, so if this is their best, then that's scary thought.

That's very interesting and I'll look forward to your preview.

I heard on the SECN that Mizzou has the #1 redzone offense in the nation, I believe, so one thing we'll need to do is keep them out of the redzone.  That gives us more freedom to apply pressure up front, because I'd rather they beat us with the deep ball, then score after running the clock down.  Control the clock and keep their defense on the field.

Close, they are #2. But the flip side of that coin is that Miss State is #1 in RZ Defense and we scored on them, Missouri comes in at #95. We come in at #4 in RZ Defense.
Go Hogs Go!

ZERO

I'm betting Ole Miss had a high ranked RZ defense. It was extraordinarily stout. I didn't know we had the #4 RZ defense, interesting.

The most potent offense we've faced this year is Auburn's. I can't imagine Missouri would be anywhere close to that tough, and I can't imagine their defense as a whole is going to be any stouter than Alabama, LSU, or Ole Miss'. In other words, at the very least, they're not going to match the intensity of many other conference foes we faced. And coming in at 6-5, we should be one of the tougher opponents they've faced.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

code red

I want to win this game more than any other this year.  Com'on HOGS!!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou