Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who keeps checking for commitment news?

Started by razorhog52, November 23, 2014, 10:10:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhog52

I keep feeling like it's coming. Anytime I open this forum there will be a "so-and-so is a hog!!" Come on guys, let's open the flood gates and fill those last 8 spots!

NLRHog92

Attila the Hog

downsouthhawg72

I think if they really wanted to fill those 8 remaining slots it could be done very quickly. They are doing the smart thing & waiting to pick wisely. We did that last year in excepting anybody & had to let people go. That don't sit well with some high school coaches.
DownSouthHawg

redeye

I'm not sure that I ever stop doing it, but considering how we only have 8 spots left, and some of them probably won't be filled until the week of NSD, commitments will probably come slow from here on out.  It sounds like we have several guys ready to commit, but the coaches aren't ready to accept them, yet.  So, I try not to be too impatient, while knowing that good things are coming down the road.

razorhog52

Totally agree. But a 4 star every week or two until February would be nice.

greenie

i'm spending way too much time on here...and other places...looking for recruiting info.  I'm always ready for a commitment, but I'm feeling it may be after Christmas before the best commitments are known.  I keep telling myself to be patient...not working.

AugustaHog

We should know about Merrick soon after his bama and FSU visits as he is an early grad.  Can't wait to hear on him and Barnett.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on November 23, 2014, 10:27:16 pm
I think if they really wanted to fill those 8 remaining slots it could be done very quickly. They are doing the smart thing & waiting to pick wisely. We did that last year in excepting anybody & had to let people go. That don't sit well with some high school coaches.

Without our success I expect us to be even more conservative about who we take.

Could be a long time before another commit unless they are 4 star caliber

redeye

Quote from: razorhog52 on November 23, 2014, 10:30:26 pm
Totally agree. But a 4 star every week or two until February would be nice.

I wouldn't complain.

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 23, 2014, 10:41:21 pm
Without our success I expect us to be even more conservative about who we take.

Could be a long time before another commit unless they are 4 star caliber

I think we're more conservative, because there's more interest and we have more to choose from.

And while I don't know if we're holding off on any 4-star players we have serious interest in signing, I do know of a few we could sign, if we wanted them.  You'll probably think I'm nitpicking, though, because I know what you mean and I'm sure you're right.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

NLRHog92

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 23, 2014, 10:38:27 pm
We should know about Merrick soon after his bama and FSU visits as he is an early grad.  Can't wait to hear on him and Barnett.

When is Bama visit? 247 has him also visiting LSU on December 5... and I'm not 100 percent if he's an early grad or not. He's so extremely positive after every visit, hard to tell which way he's leaning. I'm just extremely ready for these guys to decide.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PIGZSNOUT

Guilty. I check it every day multiple times per day. ;-)

Not lying either!

kp72204

Me as well. i think if we be beat Mizzou(DUH), Recruits might have to fight to be 1 of the last 8.

SemperFi

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 23, 2014, 11:12:04 pm
Guilty

As sin! I check this forum several times throughout the day in hopes of seeing a Barnett or Merrick or both are Hogs. With only 8 spots open I think the coaches are playing it smart as so many in this thread alluded to. I really would love to see us have that NFL caliber OL where a 100 yard game for our RBs is considered an off night. Love the class we've got coming in. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

gmarv

me too I,m looking for some of them bad boys that wanna be bad men as hogs.

RazorBassin

Guilty!  Check in several times a day hoping to see that something has happened in the last few hours since my last check in.  It is a great time to be a Hog!  Can't wait to see how this class finishes.

WaltonCollege

Are you sure Merrick is early grad? Haven't seen that anywhere

ShadowTheHedgehog

Oklahawg

Just wait for the dark days of the "quiet period" over Christmas. No contact between coaches and players. Ugh, gets tough.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 24, 2014, 09:22:37 am
Just wait for the dark days of the "quiet period" over Christmas. No contact between coaches and players. Ugh, gets tough.

Yeah, it always sucks.

NSD makes it all worth it, though.  That's one of my favorite days of the year.  Should be a national holiday.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boardon Hamsay

Guilty. I look forward to checking on recruiting though so it's more of a welcomed excitement than anxiety.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

OLDHOG

Yep, I look forward to RD's posts, too. I really trust his stuff.

whosiskid

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 24, 2014, 07:45:00 am
Are you sure Merrick is early grad? Haven't seen that anywhere

Froholdt in an interview said that he hoped to talk Merrick into committing to Arkansas and joining him in Fayetteville in the spring. It sure sounded from that like Merrick was a January enrollee.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 24, 2014, 09:26:09 am
Yeah, it always sucks.

NSD makes it all worth it, though.  That's one of my favorite days of the year.  Should be a national holiday.

It isn't??

JTHog59

dumbdude479

I am not alone. I check this forum multiple time a day. I want one of the big OL.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Hawg_Thai'd

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about the "Gout Report"
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Luke STYwalker

it's like a kid checking under the christmas tree all during the month of december, counting to see if any new presents are there. 
    I check like times per week and also check our "already commited" number to see if we still have all of them.
   Oklahawg  is right,  christmas is the worst!   and i have the most time to check during that time period, makes it worse.

razorbackcaller

I keeping coming here looking to see any news on porter gustin. I am always disappointed!

ricepig

Quote from: razorbackcaller on November 25, 2014, 05:55:31 pm
I keeping coming here looking to see any news on porter gustin. I am always disappointed!

You'll be disappointed for awhile, hopefully we get a Jan visit, but I'm not holding my breath.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Wildhog on November 24, 2014, 09:26:09 am
Yeah, it always sucks.

I'm guilty as well. NSD has been an off day for me for the last 3 years. I have no life, love recruiting news. Well, good recruiting news for the Hogs!!
I love off season Football!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: razorhog52 on November 23, 2014, 10:10:00 pm
I keep feeling like it's coming. Anytime I open this forum there will be a "so-and-so is a hog!!" Come on guys, let's open the flood gates and fill those last 8 spots!

We all do dumbass.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

greenie

I check here. I check Twitter. I check 247.  I read other message boards.  I need a 12 step program.

But until I find that program...I need to find out who CBB was talking to tonight as referenced in his latest tweet:

QuoteBret Bielema ‏@BretBielema  1h1 hour ago
Finished practice and have talked to prospects and parents in New Smyrna Beach and Titusville Florida, Indianapolis, and of course Arkansas!

Any guesses?  I'm off to do a little research.

razorhog52

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on November 25, 2014, 09:45:19 pm
We all do dumbass.

You may "do dumbasses" but I don't do any asses. That's private info you should keep to yourself.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: greenie on November 25, 2014, 10:08:40 pm
I check here. I check Twitter. I check 247.  I read other message boards.  I need a 12 step program.

But until I find that program...I need to find out who CBB was talking to tonight as referenced in his latest tweet:

KM's replacement. There is going to be the yearly request/wish from the local fans about who they vote for to be on team. This year seems to have most people voting for DJ Brown. Just a hunch though.

NLRHog92

Quote from: greenie on November 25, 2014, 10:08:40 pm

New Smyrna Beach is Merrick, Indianapolis is Darrin Kirkland Jr, who recently de-committed from Michigan, not sure on the Titusville, Florida though. And hopefully here in Arkansas was DJ Brown and some potential walk-ons!

razorhog52

Is DJ going to be this years Josh Liddell or Korliss Marshall? It seems someone always hits the big time this time of year.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Bielema is doing his in home with Merrick on Monday, so possibility for a commitment there

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 26, 2014, 04:29:00 am
Bielema is doing his in home with Merrick on Monday, so possibility for a commitment there

I was not aware of an in-home. Do you or anyone else think that a commit will be coming then? That would help aleviate some specualtion of who # 8 is. (counting down now)

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on November 26, 2014, 04:57:56 am
I was not aware of an in-home. Do you or anyone else think that a commit will be coming then? That would help aleviate some specualtion of who # 8 is. (counting down now)

I don't really know, but I sure hope so

greenie

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 26, 2014, 02:18:03 am
New Smyrna Beach is Merrick, Indianapolis is Darrin Kirkland Jr, who recently de-committed from Michigan, not sure on the Titusville, Florida though. And hopefully here in Arkansas was DJ Brown and some potential walk-ons!

Thanks.  I got Merrick.  Was unsure about the Indianapolis kid until RD's Wed bits.  Still can't find anything on anyone from Titusville for 15 or 16.  It's probably obvious and I'm missing it.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: greenie on November 26, 2014, 09:12:19 am
Thanks.  I got Merrick.  Was unsure about the Indianapolis kid until RD's Wed bits.  Still can't find anything on anyone from Titusville for 15 or 16.  It's probably obvious and I'm missing it.

It may also be the parent of a kid. One of the parents may live in Titusville and the kid goes to school elsewhere

greenie

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 26, 2014, 09:30:07 am
It may also be the parent of a kid. One of the parents may live in Titusville and the kid goes to school elsewhere

Good point.  Thanks.

WooPig90

Quote from: greenie on November 26, 2014, 09:12:19 am

From RD's bits, it looks like the Titusville recruit is someone from the 16 class

Super Hog