Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find a way to blow out Missouri and...

Started by HogFanatic, November 23, 2014, 09:42:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanatic

I think we are gonna see some hardware handed out to at least one Razorback coach at the end of the season.

If, by some miracle, Arkansas can pitch another shut out on the road against Missouri, Robb Smith is a shoe-in for the Broyles award.

If Arkansas wins by three scores and holds Missouri to 10 points or less and I think Bielema will get serious consideration for Coach of the Year.

(just putting it out there)

Dr. Starcs

pigroots

HogFanatic

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 23, 2014, 09:47:33 pm
How about just win.

Yeah, a win would be nice.
I think they'll get it, but it may be a whole heck of a lot closer than my OP was outlining.

These are just thoughts that are creeping in and sound pretty darn good to me.  ;D

Piggfoot

We've had a good year and I am proud of our coaches, but a ÇOTY will not be coming our way if Mullen beats OM.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hellafied

They give out multiple coach of the year awards. There is a chance he could get one of them

reddogjcss

Deeznutts

Bret already has my Coach of the Year award. For wins, improvement and for building character. I don't care what happens next week, he is Coach of the Year.

John (mrchambo) Chamberlain

demonHOG1013

I'll take a W and Robb Smith Broyles Award winner. Even in our losses we held current #1 Alabama to 14 points, #4 Miss St. to 17 points. 

MIZZOU MSG

Hoggish1

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 23, 2014, 09:42:24 pm
I think we are gonna see some hardware handed out to at least one Razorback coach at the end of the season.

If, by some miracle, Arkansas can pitch another shut out on the road against Missouri, Robb Smith is a shoe-in for the Broyles award.

If Arkansas wins by three scores and holds Missouri to 10 points or less and I think Bielema will get serious consideration for Coach of the Year.

Just win.

threeNout

Any sort of win, and he'll get consideration.

Lots of points can be made for COTY besides just overall W/L record.

Keeping his team together, during the losing streak, after all the near misses, surviving that and then finishing strong, yes, he would get serious consideration.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: pigroots on November 23, 2014, 09:48:52 pm
I'll take a 1pt win

^^^

Don't care what the margin is. I just want another W!!

WPS

I ran into some fellow Hog fans in the Sam's Wholesale in Norman, Ok yesterday. It was great to share the good times!!  WPS!!

srwhogs1

good post and I agree we just need to win, I live in NE Georgia, all my GA friends are big HOG fans this week..

srwhogs1

good post and I agree we just need to win, I live in NE Georgia, all my GA friends are big HOG fans this week..

FaytownHog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 23, 2014, 09:42:24 pm

Has a 7-5 coach ever won coach of the year? Seems highly unlikely. And it's not even a possibility with coaches like Dan Mullen sitting out there this year. If we were 9-2 like we are oh so close to being with all of our close call losses, then maybe he'd have a shot.

FaytownHog

HogScoutMaster

I really want to see us win this one!  Its sad they only have 1 SEC loss.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."