Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark vs Mizzo

Started by reddogjcss, November 23, 2014, 06:00:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

31to6

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on November 24, 2014, 07:30:46 am
Georgia destroyed them at Missouri without Gurley.

I said on here that we would beat Ole Miss by three scores and some folks said I was crazy.  I think Mizzou gets a FG right before halftime.

24-3 HOGS
If we can run, it will be bad for them. They had no answer for Indiana. Yes, I said that.

But it is MUCH easier for Georgia to plug in yet another blue chip RB (who ran all over US too, if you recall) than it will be for us to move the ball against them with a backup QB.

Mizzou usually has good rushing defense. (Averaging giving up 109 yards per game in conference play.) Their entire defense is a "stop the run first" defense with aggressive line and secondary play. They will be able to stack the box on 1st down and will show a ton of different looks to confuse AA on passing downs. So, are we going to reprise Indiana/Georgia (both ran for 200+) or are we going to look more like the rest of the teams they played?

Our recipe for a win:

1) Rush for 150 yards. We need this to be a 110 snap game. The way Mizzou flings the ball, they will eventually score if we give them 70+ snaps.
2) Contain and disrupt Maty Mauk.
3) Hold serve on special teams. Mizzou is dangerous in KR/PR. But their FG kicker is not much of a weapon. We have zero weapons on ST. Uneventful Special Teams on both sides is a win for us.
4) +2 turnovers.
5) slow their running game.

Capt. Hamm

Cresthog

Not going to be as easy of a game that everyone thinks.

Amazing how the last 2 years haven't taught Hog fans to be a little cautious.

Optimism is fine, but chill the F out on the cockiness.

rljjr

Hoping for inclement weather, but supposed to be 55 and sunny with a 10-20 MPH Southerly wind. WPS!

Prairie Bayou

Quote from: MIZZOU MSG on November 24, 2014, 08:04:53 am
Just shut up and show me!

You know guys, this dude is right.  The number one team from the SEC East is playing our lowly last place Hogs in the SEC West.  This game should be like an FCS cupcake contest for the Kitty Cats. 

However, if your Kittens were to lose to us lowly Razorbacks, I think you would admit that you, the University, the State, and heck even Gary Pinkel's mom, would be just totally embarrassed and mortified.  Because the SEC East is better than the West this year, right????  Wonder what the Kittens could've done with our schedule.  You'd be watching bowl games at home, much less have a shot at Atlanta.

hogfansince79

Hogs  27
Tigers  13

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

GuvHog

I said when the Hogs shutout LSU they realized that they can win in the SEC. That makes them a very dangerous team.

28-3 Hogs

IMHO Mizzou will have serious problems with this Hog Defense.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: arkansaspanic on November 23, 2014, 08:08:08 pm
17-13 Mizzou

They have a lot to play for and hogs really don't.  That combined with a short week with a new QB and trying to come back down after a couple of high emotional weeks will be too much this week.  Hope I'm wrong. 

Disagree. In the SEC, finishing the regular season at 6-6 would put the Hogs in a precarious position in that depending on what happens in other games, they could get left out of the Bowl picture. Finishing 7-5 guarantees them a bowl game and most likely a middle tier SEC tie-in Bowl. The Hogs do indeed have a lot to play for.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogScoutMaster

24-17 - I really REALLY hope we CURB STOMP them, I wanna go to the Liberty Bowl
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

reddogjcss

Odds has dead even. -0 +0

Jamie Jones

Going to be a long day for Mauk. He has inconsistent WR and Hogs shut the running game down. Whichever Allen brother plays only has to hand the ball to AC and JWill and manage to throw the ball to HH and AJD. I originally said 24-3 but upon further review, I'll say 41-0 as CBB gets his first road SEC victory in as fine of style as he got the first SEC win of his short career at Arkansas.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

MIZZOU MSG

Quote from: Prairie Bayou on November 24, 2014, 11:26:32 am
You know guys, this dude is right.  The number one team from the SEC East is playing our lowly last place Hogs in the SEC West.  This game should be like an FCS cupcake contest for the Kitty Cats. 

However, if your Kittens were to lose to us lowly Razorbacks, I think you would admit that you, the University, the State, and heck even Gary Pinkel's mom, would be just totally embarrassed and mortified.  Because the SEC East is better than the West this year, right????  Wonder what the Kittens could've done with our schedule.  You'd be watching bowl games at home, much less have a shot at Atlanta.
We will find out, and our DEs are primed and ready!

PonderinHog

Großer Kriegschwein

Tired of hearing the smack talk from them daggum yankees in MO. Had to listen to that crap for 6 years living in Mtn. Home, stupid show-me state license plates and they all sound like they're from Chicago. This is the one I really hope we throttle.

30-6 Arkansas.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hawgzinbowlz

The earholes are big enough for Mauk to see which Hog it was.

" GO HOGS "

mizzou waltz

Quote from: 31to6 on November 24, 2014, 10:33:10 am
If we can run, it will be bad for them. They had no answer for Indiana. Yes, I said that.

But it is MUCH easier for Georgia to plug in yet another blue chip RB (who ran all over US too, if you recall) than it will be for us to move the ball against them with a backup QB.

Mizzou usually has good rushing defense. (Averaging giving up 109 yards per game in conference play.) Their entire defense is a "stop the run first" defense with aggressive line and secondary play. They will be able to stack the box on 1st down and will show a ton of different looks to confuse AA on passing downs. So, are we going to reprise Indiana/Georgia (both ran for 200+) or are we going to look more like the rest of the teams they played?

Our recipe for a win:

1) Rush for 150 yards. We need this to be a 110 snap game. The way Mizzou flings the ball, they will eventually score if we give them 70+ snaps.
2) Contain and disrupt Maty Mauk.
3) Hold serve on special teams. Mizzou is dangerous in KR/PR. But their FG kicker is not much of a weapon. We have zero weapons on ST. Uneventful Special Teams on both sides is a win for us.
4) +2 turnovers.
5) slow their running game.

I'd agree with you if it were earlier in the season, but not at this point. We had some inexperience on the Oline for IU due to injuries and Mauk wasn't playing smart. We've adjusted our scheme, Mauk has been coachable and playing better in the pocket, and our Oline is currently a strength.

Razorback de Nosferatu

November 24, 2014, 08:23:43 pm #66 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:43:01 pm by Razorback de Nosferatu
Tiger fans will talk about how much they've improved since that Georgia-sparked implosion in Columbia.  But it's hard to tell.

Since that game, they've played

6-4 Florida
3-8 Vanderbilt
5-6 Kentucky
7-4 Texas A&M
and
5-6 Tennessee.

Maybe Missouri has figured some things out, and thus truly improved.  Likely, they have indeed improved, and they've also played the closest thing the SEC can offer to a truly pathetic schedule.  Mizzou can talk about how highly ranked their defense is, but who have they played, save perhaps Texas A&M, that is formidable on the offensive side of the ball?  Florida has struggled to throw a forward pass and Vandy is downright inept. Tennessee's offensive numbers this year ain't blowing anybody away (their rushing offense is ranked #103) and Kentucky's offense ranks in the seventies.  Before the Georgia game they played a decent South Carolina offense.  There's that.

And Mizzou's offense?  They're ranked #106 in passing yards and #65 overall, despite playing an FCS school and defenses that rank #75, #89, #106, #95, #108, and #94.  That is over half their schedule. And one of the few decent defenses they played blanked them.  The other, Florida, held them to 119 total yards. 

Arkansas blanked a top ten team and a top twenty team.  Save 1.5 quarters @Auburn and that awful second quarter against Georgia, Arkansas has looked good all year long, DESPITE a much tougher schedule.

All that said, I'm nervous about this game.  Missouri has a lot to play for, they're an SEC school, and despite the schedule and the numbers... they've won.  You can't ask for more than that.  Arkansas should NOT take these dudes for granted. And they won't.

Arkansas pulls a performance out of the hat that will harken back to Lubbock.

:razorback:

srwhogs1

rusvegashog

I'm sure it's a bunch of places, but I don't know where, can someone tell me what the status and injuries are/were on BA, AJD and HH. Thanks in advance.

snortyann

Missouri v. Tenn showed the Tigers to be strong on D. ESPN has them ranked #5 in sacks. Their D is not like any other teams we've played. They ran a four man front, ran stunts and didn't show blitze or load the box against the Vols. Their LBs are very speedy. Their offense played sloppy at times with team penalties at 12 near the end of the game but they made big plays late in the game to put it away. Their QB is the son of a football coach, a nimble runner, makes good decisions, puts good touch on throws and is accurate with long passes. I'm not an expert but I think our D will likely be credited more for winning this one.

31to6

Quote from: mizzou waltz on November 24, 2014, 07:46:37 pm
I'd agree with you if it were earlier in the season, but not at this point. We had some inexperience on the Oline for IU due to injuries and Mauk wasn't playing smart. We've adjusted our scheme, Mauk has been coachable and playing better in the pocket, and our Oline is currently a strength.
You misunderstand. I am not saying we will do all of those things.

I am saying that we need to do all of those things to win.

Do you disagree that running the ball, shortening the game, creating turnovers, disrupting the QB and stopping the run are not a good recipe to win on the road in the SEC against a team with a stout defense and a dangerous offense?

Mauk has been more steady recently. But his passing has still been pretty pedestrian and that is against some pretty bad defenses. (Vandy, Kentucky and A&M are three of the 4 worst defenses in the conference and TN is merely average.)

Kevin

Their win at a&m is impressive
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Theroyalpain

Hutson Mason was 22-28 for 156 passing.  Lots of dinks and dunks.  Nick Chub ran for 143 yards, but it took 38 carries.  He had a whopping 3.8 yard per carry average.   

Maty Mauk was missing two of his starting receivers in Darius White and Bud Sasser.  He threw 4 picks, with a depleted wr core.  Mizzou on defense was missing Markus Golden, who when healthy might be slightly better then Shane Ray.

Georgia had the ball for 43 minutes compared to Mizzou's 17.

The final score was 34-0, but hardly the but whopping most claim.  Just average QB from Mauk, the game is a lot closer because the defense wore down late 3rd early 4th.

Missouri was victim to a bogus 4th down incompletion pass interference on Indiana's game winning drive.  The game was over, but Indiana was given new life.  Indiana is now playing with a 3rd string QB, so to judge them then and now isn't fair.

With that said, Mizzou 24 Ark 21

reddogjcss

I don't exspect any cake walk. Just smash mouth football! Ark wins!

LZH

I watched Georgia jail-rape Mizzou earlier in the year.  And I never, ever expected to beat LSU/Ole Miss by a combined 47-0.

If we keep our heads on straight, we win by two, maybe three TD's.

reddogjcss

Hey Thero hearing any talk of Pinkel going to Florida? most likely just rumors!

LZH

Quote from: reddogjcss on November 25, 2014, 09:09:20 pm
Hey Thero hearing any talk of Pinkel going to Florida? most likely just rumors!

Word down here is Stoops or bust.

Theroyalpain

Quote from: LZH on November 25, 2014, 09:10:36 pm
Word down here is Stoops or bust.

Lol, college Footballs most overrated coach..Good Luck, you should be targeting Art Briles out of that Big Texass conference

chuggs33

In my opinion, the Hogs should win this one.  Mizzou, to me, didn't look impressive at all against Tenn.  And if they are penalized against the Hogs as much as they were against Tenn, it could get ugly really quick.

Go Hogs!

Pudgepork

this tigger team is dangerous because people have predicted losses for them and they find a way to win.  I think they play up to the level of the team they are playing.  That does usually bite a team when their enthusiasm is down.   Its easy to see how they' be very overconfident going into the Indiana game.   Georgia just flat out muscled them and made them like it.

If the Hogs team that played the 2nd quarter of the Hogs/UGA game shows up, this whole game will be a tale of ineptitude.

If the Hog team that has played the first 3 quarters of pretty much every other game of the year shows up, the tiggers will leave de-clawed and likely castrated

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

With BA:  23-0 Hogs
Without BA: 13-0 Hogs

Gotta keep the shutout streak going. :razorback:

Mizzou Bushwacker

Missouri    24
Arkansas   13

DEVICEHIGH

31-10
Big Allen.

17-10
Little Allen.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Cave City Joe

24 - 3.  Mo gets 3 for home field.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

tigerinhogtown

23-16 winner is the team that wins the turnover margin

secfan30

Quote from: MIZZOU MSG on November 24, 2014, 07:58:29 am
I know you are prepared for your melt down, because you have had plenty of practice over the last two seasons.

Georgia 34-0 and Indi----wait for it---Ana

tigerinhogtown

Quote from: secfan30 on November 26, 2014, 04:18:20 pm
I don't want you to die, I just want you to cease living on this board...

I'm not giving a score just going to say this has a feel, to me, that we can run on them north and south like we did Texas Tech.

TT is giving up an ave of 260 yds/game.  You really think MIZZOU is that bad?

secfan30

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on November 26, 2014, 04:29:30 pm
TT is giving up an ave of 260 yds/game.  You really think MIZZOU is that bad?

I did not say that, just said I feel we are going to run on them like we did Tech...

tigerinhogtown

oh, well THAT makes all the difference   ::)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Theroyalpain on November 25, 2014, 09:12:58 pm
Lol, college Footballs most overrated coach..Good Luck, you should be targeting Art Briles out of that Big Texass conference

You mean the same Bob Stoops who owns an 8-1 record vs. Missouri since he arrived at Oklahoma? Apparently not overrated when it comes to you guys.

Not taking up for Stoops, just pointing out that you are just here to troll and incite arguments. You might want to be careful if you want to stick around through Friday.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

respirback

rusvegashog

November 26, 2014, 06:37:51 pm #92 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:00:56 am by rusvegashog
Boy win a couple games and we go from the dumbest to the most arrogant fan base. Should be a good game. Mizzou is going for their second straight division title and we're going for our third straight win. Whether folks want to admit it or not Mizzou is one of the best most stable programs out there right now. Fandom's one thing and common sense is another. That makes a win that much sweeter. Now their bball teams a different story.

FaulknerHogfan

Dominicanhog

please Billy, Billy, Billy,  13-9 Hogs.... :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rusvegashog on November 26, 2014, 06:37:51 pm
Boy win a couple games and we go from the dumbest to the most arrogant fan base. Should be a good game. Mizzou is going for their second straight division title and we're going for our third straight win. Whether folks want to admit it or not Mizzou is one of the best most stable programs out there right now. Fandom's one thing and common sense is another. That makes a win that much sweeter. Now there bball teams a different story.

Not saying that we are a definite win, but I think that we stand a very good chance IF we play (as a team) the way we have the last two games.

Mizzou has played inconsistently from the beginning of the year. They look good, they look not so good. You never know which team shows up to play regardless of the chips on the table. As an example, Mizzou wouldn't be in the position they are right now, needing to win this game to win the SEC East, if they had taken care of business against Georgia earlier in the year. Instead, they got their arses handed to them. Beyond that game, they haven't really played anyone of merit.

We got our arse handed to us by Georgia as well, but most of that was due to one second quarter breakdown. After that game, we improved and against significantly better and ranked teams than what Missouri has.

That doesn't mean that they won't step it up against us with the SEC East and an SECCG on the line, but as good and dangerous as Missouri might be, if we play our game, they won't win. Turn the ball over a lot and not gain turnovers, not have a good 3rd down % and not have a good RZ % and all bets are off.

I expect a close game that is decided in the last half of the 4th quarter and I hope that we win.
Go Hogs Go!