Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas will be pre-season Top 10

Started by Pig in the Pokey, November 23, 2014, 05:30:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

I can feel it. If we didn't have Bama on the road, I'd say Top 5.

I'm calling it. Arkansas #8 to start 2015.

Sorry, Ole Pissy. We took that number!  :razorback:
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

StuartDavin

Why would having Bama on the road change their preseason ranking?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: StuartDavin on November 23, 2014, 05:32:09 pm
Why would having Bama on the road change their preseason ranking?
they usually say that all off season. We play @the division favorite so they kinda pencil in a loss.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HF#1

I don't think we will be top ten.  I do think if we beat Mizzou and win our bowl game we will start the season ranked assuming we don't lose too much in the off season.

Top ten is asking a little much.  We could move into the top ten rather quickly with a few W's.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

popcornhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 23, 2014, 05:30:40 pm

Absurd. Also, why do you have so much emotion involved in Ole Miss? Who cares about them in the scheme of things?

We'll have a shot at a top 15 start if we win out.
WPS

TMc

arkansasrazorback

Top 10.  No.  We will start about 16-22

trashcan maN

ChicoHog

Pigsknuckles

Oh good Lawd...I remember the last time that happened.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Based on the facts of what we have done in our football games even in losses, we will likely be ranked higher than any other 5 or 6 loss team, but not top 10, not even top 20 but likely  from 21 to 25 with a quick move if we come out of the gates winning big, showing a great D and and not making dumb mistakes.

Tusks

the hogs are 25th in the ESPN power rankings at 6-5.   Finish 8-5 with BA & all the RB's coming back they will get a 5-10 preseason ranking.

Bama, new QB. LSU, same old crappy QB. Auburn, new QB, OMU new QB.  MSU is at home and A/M is well, A/M.

Not saying it they will finish, but I say the hogs start 5-10.

It will be the trendy pick by all the pundits next year.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DoctorSusscrofa

Nope. We'll be between 15 and 25. They won't put us ahead of Alabama, FSU, OSU, Oregon, TCU, Georgia, Auburn, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan St., or LSU in preseason. And probably won't put us ahead of Baylor, ND, and Texas. Too many magazines and newspapers to sell in those states for us to get that high a preseason ranking. They can sell out the PS magazines and move us up later if need be.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

sharpd1

Depends on how we finish the season.  I don't care what bowl we end up in.  We always struggle in the postseason.

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

OahuHawg

If there is a god, it won't be 8. Memories of "ULM shocks no.8 Arkansas" still haunt my nightmares.

ZERO

17 sounds about right, for multiple reasons. This is assuming, of course, we take care of business the next two games.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ChitownHawg

This kind of crazy talk happened a couple of years ago. Then the season began and people started realizing we had lost the major production of our defense. The same is happening the year. Give us a #15 to #25 preseason ranking and let's see the younger guys step up to take Flowers, Spaight, and Turners production.

If they step up then our season will be a good one with us moving on up to the East Side!  ;)

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

MuskogeeHogFan

Win out and everything else will take care of itself. I don't care where we are ranked to begin next season or if we are ranked at all. All I care about is where we end up next season, and that's a far piece down the road at this point.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggie17

Quote from: HF#1 on November 23, 2014, 05:55:09 pm
I don't think we will be top ten.  I do think if we beat Mizzou and win our bowl game we will start the season ranked assuming we don't lose too much in the off season.

Top ten is asking a little much.  We could move into the top ten rather quickly with a few W's.
This

popcornhog

Quote from: tusked on November 23, 2014, 08:30:46 pm
the hogs are 25th in the ESPN power rankings at 6-5.   Finish 8-5 with BA & all the RB's coming back they will get a 5-10 preseason ranking.

Bama, new QB. LSU, same old crappy QB. Auburn, new QB, OMU new QB.  MSU is at home and A/M is well, A/M.

We will be a trendy dark horse pick, but not too 10 coming off of a 5+ loss season when losing our best 2 defensive players.

We could finish in the top 10 next year, but I would bet you any amount of money that we don't start there.
WPS

lahawg1

Slow down there Sparky, we still have 2 games to win this year then we can talk about next year. Focus grasshopper...

cypert2

Quote from: tusked on November 23, 2014, 08:30:46 pm

Yeah. For good or bad , we will be the media darlings next year.  We will start the year somewhere around #10.
Swinging on the two and the four.

The Hogfather

If we win the next 2, I could definitely see it.

hog911

Aren't we putting the cart before the horse here? We still have to beat mizzou and win a bowl game. We could very easily lose both.

smb

Quote from: hog911 on November 24, 2014, 07:57:03 am
Aren't we putting the cart before the horse here? We still have to beat mizzou and win a bowl game. We could very easily lose both.
I like this answer. Lets beat Missouri first.
GeorgiaHOG

RollHogTide

If Arkansas wins out - I would expect to see them #15-20, depending on how they finish the season.

Hawgzinbowlz

15-25. Too much wait and see about sustained success.

" GO HOGS "