Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For a Little Perspective

Started by WilsonHog, November 23, 2014, 04:13:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

We are 6-5.

We are 2-5 in the SEC.

We are last in the SEC West.

We are the #26 ranked team in the country.

Uncommon

We are on our way to being very, very good.

Lanny

Makes one wish they could replay the season starting tomorrow
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HSVhogfan2

....... And the average Ohio State Alum still think the Big10 is the best conference in the nation.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

root_hawg

Ever team in our division is bowl eligible .. enough said

The_Iceman

Quote from: Lanny on November 23, 2014, 04:14:48 pm
Makes one wish they could replay the season starting tomorrow

I said the same thing last night. Might finish with 9 wins.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Uncommon on November 23, 2014, 04:14:47 pm
We are on our way to being very, very good.  A win next week puts us way ahead of schedule.

I would contend even a close loss puts AR way ahead of schedule. A win puts AR in the conversation as preseason SEC West favorite for 2015. Not even Rick Shaefer would've been that optimistic.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

redeye

We're 25th in ESPN's Power Rankings and 6th in their SEC Power Rankings.  The latter puts us right behind Auburn and ahead of LSU, Ole Miss and A&M, which many naysayers around here never expected to see.  In other words, we're now an upper-tier SEC team again.

WilsonHog

I've been following college football for 40 years.

Never thought I'd see the day when a 6-5 and 2-5 team would be well thought of enough to be considered #26 in the country.

Uncommon

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on November 23, 2014, 04:21:19 pm
I would contend even a close loss puts AR way ahead of schedule. A win puts AR in the conversation as preseason SEC West favorite for 2015. Not even Rick Shaefer would've been that optimistic.
Agree.  I guess I should've put that a win would be way ahead of schedule as far as my expectations.  Had the Hogs going 6-6 this season.