Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 09, 2024, 06:29:48 am

RBs

Started by RazorPiggie, November 23, 2014, 01:22:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

So with the Marshall news do y'all think we start recruiting some RBs harder than previously?  We well need a 3rd RB next year. And what happens is JWill goes pro (I don't think he will)? Just curious what Hogville thinks?

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 23, 2014, 01:22:06 pm
So with the Marshall news do y'all think we start recruiting some RBs harder than previously?  We well need a 3rd RB next year. And what happens is JWill goes pro (I don't think he will)? Just curious what Hogville thinks?

We have Day and Williams III, plus others, I suspect they'll take a great one, but have other priorities.

MH04

I think duwop will see some time there next year as well

yraciv

I fully expect Ryleigh Williams will be able to contribute as our 4th back if need be.  Of course you'd like redshirt him, but RB is the easiest position to contribute as a FR.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: yraciv on November 23, 2014, 01:27:26 pm
I fully expect Ryleigh Williams will be able to contribute as our 4th back if need be.  Of course you'd like redshirt him, but RB is the easiest position to contribute as a FR.

Thinking Walker as the 3rd?

RazorPiggie

Well without a doubt we have to land a bigtime guy next year.

yraciv

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 23, 2014, 01:30:15 pm
Thinking Walker as the 3rd?

I'm thinking Day is 3rd. Walker is a FB that occasionally gets carries to me at this point.

WaltonCollege

Denzell Evans will be a redshirt sophomore next yr, he is a beast running back we signed out of Houston a couple years back. I think he will get some carrys next yr and eat nicely

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 23, 2014, 01:48:57 pm
Denzell Evans will be a redshirt sophomore next yr, he is a beast running back we signed out of Houston a couple years back. I think he will get some carrys next yr and eat nicely
If he was a beast he would see time. Day will probably pass him up. Thomas better land a 5 or high 4 next year.

aloha_kid

Quote from: MH04 on November 23, 2014, 01:27:19 pm
I think duwop will see some time there next year as well

I'm not sure why Duwop isn't in there running the wildhog.  His decision making seems pretty solid given the games/opportunities he's had.  He has pretty good speed as well.  He's a bigger threat running that offense than any of our RB's imho.

ricepig

Quote from: aloha_kid on November 23, 2014, 01:54:58 pm
I'm not sure why Duwop isn't in there running the wildhog.  His decision making seems pretty solid given the games/opportunities he's had.  He has pretty good speed as well.  He's a bigger threat running that offense than any of our RB's imho.

I don't think he was even dressed out, that was only based on twitter reports. He needs to get some touches and sweep/screens that Korliss got, that is, if he is anywhere as fast and capable.

crabeyes

We had Devon white a 2016 4 star RB from LA at the game. He is 6ft 235 pounds as a junior. He is Jared Cornelius cousin. Hope we land him and Evander Holyfield son.

Tim Harris

Some of the recruiting guys have said we would sign an additional RB even before this latest Marshall situation. 

NLRHog92

Wouldn't mind seeing DJ Brown out of NLR receiving an offer. Absolute playmaker. I've been rooting for him to get an offer for awhile, diamond in the rough. But I guess the coaches have already made a decision. Hopefully we can reel in another good one this class! Don't think Evans is good enough and Day has to stay injury free. Gonna miss KM.

Wildhog

I think Walker has a big season in 2015.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

yraciv

Quote from: Wildhog on November 23, 2014, 02:35:49 pm
I think Walker has a big season in 2015.

I highly doubt that, unless you mean start at FB.  Guy i buried on the depth chart at TB and doesn't have the speed or agility as any of the other backs. He is the definition of a goalline back.

passinghog

We need a home run hitter at RB.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Showtimehog on November 23, 2014, 03:03:45 pm

Ronald Jones II would be nice, doubtful, but nice.

redeye

Quote from: Showtimehog on November 23, 2014, 03:03:45 pm

Yea, I agree.  I'd take a home run hitter with, or without, Marshall.  Also, we're a running team now and need a stable of very good RB's.  So, I'm all for adding more, but only if they're good enough to be a difference maker.  But we particularly need one with speed, imo.

Country Stylz

We need 2 more in this class with Marshall gone.

The_Iceman

I've seen him multiple times in practices and scrimmages, and he is really not a standout. He was only a 3 star prospect, so I'm not sure where "beast" is coming from.

A good back, but not a speedster or big time playmaker.

The_Iceman

Rawleigh Williams III is pretty good.

PlanoHog

As I previously mentioned when discussing Rawleigh, I feared Korliss would continue to have these issues. Out of all the RBs still on the uncommitted list, Patrick Carr seems to fit the need for speed. I believe we will see the name Ellerbe surprise some folks when he gets to Rice. He is a RB out of Trinity Christian Academy who I have watched for 3 years now. IF he gets a lane, he can fly. Unfortunately, he'd be a luxury for Hogs when he can go to Rice on a scholarship.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

HoggusMaximus

With all due respect to jwill and collins the last time we had a home run running back was dmac. Guys like that just don't come our way to often.

redeye

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on November 23, 2014, 04:53:20 pm
With all due respect to jwill and collins the last time we had a home run running back was dmac. Guys like that just don't come our way to often.

Knile Davis wasn't slow.  I'm not saying Jwill or Collins are slow, either, but they're not as fast as Knile.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on November 23, 2014, 04:53:20 pm

Knile Davis could fly.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hawgfan4life

What is deal with RB from junction city?  Coach has said he is best to ever come through their program.  No offers from anyone hardly.

NLRHog92

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 23, 2014, 06:29:11 pm
What is deal with RB from junction city?  Coach has said he is best to ever come through their program.  No offers from anyone hardly.

Jaqwis Dancy. Not sure, he's Korliss Marshall 2.0. Except maybe even more athletic and faster! Doesn't quite have the vision or build, but he's just as electric! Committed to LA Tech. Last time we let one get away to there, he ended up breaking the freshmen record for TDs in a season... From the same region too. But staff has to have had a solid look at him with J Bell as a commit. I'm a homer, but I like a couple of backs in Arkansas better than a few we're still on. Nothing like a homegrown Hog  :razorback:

bennyl08

Evans is a very good back to have in the rotation, but from what I've seen in HS and spring game, he is not a beast. He's a solid back that won't do anything wrong, but won't wow you either. He's the guy that you don't fear when he comes in in relief of another guy, but you don't get too excited either.

Quote from: yraciv on November 23, 2014, 02:38:16 pm
I highly doubt that, unless you mean start at FB.  Guy i buried on the depth chart at TB and doesn't have the speed or agility as any of the other backs. He is the definition of a goalline back.

Speed? No. Agility? Yes. Walker is pretty darn quick, go back and watch the spring game. He wouldn't be as good as JWill or Collins, but as of right now, if one of them went down, Walker is the guy I would trust most with 15 carries a game.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

The_Iceman

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 24, 2014, 06:37:09 am
Evans is a very good back to have in the rotation, but from what I've seen in HS and spring game, he is not a beast. He's a solid back that won't do anything wrong, but won't wow you either. He's the guy that you don't fear when he comes in in relief of another guy, but you don't get too excited either.

Very fair assessment of Evans.

havok

I have a feeling the Number 1 RB Recruit will be an all hands on deck, to re-recruit J-Will into staying..like they did for Trey Flowers. 

secneahog

Jwill will be back
AC
Evans is a good rb BB really likes Evans. So that's all you need to know. 
Day. 
Rw3
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ShadowTheHedgehog

I wonder how Day will do. We never really saw anything after the injury. I hope he is back to 100% and can contribute.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 24, 2014, 09:22:13 am
I wonder how Day will do. We never really saw anything after the injury. I hope he is back to 100% and can contribute.

I'll be interested to see how Day develops.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 23, 2014, 10:21:27 pm
Jaqwis Dancy. Not sure, he's Korliss Marshall 2.0. Except maybe even more athletic and faster!

Highly doubt he's more athletic and faster than Marshall.

Been10Hog

With our O-line it will not matter! Whoever holds onto the ball and picks up blitzes will be fine. Emmitt Smith was not exactly a burner! 4-5 yds a play is all we need!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on November 23, 2014, 01:52:01 pm
If he was a beast he would see time. Day will probably pass him up.

Total and complete conjecture by you there.

There are so many other possible variables involved you would never know about.

Another dumb post.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Oklahawg

Still curious to see what we can do with Duwop. Hope to goodness is more in the plans and less out the door, like a few suggest.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

There are always great skilled players at small schools. They have a size/speed combo that can't be matched. They are a risk, obviously, because what happens when the defense has similar speed and is built like SEC defenses.

Smaller schools also have rougher academic conditions and players can get behind the eightball before they've played 2 years of varsity ball. They can be eligible but making poor grades, or be behind in the sequence of math and science classes and never have a shot at getting caught up. They can go to non-Power 5 school easier than SEC schools. Or Okie State, who manages to get anyone they want into school.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The Hogfather

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 24, 2014, 11:00:32 am
Still curious to see what we can do with Duwop. Hope to goodness is more in the plans and less out the door, like a few suggest.

I really do think he could be a good RB for us.  He would also be a threat to throw at anytime and we could run the WildHog with him instead of AC/JW.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 24, 2014, 11:00:32 am

I liked his size at WR and at a time when we were lacking playmakers I had hoped he would be given an opportunity.

Unfortunately it feels like your last option seems to be more in play than the other.

Bielema did say he fell out of favor a couple weeks ago but they would be interacting with him this week and see where he is at.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 24, 2014, 01:05:07 pm
I liked his size at WR and at a time when we were lacking playmakers I had hoped he would be given an opportunity.

Unfortunately it feels like your last option seems to be more in play than the other.

Yep, Bielema said he hasn't been in the game plan the last two weeks due to missed academic and team functions. It sounded like he has a chance this week, we'll see.

razorfrog

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2014, 01:23:44 pm
We have Day and Williams III, plus others, I suspect they'll take a great one, but have other priorities.
Day will never play RB here

ricepig

Quote from: razorfrog on November 24, 2014, 01:23:02 pm

And you'll never be a talent evaluator.

Vantage 8 dude

I'm sorry but did I miss something.....you know this for certain how?

East TN HAWG

Maybe not, but CBB said in a presser not long ago (last month or so) that Day was a good back. 

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2014, 01:11:48 pm
Yep, Bielema said he hasn't been in the game plan the last two weeks due to missed academic and team functions. It sounded like he has a chance this week, we'll see.

I don't see him being here next year.

The_Iceman

And you base this on what exactly?.......

TMc

I've heard BB say recently the Juan Day was going to be a very good back.

jjdlc

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 24, 2014, 01:28:35 pm
I'm sorry but did I miss something.....you know this for certain how?

It's razorfrog, he's already declared Will Gragg the worst tight end he's ever seen, so you know he knows his stuff.