Defensive guys become the best head coaches

Started by BPsTheMan, November 23, 2014, 01:10:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

You say Vince Lombardi? I'll say Tom Landry

You say Tom Osborne? I'll say Jimmy Johnson

Go

Seebs

I dunno Rex.  I like coaches that are honest with their feelings, not defensive.

Keith Burns was defensive.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seebs on November 23, 2014, 01:13:28 pm
I dunno Rex.  I like coaches that are honest with their feelings, not defensive.

Keith Burns was defensive.

Mike Gundy got defensive at the lady news reporter

Point Counterpoint

>:(

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

trashcan maN

BPsTheMan

passinghog

No, it's case by case. Quit trying to generalize. For every Nick Sabah and Bret Bielema, there's a Rex Ryan and a Will Muschamp. Relax.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Showtimehog on November 23, 2014, 01:27:21 pm
No, it's case by case. Quit trying to generalize. For every Nick Sabah and Bret Bielema, there's a Rex Ryan and a Will Muschamp. Relax.

why are you getting Defensive?

DallasHogFan

Just to play Devils advocate:

Sumlin
Briles
Petrino
Spurrier
Meyer
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

jesterzzn

Walsh
Parcells
Ditka
Shula

It's a personality type combined with intelligence level, not a side of the ball.

MojoHog

November 23, 2014, 01:41:42 pm #12 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:56:09 pm by MojoHog
Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 23, 2014, 01:10:01 pm
You say Vince Lombardi? I'll say Tom Landry

You say Tom Osborne? I'll say Jimmy Johnson

Go

You lost me with Landry over Lombardi. Only cowboy fans will say that. Landry coached so many more years but both have 2 Super Bowls. Plus Lombardi had three more championships prior to the Super Bowl being created.

Besides a great HC is good in both phases plus special teams.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Dr. Starcs

Weren't there way less teams when Lombardi coached?

Honestly don't know.

jrulz83

How does this thread reconcile the best defense being a good offense?
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

MojoHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 23, 2014, 01:43:33 pm
Weren't there way less teams when Lombardi coached?

Honestly don't know.

Landry started coaching for the Cowboys in 1960 (there until 1988). Lombardi started coaching in 1959(until 1967). So if you want to count the one year yeah. But 1960 was when several teams got added to the NFL.

Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

impact

Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Calling All Hogs

Does this mean we should make Robb Smith our coach in waiting? :)

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

pigbacon

trashcan maN

Quote from: Showtimehog on November 23, 2014, 01:27:21 pm
True or False: If all Quibs are Squibs and all Squibs are Chibs, then all Quibs are Chibs.

You missed these questions on standardized tests, didn't you? OP isn't suggesting that all defensive coaches make good head coaches. He's suggesting that defensive coaches make the best head coaches.

It's not a serious thread, anyway. Why so mad?