Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The System

Started by PIGskin Pride, November 23, 2014, 09:15:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGskin Pride

Unfortunately, there is only one real way coaches to teach a system and for players to learn a system.   That system has to play out on the field against equal or better opponents.  Practice and scrimmage is ok for looking for effort and getting the terminology down. 

We saw a lot of learning in the first half of SEC schedule.  Now we get to see the system in full swing.  Once it is instilled, it can be passed down year after year among the players as tribal knowledge.  The system becomes the new norm.  At that point, you don't need a half a season for "system learning".  System learning becomes a few rough spots (learning moments) for new players in games early in the season.

I am proud to this team (players and coaches).  I haven't felt this level of excitement since I rushed the field and helped carry the goal post down to Dickson Street where we laid it to rest on the brew pub. 

The difference is that the excitement after that Tennessee win eventually waned into the Nutt years.  Today's excitement includes the belief that the fun is just beginning with this "system".