Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What I like most about CBB

Started by blu, November 23, 2014, 08:53:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blu

It is so refreshing to have a HC that understands it isn't all about him. It's about the players, the assistant coaches, the fans. The dude is genuine. The shot of him and Trey is an example of how much Bret is "all in" for this team and this university. Very thankful we somehow got this gem as our coach.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Kevin

great post. i think his coaches are like that also
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

blu

Seems like they are now. The players have got to be even more bought in than we Hog fans are.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

BadHog

Yes that is definitely not something we experienced with our last two HCs. (Forget JLS, doesn't count - Nutt and BP) They went about their megalomaniacal ways in different directions but the result was the same.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: BadHog on November 23, 2014, 10:02:52 am
Yes that is definitely not something we experienced with our last two HCs. (Forget JLS, doesn't count - Nutt and BP) They went about their megalomaniacal ways in different directions but the result was the same.

I may get hammered for this, but as far as feelings toward the university go, Nutt was miles ahead of Robert. Dale was a horrid coach, but he did love the Hogs. Petrino never cared, he was just the coach of whatever school paid him the most.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Wild Boarnado

Quote from: blu on November 23, 2014, 08:53:21 am
It is so refreshing to have a HC that understands it isn't all about him. It's about the players, the assistant coaches, the fans. The dude is genuine. The shot of him and Trey is an example of how much Bret is "all in" for this team and this university. Very thankful we somehow got this gem as our coach.

^Amen!
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

blu

Dale was always about Dale. Kenny was the last one I believe was really the last one (including LH) who I believe really cared beyond his own rep/image.

BadHog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on November 23, 2014, 10:06:09 am
I may get hammered for this, but as far as feelings toward the university go, Nutt was miles ahead of Robert. Dale was a horrid coach, but he did love the Hogs. Petrino never cared, he was just the coach of whatever school paid him the most.

Nutt did "love the helmet" but not as much as he loved himself...best revealed by his actions in 2006 - when his ego was getting stuffed.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

ZERO

Yeah, Nutt was at least a Hog fan through-and-through. He was a bigger Houston Nutt fan, but he wasn't as big a fan of Houston Nutt as Bobby Petrino was of Bobby Petrino.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

blu

Bret is all about his players - how awesome is that?

Pig Worshipper

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Coach Bielema is my favorite Razorback football head coach of all time. There is a  genuineness to him which us very refreshing. I hope he is here a very long time.

Hawgey-Davidson

If you have not met him, you should. He is as real as it gets. The man gets US and it shows thru. Could not have a better man and coach leading this program. Congrats Coach on a great win. Go Hogs!!

hoggusamoungus