Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

MrKnowItAll

November 23, 2014, 07:44:26 am #5 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:26:36 pm by MrKnowItAll

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."

Lanny

WoW, last one is very touching.  No wonder this team never quits, Bielema never quit on his players!
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

SemperFi

You can really tell that Coach B loves his guys and that they love him. These guys would run through a brick wall for him and if you think about it, they have. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Steef

Quote from: SemperFi on November 23, 2014, 07:50:47 am
You can really tell that Coach B loves his guys and that they love him. These guys would run through a brick wall for him and if you think about it, they have. WPS!

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

PIGskin Pride

Quote from: Lanny on November 23, 2014, 07:47:44 am
WoW, last one is very touching.  No wonder this team never quits, Bielema never quit on his players!

All the things wrong in sports, this is a beacon of light.  Couldn't be more proud of our group!

Granny fan

Quote from: PIGskin Pride on November 23, 2014, 08:35:12 am
All the things wrong in sports, this is a beacon of light.  Couldn't be more proud of our group!
Quote from: MrKnowItAll on November 23, 2014, 07:44:26 am

This one brought tears to my eyes!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogfaniam on November 23, 2014, 07:33:00 am
Obviously none of you guys, including CBB, got the gospel from WarPig88 who back on 11/12 talked about Bret getting way too emotional and how that was a major detriment to the team's performance. Great call and I just knew it'd catch up with us sooner or later. Keep making them and we'll hopefully keep proving you so totally wrong!

Oklahawg

Fan-damn-tastic thread. The pictures are a testimony to why we are gonna win big here in the very near future. Man, they love that coach and will do anything for him. Likewise, the coach loves his players.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Danny J

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on November 23, 2014, 07:44:26 am

I would make sure EVERY current recruit has a link to that ^^^^^ video. I am not sure who on here is the recruiting guru, besides RD and the like, but would make sure they get that video.

Ragnar Hogbrok

In the military, soldiers will bleed, get maimed, and die for one another.  They do this because of the brotherhood in our profession of arms.  The brotherhood is fostered by leadership.  A strong commander who influences his command to build the culture of brotherhood can not be beaten on the battle field, all things being equal.

Now, I know it's just football, but Coach B is that type of leader.  The brotherhood he has built among the team is palpable.  They would do anything for one another.  They won't quit on each other.

And, unfortunately, when there is a toxic member of the group, he is dealt with swiftly and fairly.  Removed from the brotherhood so as to not infect it with the disease of apathy and the disregard for the common good of the brotherhood.

With this culture of brotherhood, he has set the foundation for great things to come.  We may not win a NC every year, but we will compete for one.  Our failures will begin to consist of "only" getting to top tier bowls and losing in the playoffs.  Gone are the days when our team looked confused and beaten before the game was over.  We may get trounced from time to time.  All teams have bad games.  But, we are done being the door mat.  That's for dang sure.  Just ask LSU...and Ole Miss.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 23, 2014, 11:25:36 am
Fan-damn-tastic thread. The pictures are a testimony to why we are gonna win big here in the very near future. Man, they love that coach and will do anything for him. Likewise, the coach loves his players.

yep!

wonder how this next recruiting class winds up.. those great kids already committed are going to become the best set of deputized recruiting "assistants" we've ever seen.

some kids are going to flipping to us when the coaching changes start

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Lanny on November 23, 2014, 07:47:44 am

Yep.  I was moved and HIGHLY impressed by that outward expression of mutual respect by both. 

Folks, we now have a REAL player's coach who WILL get us that SEC championship.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ronmahony

Quote from: The Chief on November 23, 2014, 11:30:23 am
In the military, soldiers will bleed, get maimed, and die for one another.  They do this because of the brotherhood in our profession of arms.  The brotherhood is fostered by leadership.  A strong commander who influences his command to build the culture of brotherhood can not be beaten on the battle field, all things being equal.

Now, I know it's just football, but Coach B is that type of leader.  The brotherhood he has built among the team is palpable.  They would do anything for one another.  They won't quit on each other.

And, unfortunately, when there is a toxic member of the group, he is dealt with swiftly and fairly.  Removed from the brotherhood so as to not infect it with the disease of apathy and the disregard for the common good of the brotherhood.

With this culture of brotherhood, he has set the foundation for great things to come.  We may not win a NC every year, but we will compete for one.  Our failures will begin to consist of "only" getting to top tier bowls and losing in the playoffs.  Gone are the days when our team looked confused and beaten before the game was over.  We may get trounced from time to time.  All teams have bad games.  But, we are done being the door mat.  That's for dang sure.  Just ask LSU...and Ole Miss.

+1 that my friend should be stickied.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

hoglady

Well, it's really more than football.
When people ask my daughter where she got her dogged discipline and ability to relate with people from all walks of like. She always says it was the sports she played throughout her life.
The lessons sports can instill and the friendships made can last a lifetime.
Quote from: Wildhog on November 23, 2014, 11:32:57 am
This will be big with parents, especially.

And it should be. That brief snapshot between Flowers and Beliema tells me a lot about Beliema (the person).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Boarcephus

Can't help but see how much those players love the coach and he returns the love.  On a lighter note, when was the last time you saw a 6-4, 270 DE made to look almost frail standing next to his coach?  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Bebop

If I were a college football player I would want to play for Bielema. He's a coach who cares about his players and unlike some other coaches he is not just a "rah rah" guy who can't get any results.

HogPound

So very blessed to have this man as coach. Bret is a phenomenal coach, but you can tell that Bret the human is even more phenomenal.

He would kill for these kids and they would kill for him. Amazing photo of two people that have been through hell and are starting to rise from the ashes.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Calling All Hogs

It is in this environment that you can successfully have CBB's "next man up" mentality that if one guy falls (even if he is the QB), the next guy steps up and takes his place. It is expected and that is just the way it is. There was never an issue yesterday as to whether the team would rally around Austin. He was the next man up so of course they did. A funny thing about expectations is that people tend to live up to them.

westside_player

not to beat a dead horse but could you see Bobbie Petrino in a picture like that

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 23, 2014, 03:30:16 pm
It is in this environment that you can successfully have CBB's "next man up" mentality that if one guy falls (even if he is the QB), the next guy steps up and takes his place. It is expected and that is just the way it is. There was never an issue yesterday as to whether the team would rally around Austin. He was the next man up so of course they did. A funny thing about expectations is that people tend to live up to them.

I was listening to J Will's interview post-game and he said that when AA huddled the O, he immediately took control and eliminated any doubt that he wasn't confident in what he was there to do. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

kuhog

root_hawg

Just keep posting the Ws to keep the wolves at bay