Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jalin Barnett Morsel

Started by trashcan maN, November 23, 2014, 12:05:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

I never have any kind of inside information, but by chance, I stumbled on a mildly interesting bit of inside info about JB tonight.

My wife is working on a movie set here in Guthrie OK(small suburb of OKC), and one of the extras on the set is an older man who is friends with Jalin Barnett's HS coach. He told my wife, who probably mentioned she was a Hogs fan, that Jalin would likely be going to the University of Arkansas. He was told by Jalin's coach that he LOVED the people at Arkansas and especially loved the food. To be specific he said, "Jalin is said to be going to Arkansas."

I know this isn't earth shattering, but it gave me a warm and fuzzy that a man with legitimate 2nd hand info is saying that Jalin is favoring Arkansas.

Huds_HawgTide

Its earth shattering to me...love it
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

forrest city joe

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 23, 2014, 12:05:25 am
I never have any kind of inside information, but by chance, I stumbled on a mildly interesting bit of inside info about JB tonight.

My wife is working on a movie set here in Guthrie OK(small suburb of OKC), and one of the extras on the set is an older man who is friends with Jalin Barnett's HS coach. He told my wife, who probably mentioned she was a Hogs fan, that Jalin would likely be going to the University of Arkansas. He was told by Jalin's coach that he LOVED the people at Arkansas and especially loved the food. To be specific he said, "Jalin is said to be going to Arkansas."

I know this isn't earth shattering, but it gave me a warm and fuzzy that a man with legitimate 2nd hand info is saying that Jalin is favoring Arkansas.
It's hard to get a player out of Lawton that OU wants. i will believe it when i see it. hope you are right, but it's a longshot at best in my opinion.

Tusks

OU has 5 OL committed and didn't show JB the love while fans booed the team on his visit.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hollywood hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2014, 12:25:46 am
It's hard to get a player out of Lawton that OU wants. i will believe it when i see it. hope you are right, but it's a longshot at best in my opinion.

I'm usually a negative nancy but I think we're the front runner.  If he wanted to go to OU he would already be on their commit list imo. 

redeye

Hawgzinbowlz

Granny likes Arkansas and we are close enough for Jalins grandparents to attend games.

This might be the clincher.

" GO HOGS "

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 23, 2014, 01:16:24 am
I'm usually a negative nancy but I think we're the front runner.  If he wanted to go to OU he would already be on their commit list imo. 

I agree the longer this draws out the  better our chances. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2014, 12:25:46 am

Joe, that may have been true with Nutt and his Ass Clown posse but not with Bielema and staff.  I expect Bielema and staff to pull great players from other states on a more frequent basis as we continue to build.   

Choctaw Hog

And on a side note that has absolutely nothing to do with football, Guthrie was the original state capitol of Oklahoma.  That's all.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 23, 2014, 08:42:08 am
Joe, that may have been true with Nutt and his Ass Clown posse but not with Bielema and staff.  I expect Bielema and staff to pull great players from other states on a more frequent basis as we continue to build.   
Hope you are right. i would love to get Barnett and Merrick, to rap up O-Line recruiting this year.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I think Barnett and The Fro both being Hogs. Would like to get Houghton to. He has been tweeting more about us. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 23, 2014, 09:16:33 am
I think Barnett and The Fro both being Hogs. Would like to get Houghton to. He has been tweeting more about us. 
If we get Barnett and Merrick, it would be an unreal O-Line class.those two along with Zach Rogers,Josh Allen and C. Jackson.

blu

UT commit Weathersby - badly needed added OT depth as well. Would also be an awesome pick up.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

hogville38

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 23, 2014, 09:16:33 am
Watch out. Grammar police we be out in full force.  ;D

Hoggerlicious

Barnett better hurry up cause the OL tickets may be getting extremely tight before much longer hopefully. :)

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RedyorNot

Thanks for the tidbit and I concur, if he was going to OU, he would have already comitted.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hoggerlicious on November 23, 2014, 10:37:35 am
Barnett better hurry up cause the OL tickets may be getting extremely tight before much longer hopefully. :)

Not an issue for a kid like Barnett.  We'll wait.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hoggerlicious

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 23, 2014, 03:12:52 pm
Not an issue for a kid like Barnett.  We'll wait.

Hope you are right.  IMO we will only have room for 2 more OL.  Just cannot see Pitt taking a chance on not getting Howell and Merrick while he continues to wait on Barnett to make up his mind and it be possible he misses on two targets and not just one.   Barnett been down to Arkansas/OU quite awhile now.  Think he better go all in one way or other pretty soon.  Hope he is Hog and believe Hogs lead - but think he better as they say poop or get off the pot already if he does indeed want to be a Hog. :)

MH04

Jalin Barnett and Jalen Merrick are worth waiting on 100% of the time

tractorengineer

Has Barnett announced when he will publicly announce (ie signing day or sooner)?

jjdlc

Quote from: tractorengineer on November 23, 2014, 04:21:36 pm
Has Barnett announced when he will publicly announce (ie signing day or sooner)?

He is playing in the Under Armor All-American game I believe, he may be planning to announce then, just a guess.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hoggerlicious on November 23, 2014, 04:01:40 pm
Hope you are right.  IMO we will only have room for 2 more OL.  Just cannot see Pitt taking a chance on not getting Howell and Merrick while he continues to wait on Barnett to make up his mind and it be possible he misses on two targets and not just one.   Barnett been down to Arkansas/OU quite awhile now.  Think he better go all in one way or other pretty soon.  Hope he is Hog and believe Hogs lead - but think he better as they say poop or get off the pot already if he does indeed want to be a Hog. :)

I bet we'd take all 3...numbers notwithstanding.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

East TN HAWG

Guys, whose to say that he has not already commited to CBB privately.  He could commit then go public during the all star game.  When your going out of state sometimes it make sense to commit late.

trashcan maN

Quote from: jjdlc on November 23, 2014, 04:30:12 pm
He is playing in the Under Armor All-American game I believe, he may be planning to announce then, just a guess.
I believe Jalin said he would not commit during the All-American game because "everyone does that".

ChicoHog

So what is the movie your wife is working on?

trashcan maN

Its a Suspense/Thriller called "Monday at 11:01". Has a couple of lesser known actors in it. Lance Henriksen and Lauren Shaw. Not a major production.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 23, 2014, 08:41:04 pm
Its a Suspense/Thriller called "Monday at 11:01". Has a couple of lesser known actors in it. Lance Henriksen and Lauren Shaw. Not a major production.

Lance was awesome in Aliens and Pumpkinhead.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

jjdlc

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 23, 2014, 05:46:15 pm
I believe Jalin said he would not commit during the All-American game because "everyone does that".

Rules that out I suppose.  :P

kp72204

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 23, 2014, 05:45:18 pm
Guys, whose to say that he has not already commited to CBB privately.  He could commit then go public during the all star game.  When your going out of state sometimes it make sense to commit late.

I also remember a certain3 letter wide out who committed behind closed doors as well...........dun, dun, dun cue the music

kp72204

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 23, 2014, 12:05:25 am

I remember being in Job Corp in Guthrie a few years back. Nice little town. Is Job Corp still there?

HognitiveDissonance

My 'female intuition' is telling me we get Barnett, also.
UA is seen as a program on the rise...OU is perceived as being stagnant or declining right now. UA known for featuring O-linemen. We know he liked his visit. It's not too much farther away.

However, the home state ties are hard to overcome. Even if a guy is leaning here, it's another matter to pull the trigger and announce it and deal with some backlash.

I still think we get him, though.

SPAL

This has DGB written all over it

The real Hogules

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 24, 2014, 01:06:28 am
My 'female intuition' is telling me we get Barnett, also.
UA is seen as a program on the rise...OU is perceived as being stagnant or declining right now. UA known for featuring O-linemen. We know he liked his visit. It's not too much farther away.

However, the home state ties are hard to overcome. Even if a guy is leaning here, it's another matter to pull the trigger and announce it and deal with some backlash.

I still think we get him, though.

It's been my experience that when recruiting against the programs that are well thought of by their states fans and are the college football focal point of their entire state that the in state players that intend to stay at home "usually" commit early, while those choosing to leave tend to drag their feet.
I feel that Barnett waiting to announce favors our Hogs, too.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

trashcan maN

OKC

Quote from: kp72204 on November 24, 2014, 12:37:16 am

I remember being in Job Corp in Guthrie a few years back. Nice little town. Is Job Corp still there?
Yes it is still there and going strong.

SPAL

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 24, 2014, 06:50:12 am
Dont you put that evil on us!

Lol....but it does have that feel. I was even one who had a source and i never have sources. I am starting to.sound like Joe. I hope he is a hog, though.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 24, 2014, 01:43:47 am
Fine with me 'cause after we all know how that turned out even for the "winner" of the sweepstakes.

Oklahawg

Hardly fair to compare any recruit to a problem child like DGB. Funny, we were all worried about whether the GF would cut him off if he committed to UA and there were other issues to be worried about.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Redhogs

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 24, 2014, 01:43:47 am
No...there appears to be a big difference in character between the two....if Jalin were a silent commit, it would probably mean something.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Tomhog™

If it's a DGB situation, it's lose-lose. You either lose him on signing day or when he gets kicked off the team. I'd say this is nothing like that at all.

Steef

The young man (Barnett)  is traveling with his grandmother.

DGB took the Mizzoo schollie because his girlfriend told him to.

I'm seeing a difference.

WBC Hog

I have no "inside info" on Barnett but I do notice when RD talks about a recruits a lot and when he doesn't. I haven't seen RD mention anything about Barnett in a while which kinda scares me. I thought for the longest time Barnett was ours to lose. Not so sure anymore.

forrest city joe

Reading the OU board and saw this thread on Barnett.   http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=13405964   I still say he will go to OU. but i will not count coach Pittman and coach B out.     

GolfnHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 25, 2014, 11:19:21 am
Reading the OU board and saw this thread on Barnett.   http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=13405964   I still say he will go to OU. but i will not count coach Pittman and coach B out.     

All I got from that was the typical Choklahoma bluster about their perceived greatness. One or two posters realize that OU missed the bus on the realignment 2 years ago.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

SPAL

Lol.... How can you not see DGB similarities?

Both are the #1 player at their position from a boarder state. DGB was believed to be solid to Arkansas. Many believe the same about JB. Inside sources popped up from everywhere saying DGB to Arkansas, they are popping up the same way over JB. If JB chooses the instate school over Arkansas, it will be the same thing.

Hopefully, the difference will be that JB chooses Arkansas. But nobody knows that right now.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 25, 2014, 12:47:50 pm
Lol.... How can you not see DGB similarities?

Both are the #1 player at their position from a boarder state. DGB was believed to be solid to Arkansas. Many believe the same about JB. Inside sources popped up from everywhere saying DGB to Arkansas, they are popping up the same way over JB. If JB chooses the instate school over Arkansas, it will be the same thing.

Hopefully, the difference will be that JB chooses Arkansas. But nobody knows that right now.

I feel a lot more comfortable with the people we have in place selling our program at this point however.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005