Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou will be playing for East title next week...

Started by Bogghawg, November 22, 2014, 09:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Kinda wish we would catch them a little deflated and less motivated.  Although we should hold our own no matter what.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Bogghawg on November 22, 2014, 09:45:07 pm
Kinda wish we would catch them a little deflated and less motivated.  Although we should hold our own no matter what.

I bet their coach is going, Oh, good we get to play the cellar dweller of the SEC West ... hahaha
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Dr. Starcs

I like the fact that the only power running team mizzou played this year (uga) dominated them.

ap89

SPAL

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 22, 2014, 10:09:53 pm
Only if Brandon plays .. Austin looked bad to me

Bad? No. He looked like the backup QB. He threw the ball 4 times and the 2 he completed were nice. The only difference is the reason they trust BA. He makes better presnap reads and gets the offense in the right spot. But bad? No way.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Ole Miss was playing for the West (or at least a chance) tonight.  Didn't help them.

Missouri is next on the docket.  Hog slop!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

JackTNHogfan

Austin looked like a typical freshman that is all.  He still managed the game well enough.  He probably got very little snaps in practice this week and it was bad weather conditions, both were sure to throw off the timing in the passing game.  Chill out on the he looked bad part.  Half full instead of half empty...  We won 30-0 right???

WooPig90

Hoggish1

I'm glad they won tonight.  What's the point of catching them down.  We want to beat them on their home turf and knock them out of Atlanta.

Doing that will send us to a better bowl and make Arkansas the talk of the SEC for beating three ranked teams in a row.

Actually I'd like to see the third straight shut out.

HamHands

Crush them! They have no run defense. Indiana ran all over them. They will not stop us. Where will we go at 7-5?
One day at a time.

arlhog

Hell, I hope we take their best shot.   We take it and punch them right back in the face and kick their arse.  I want all they have.   If we're good enough, we take it and beat them.  If not, oh well they deserve it.   I really think it's a good match up for us though.  Best we've had in a few weeks.   It will give us an opportunity to show what we can do on the road with our new found confidence.   WPS!

elksnort

Quote from: HamHands on November 22, 2014, 10:29:04 pm
Crush them! They have no run defense. Indiana ran all over them. They will not stop us. Where will we go at 7-5?
"they have no defense?"

scooby21322

I live in Missouri.  My co-workers are feeling pretty worried...as they should! 

Pigsknuckles

Austin had one miscue on an exchange, and held on too late to throw one away. Very fixable issues. Apart from that, he did no harm and performed well in difficult conditions. Had a couple real nice completions. Am confident for his future contributions here.

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

elksnort

Austin could have thrown more had they needed him to.

Missouri is going to be a tough game

arkansasrazorback

November 22, 2014, 10:35:01 pm #17 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:49:57 pm by arkansasrazorback
Quote from: HamHands on November 22, 2014, 10:29:04 pm
nm

redeye

I like it, because it just means it'll be a bigger game.  And I'm not taking Missouri for granted, either.

I also love that the game will be more meaningful then LSU@A&M.

elksnort

Quote from: redeye on November 22, 2014, 10:35:31 pm
I like it, because it just means it'll be a bigger game.  And I'm not taking Missouri for granted, either.

Good call. Forgot about that angle. 

oldbooniehog

Have you taken the time to see the "schedule" that Missouri has played this year?

It's not impressive.

At all.

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/miss-m-footbl-sched.html

Dwight_K_Shrute

To the poster saying Austin looked bad get bent and get real.  He did what was asked of him didn't make any damaging mistakes, managed the game well and did not look like a deer in the headlights.  Compare that to how Brandon look 2 years ago when he had to spell Tyler.   Also compare that to both of OM's QB's who probably have their fans scared $h!tless about the future.

After a great win like tonight anyone that has to bring up a negative opinion and that's what it is an opinion not a fact is just being an ahole.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Eddie Goodson

Mizzou is about to get eaten and left steaming on a stump.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

HatfieldHog

Austin showed his inexperience tonight!  He didn't do much to hurt us, but he only made a few plays that helped.  When he took the sack rather than throwing it away, it showed his youth. 

We won't shut Mizzu out Friday, being at home, they will score some.  We will have to put up 24-30 to win.

I really would like to see BA back.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

redeye

Quote from: elksnort on November 22, 2014, 10:38:05 pm
Good call. Forgot about that angle.

Yea, if Arkansas were to somehow find itself ranked, Ark@Mizz would be between 2 ranked teams, while LSU@TAM would be between unranked teams.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 22, 2014, 10:32:49 pm
Austin had one miscue on an exchange, and held on too late to throw one away. Very fixable issues. Apart from that, he did no harm and performed well in difficult conditions. Had a couple real nice completions. Am confident for his future contributions here.

Bad snap
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Tigermike_

You guys have an excellent team and have really improved. Congrats on the 2 big wins the last couple of weeks.  I think Mizzou has also improved as the season has gone along. It should be a good and competitive game. We will have to bring our A game for sure.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Tigermike_ on November 22, 2014, 11:30:59 pm
You guys have an excellent team and have really improved. Congrats on the 2 big wins the last couple of weeks.  I think Mizzou has also improved as the season has gone along. It should be a good and competitive game. We will have to bring our A game for sure.

What in the hell happened against Indiana?

redeye

Quote from: Tigermike_ on November 22, 2014, 11:30:59 pm

Thanks and I hope you'll forgive me for hoping you "lose" your A game.  I know some of us talk too much smack around here, but I know Missouri will be very tough on the road.

jchill

We need to beat Mizzou. I would hate to hear them mock the SEC (especially us
) by saying they made it to two SEC title games in their first three years in the SEC.

Tigermike_

We just really sucked it up against Indiana. Paul Finebaum said it was an embarrassment to the SEC and he was right. It was an embarrassment to Mizzou. I think we overlooked them and weren't really ready to play. One of the worst showings of opposing fans showing up. I mean there was hardly anyone there for the Hoosiers. We were really poor against the run that game, which probably bodes well for you guys, although I think we have gotten better as the season has gone along. Our offense was just horrible a few weeks ago, but the play book has been simplified and there has been improvement. Our defense is playing reall well right now. This is the best Mizzou defense I can remember and I've been watching since the mid '70's.

KennyForAD

Mizzou?   lol.   We are gonna give them the same treatment TT got.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Tigermike_ on November 22, 2014, 11:47:06 pm
We just really sucked it up against Indiana. Paul Finebaum said it was an embarrassment to the SEC and he was right. It was an embarrassment to Mizzou. I think we overlooked them and weren't really ready to play. One of the worst showings of opposing fans showing up. I mean there was hardly anyone there for the Hoosiers. We were really poor against the run that game, which probably bodes well for you guys, although I think we have gotten better as the season has gone along. Our offense was just horrible a few weeks ago, but the play book has been simplified and there has been improvement. Our defense is playing reall well right now. This is the best Mizzou defense I can remember and I've been watching since the mid '70's.
NM

SPAL

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 22, 2014, 10:26:50 pm
I'm glad they won tonight.  What's the point of catching them down.  We want to beat them on their home turf and knock them out of Atlanta.

Doing that will send us to a better bowl and make Arkansas the talk of the SEC for beating three ranked teams in a row.

Actually I'd like to see the third straight shut out.

I will never understand this logic. I wish every single team we play is down, beaten, or looking ahead. I don't give a crap about getting a team's best shot. I simply want Arkansas to win every game they play.

moses_007

Arkansas will control who the SEC East champion is.  Georgia is through with its SEC schedule, and you gotta bet Georgia will be rooting for us to beat Mizzou.  If Arkansas wins, Georgia goes to the SEC championship game to represent the east.  If Mizzou beats us, then Mizzou goes.

iHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2014, 12:37:40 am
Arkansas will control who the SEC East champion is.  Georgia is through with its SEC schedule, and you gotta bet Georgia will be rooting for us to beat Mizzou.  If Arkansas wins, Georgia goes to the SEC championship game to represent the east.  If Mizzou beats us, then Mizzou goes.

Literally everyone on this board knows that. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Arkfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2014, 12:01:53 am
I will never understand this logic. I wish every single team we play is down, beaten, or looking ahead. I don't give a crap about getting a team's best shot. I simply want Arkansas to win every game they play.

I totally agree. I dont care if its a teams best shot or if the whole first team offense and defense are suspended, I just want to leave with the W.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 22, 2014, 10:40:21 pm
Have you taken the time to see the "schedule" that Missouri has played this year?

It's not impressive.

At all.

Boy, you are absolutely right! How did they get so many cream puffs while we've run the gauntlet? Oh, well, our tough schedule is playing to our advantage. If we can avoid turnovers I say we have a great chance to knock those guys off.

BluegrassRazorback

Quote from: redeye on November 22, 2014, 10:35:31 pm

I have to admit - I wanted Muzzo beaten down and disheartened going into this game

Early on this season I saw them as a dangerous team for Arkansas to play and not helping Arkansas much as an opponent compared to LSU

Well Well - Low and behold - Ark vs Muzzo is a better game than LSU vs Tex A&M

It will be interesting to see how the CBS numbers showe in the TV Market rating

But this will be a good game despite all the angry vitriol I have had for the SEC change

If the CBS numbers show this to be equal to LSU vs TAMU I'll happly eat my crow

As for a dangerous Muzzo team - Arkansas has turned the corner - Muzzou should be concerned

Me - I'm still concerned - but I'm liking Arkansas chances -

Now you folks get ready to wear long underwear at the game - its not Louissannia

Hogfaniam

It's not impressive.

At all.

We would be 10-1 against that schedule.  I know aTm is on there, but if we had played them last week, instead of earlier, no problem.

North hog

We should beat Mizzou, but they are no cupcake and we should not underestimate..  At home their offense will click, but I am really liking where Robb Smith has our defense right now.

gmarv

ain,t it funny how things have changed in just two weeks.i think we have a chance to do to them what ga did.3 or 4 turnovers and we will have our third shut out in 3 weeks.i,m saying 35-0 right now.

Simple Swineman

It's not impressive.

At all.

And lets not forget that that one marquee win on the schedule that looks so dominant - 42-13 at Florida. Missouri had ONE offensive touchdown in that game (on a 19 yard drive, mind you) and 119 yards of TOTAL offense for the game. The game was a complete meltdown on Florida's part allowing 4 defensive and special teams touchdowns.

Missouri makes me sick. They've waltzed into the conference and got stuck in the East during its weakest stretch since the SEC merger and have avoided playing any of the West power teams during the regular season. As a result they win 9 or 10 games with ease thinking they are among the league's elite. I hope we beat the hell out of them.

Ex-Trumpet

All Mizzou has to do is beat the last place team in the west.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?