Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Finebaum

Started by Hawgfan5, November 22, 2014, 09:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgfan5

A tweet from Paul Finebaum...

"A big "Woo Pig Sooie" to @BretBielema and the Arkansas program. One of the most impressive two-week stretches ever."

Do we like him now or is he still a [CENSORED]? Just wondering.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

dhizzle

he's still a pecker-neck.

LSPRazorbac

regi

Paul is okay, good at what he does. He and several others may be jumping the gun on Tennessee though.

Hawgfan5

I understand not liking him in general but I'm wondering if most hog fans don't like him bc we haven't deserved his hype in the last couple of years. IMO if we play toa high level we will get nothing but praise from him and his ilk. Otherwise... We won't and our fans will hate him.

rtr

Actually, Finebaum is one of the most intelligent people in the media by a good long way.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

LR Hog

Paul is great at his job.  He also is a great promoter of the SEC
Like a boss.

FATHAWG08

If we keep winning & he keeps sending props our way, Maybe, but right now this bus ain't stopping to let him get on board!
I love off season Football!!

dhizzle

listened to him a long time. he is  bamer lover and cant stand it.

Albert Einswine

He's a  lover and promoter of winners, it isn't favoritism. He promotes what reflects well on the SEC. If you're good he promotes you. We play solid football and he'll rep us, bet on it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PORKULATOR

I like Paul, but if your playing shotty, he'll hurt your feelings. He loves the SEC, me too. He is thinks the SEC dominates CFB, me too.
I ask guys all the time if they watch SEC football. Almost none of them think that's a ghey, pickup line.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

regi

Quote from: dhizzle on November 22, 2014, 09:30:48 pm
listened to him a long time. he is  bamer lover and cant stand it.

You and I may not like it, but what is not to love about the best program in America the past 7 seasons?

Wild Boarnado

On Friday he said Bama had a lot to do with our win over LSU
Now, I'm wondering if he thinks Presbyterian had alot to do with our win over OM
LOL

I was glad to hear his tweet congratulating our Hogs

He annoys me at time, but I still listen to his show.

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

dhizzle

Quote from: regi on November 22, 2014, 09:33:32 pm
You and I may not like it, but what is not to love about the best program in America the past 7 seasons?

agreed, but he cant play me,but he can play lotto. He became popular because of the bamer love vs the eagles getting people stirred up.

ldfergu

Quote from: rtr on November 22, 2014, 09:28:14 pm
Actually, Finebaum is one of the most intelligent people in the media by a good long way.

Hahajahahahagaha ha!

You're funny

Albert Einswine

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 22, 2014, 09:41:03 pm
Hahajahahahagaha ha!

You're funny

No, he's serious and correct. Finebaum is sharp.

cosmodrum

He's been quite complimentary of Bret and the Hogs this year.

Go away, batin'

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 22, 2014, 09:41:48 pm

No, he's serious and correct. Finebaum is sharp.

I can't disagree.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jrulz83

Finebaum is just another talking head, it doesn't matter what he thinks, says, or does. I do think he's good at what he does though. Validation comes on the field and nowhere else.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Corkscrew Johnson

Finebaum's opinion is worthless.   Where was he for the past 12 months when you had to be a blind fool not to see this progress developing?   He was too busy being condescending towards our state, our fanbase, and our university, which is horrifically ironic given where he grew up, where he went to college, and where he cut his teeth professionally.  Now he states the obvious, after it's already happened, and it's supposed to mean something?

claytongray

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 22, 2014, 09:33:03 pm
He's a  lover and promoter of winners, it isn't favoritism. He promotes what reflects well on the SEC. If you're good he promotes you. We play solid football and he'll rep us, bet on it.
Exactly correct.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 22, 2014, 09:21:28 pm
I like Finebaum.

Me too.  He's got a great show even though it should be called the PF Alabama Show...

ldfergu

I just don't understand the love.. He says one good thing about the hogs and he's the best on tv.  You guys must have not listened during the offseason. He's an idiot and his show is boring

Hoggish1

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on November 22, 2014, 09:30:27 pm
If we keep winning & he keeps sending props our way, Maybe, but right now this bus ain't stopping to let him get on board!

The bus will stop for PF, believe it.

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 22, 2014, 09:50:11 pm
Finebaum's opinion is worthless.   Where was he for the past 12 months when you had to be a blind fool not to see this progress developing?   He was too busy being condescending towards our state, our fanbase, and our university, which is horrifically ironic given where he grew up, where he went to college, and where he cut his teeth professionally.  Now he states the obvious, after it's already happened, and it's supposed to mean something?
[/quoteAgreed. And you could hang a rack of clothes on his ears. Im glad Tenner can claim him as an alum and Phyliss from Mulga a neighbor 

Hawgfan5

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 22, 2014, 09:42:22 pm
He's been quite complimentary of Bret and the Hogs this year.

That's the feeling I'm getting and I'm thinking that in the next year or so he will be praised as a hog supporter but it'll only be bc we are actually a good team. People like him only speak the popular opinion that will get him the biggest following. Here's hoping we hear lots of hog worship soon.

Hawgzinbowlz

He's better than I used to think.

" GO HOGS "

The Boar War

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 22, 2014, 09:33:03 pm

When we had 10-11 win seasons he didn't have a lot of good things to say about us.  If I remember correctly he said we didn't belong in the league.

arlhog

Finebaum is a bama guy.   little biased their way, but pretty honest.  he calls it like he sees it I think.  he's not always right but he's not a bad guy.  Hard to like a bama guy because they've had more success than us and it's hard to accept.  hell i don't like anyone having more success than me  and i don't have to like it.   but he's not that bad.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on November 22, 2014, 09:16:20 pm

"A big "Woo Pig Sooie" to @BretBielema and the Arkansas program. One of the most impressive two-week stretches ever."

I haven't listened to Finebaum's radio show in years but it appears he has evolved on the SEC Network to be much less of a prick.  Nobody ever accused him of being stupid.   

Break & Run

We don't have Petrino anymore so no one really hates us.

Let's be honest, we haven't had many sports analyst call out Arkansas this year. It has been quite the opposite, they have been saying the hogs are so close to breaking through and when it does, we would come out with a bang. A combined 47-0 against LSU and OM? I doubt it. Haha
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HogPound

Don't mind him. We have to remember most talking heads are loud mouth pricks...trey shappe, mike Irwin, Bo mattingly, etc.

Just another big mouth pundit getting paid to be a jerk.

TDHawgs

Paul Finebaum just calls it as he sees it, if we are successful, he will brag on us, if we are terrible, he will say that as well. He doesn't sugar coat it on any team.  Believe you me, he has bashed Bama as much as anyone, not right now though, because they are still in that dynasty mode.

oldbooniehog

AugustaHog

PF is a rabble rouser and nothing more.  I think we get more of his actual opinion now that he's on the SECN, but a good bit of the time he's just out to stir emotions, good or bad.  The man is truly intelligent to have built himself from the drama between Bama and Aub fans.

Sivad

He loves Alabama.
He loves the SEC.
He likes Arkansas.
He likes Coach Bielema.
I like him.

Hog_One_Stop

Hogwop

Quote from: HogPound on November 22, 2014, 11:00:42 pm
Don't mind him. We have to remember most talking heads are loud mouth pricks...trey shappe, mike Irwin, Bo mattingly, etc.

Loud mouth prick, mike irwin....really?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Nosboar Accubond

Still an arrogant d-bag. But I appreciate his compliment to our Hogs

secfan30

Quote from: Break & Run on November 22, 2014, 11:00:25 pm
We don't have Petrino anymore so no one really hates us.

Let's be honest, we haven't had many sports analyst call out Arkansas this year. It has been quite the opposite, they have been saying the hogs are so close to breaking through and when it does, we would come out with a bang. A combined 47-0 against LSU and OM? I doubt it. Haha

You nailed it right here. Who our coach was had a lot to do with the hate then.

JaketheSnake

He didn't like BP, so he wouldn't pimp the hogs.  Who could blame him?  We now have a respectable coach and he has given the Hogs a lot of love this season.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: HogPound on November 22, 2014, 11:00:42 pm

Irwin, really??

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 23, 2014, 08:38:13 am
He didn't like BP, so he wouldn't pimp the hogs.  Who could blame him?  We now have a respectable coach and he has given the Hogs a lot of love this season.
this makes sense and honestly, who really did like BP as a person?  The man is a brilliant football coach.  Arkansas was living proof of that but he was/is an absolute jerk especially with media type folks. The year that Arkansas came to the Liberty Bowl under BP in 2010 against ECarolina, I heard stories from local sports talk folks who had first hand knowledge of BP being a prick to media people here in Memphis, so I can certainly understand why Finebaum (or anyone) wouldnt care too much for BP as a person.

1highhog

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on November 22, 2014, 09:16:20 pm

He's still an arsehole.

HogFoo

When he finebaum was merely a talking head out of bama. Constantly blowing sunshine up their arse.  I didn't like him that much.  After he joined the SEC network and they told him to turn it down a notch with his bama BS.  He actually is pretty good.   So to sum it up.  finebaum now ok. Finebaum earlier.  Not ok.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

razorhead5

Hooch

Ex-Trumpet

Was embarrassed to find out Finebaum is a Sigma Chi...I guess the chapter there at Tennessee was down back in the '70's!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

secneahog

Finebaum and booger both predicted we wouldn't win a sec game this year.
Eat that crow.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!