Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohio State . . .

Started by TeufelHog, November 22, 2014, 08:24:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

You guys do realize that our win against Ole Miss today is basically gonna put tOSU into the playoff and negate a second SEC team from getting in. 

What pisses me off is Arkansas could beat tOSU.  Not a doubt in my mind.  tOSU has had a weak schedule this year and are sitting right on the cusp of playoff entry.  Absolutely disgusting.  Hopefully Wisconsin can beat their arse in the conference title game.

Bebop

You could tell starting about two or so weeks ago that the talking heads were trying to propel Ohio State in the 4 team play-off. Ohio State has been exposed many times. If they get in, they will be exposed again.

dhornjr1

If they're #4 and Alabama is #1, Alabama will skull-frick them in New Orleans.

Atlhogfan1

I believe Oh St to better than FSU, TCU and Baylor. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Doug

Ohio State will NOT get in for one reason.

Ohio State
Date   Opponent   Final
2014-09-06   Virginia Tech   L, 21 - 35
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

ShadowTheHedgehog

Honestly, to heck with the other SEC teams, let's beat all the teams we can and if they dont make it to the final 4 who cares? Let's keep improving and get to the final 4 ourselves in a year or two.

SEC, SEC, SEC,  - Arkansas, Arkansas, Arkansas.

PS: I get the part about tOSU, most overrated school in the country. Hope Michigan beats them.

regi

Quote from: Doug on November 22, 2014, 08:26:27 pm

Ohio State
Date   Opponent   Final

I agree if State and Bama win out, they are both in. Also, tOSU run defense is awful, Melvin Gordon looms

TeufelHog

I'd like to agree with you Doug, but that loss might have been "early enough" in the season to be "discounted."  I REALLY dislike tOSU!

Would love to see Michigan beat them!

pigbacon

Quote from: regi on November 22, 2014, 08:28:53 pm
I agree if State and Bama win out, they are both in. Also, tOSU run defense is awful, Melvin Gordon looms

Wrong. If they win out just watch.

Danny J

Quote from: Doug on November 22, 2014, 08:26:27 pm

Ohio State
Date   Opponent   Final
I agree assuming both MSU and tOSU go undefeated. No way will the committee put tOSU you. People need to stop listening to the Big Ten homers on ESPN game day and other shows who say the same thing.

You absolutely can not compare the two losses. When Bama goes undefeated, which they will after they beat UGA in the SECt game, that means they are the undisputed #1 team in the country. Where will Va Tech finish? They may not even be bowl eligible in a terrible ACC. The ACC is terrible according to the playoff committee otherwise FSU would be #1 right now instead of #3 behind two one loss teams. So knowing how bad the ACC is, according to the committee, no freaking way can they justify giving the 4 slot to tOSU over MSU when comparing losses. The loss tOSU suffered? At home to one of the worst teams in the ACC who likely won't even make a bowl. The loss MSU suffered? On the road to the committee's undisputed overall #1 team.

Not a chance they slot tOSU ahead of MSU. Not a chance. Zero.

Danny J

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 22, 2014, 08:29:36 pm
I'd like to agree with you Doug, but that loss might have been "early enough" in the season to be "discounted."  I REALLY dislike tOSU!

Would love to see Michigan beat them!
The committee, namely Long, has stated that they are not counting when wins and losses occur.

tOSU loses at home to a 5-6 ACC team who will not even make a bowl game

MSU loses on the road to undisputed #1 Bama team

No chance a Big Ten makes the playoff. None.

BigoBoys

I don't give a xxxx about OSU.

uams1989

Quote from: Danny J on November 22, 2014, 08:37:31 pm
I agree assuming both MSU and tOSU go undefeated. No way will the committee put tOSU you. People need to stop listening to the Big Ten homers on ESPN game day and other shows who say the same thing.

You absolutely can not compare the two losses. When Bama goes undefeated, which they will after they beat UGA in the SECt game, that means they are the undisputed #1 team in the country. Where will Va Tech finish? They may not even be bowl eligible in a terrible ACC. The ACC is terrible according to the playoff committee otherwise FSU would be #1 right now instead of #3 behind two one loss teams. So knowing how bad the ACC is, according to the committee, no freaking way can they justify giving the 4 slot to tOSU over MSU when comparing losses. The loss tOSU suffered? At home to one of the worst teams in the ACC who likely won't even make a bowl. The loss MSU suffered? On the road to the committee's undisputed overall #1 team.

Not a chance they slot tOSU ahead of MSU. Not a chance. Zero.

Only flaw I see in your logic is that tOSU would have won a Conf championship game wile MSU sat idle. The would put tOSU in, I'm afraid.
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

Danny J

Quote from: uams1989 on November 22, 2014, 08:45:18 pm
Only flaw I see in your logic is that tOSU would have won a Conf championship game wile MSU sat idle. The would put tOSU in, I'm afraid.
I just don't see it. The committee stated earlier this year they would not put any special emphasis on winners of conference title games against teams/conferences that don't have a title game. That loss at home to Va Tech will keep them out assuming that all the teams ahead of them win out.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: uams1989 on November 22, 2014, 08:45:18 pm

My thoughts as well.  Will be much pressure to get tOSU in the playoff.  Need Baylor, TCU, OR and FSU to all win out.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

tophawg19

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 22, 2014, 08:28:27 pm
Honestly, to heck with the other SEC teams, let's beat all the teams we can and if they dont make it to the final 4 who cares? Let's keep improving and get to the final 4 ourselves in a year or two.

SEC, SEC, SEC,  - Arkansas, Arkansas, Arkansas.

PS: I get the part about tOSU, most overrated school in the country. Hope Michigan beats them.
better bowls means more money for us to share
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Danny J

You guys are using the old BCS requirements and special emphasis rules. This is not being done that way. No way will they put tOSU ahead of all those teams. Their schedule strength along with their loss are pure garbage. They can't justify putting FSU at #3 because of their weak conference(ACC) schedule and then at the same time jump tOSU up to #4 when their loss was at home to one of the worst(bottom two) ACC teams.

dmaxfan

Hell, if we played Bob's Community College every week like OSU, we'd be undefeated. Strength of schedule really needs to matter more.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

rusvegashog

If OSU wins their conference championship than they are in, especially if MSU struggles at all in the Egg Bowl. I fully expect Ole Miss to play a much better game than they did tonight. IMO

Danny J

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 22, 2014, 08:52:02 pm
Hell, if we played Bob's Community College every week like OSU, we'd be undefeated. Strength of schedule really needs to matter more.
It does matter....a lot and it is reflected in the rankings. Otherwise FSU would be #1. People need to stop listening to the game day Big Ten lackeys. The Big Ten and ACC are tied as the worst conference in football. They are WAYYYYYY behind the SEC, Pac 12 and Big 11. Hell....the Pac 12 is over-rated and they are a MUCH better conference than the Big 12.

They may jump TCU but they are not going to jump MSU no matter what happens in the title game.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 22, 2014, 08:50:13 pm
better bowls means more money for us to share

I am sure we will be OK.

Huds_HawgTide

The only problem with your statement is ole miss was #8 not #4...missST is #4 and poised to keep their spot...i wish we had knocked msst off but u have to realize before posting there are 2 MS Schools
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rusvegashog on November 22, 2014, 08:55:06 pm
If OSU wins their conference championship than they are in. IMO

Provided a few others ahead of them lose.  If Bama, TCU/Baylor, OR and FSU win out, then no.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Hog N Bama

Why waste Hogville server disk space talking about O St? Irrelevant...don't play anybody  :-\

Lord of the Styes

OSU will make it in after Florida beats FSU next weekend. Fl St has been getting by on other teams collapses. Gators send Muschamp out on a high note. Book it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on November 22, 2014, 10:11:19 pm
OSU will make it in after Florida beats FSU next weekend. Fl St has been getting by on other teams collapses. Gators send Muschamp out on a high note. Book it.

Correct.

WooPig90

Who cares, they will just get murdered in whoever they play in the playoff game.

staffhog

Bear, you forgot to factor in Kannel and Roberts Smith.  The upnorth media boys will not rest until tosu loses or wins (er is given)  a spot.

Danny J

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on November 22, 2014, 10:11:19 pm
Not so sure....the game is in Tallahassee. The one thing I have learned since they played Auburn last year is never count them out. They just have that knack no matter how bad they are playing to put together a couple late game drives to win.

PORKULATOR

Gordon will have 200 yards on the ground against tOSU.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

redeye

Unless it's the reason Arkansas won't get it, I really don't care.  We should take pride in ruining other SEC team's seasons and I do.

Danny J

Quote from: redeye on November 22, 2014, 11:12:11 pm
Unless it's the reason Arkansas won't get it, I really don't care.  We should take pride in ruining other SEC team's seasons and I do.
True but I just hate tOSU with a passion.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Bebop on November 22, 2014, 08:25:23 pm
You could tell starting about two or so weeks ago that the talking heads were trying to propel Ohio State in the 4 team play-off. Ohio State has been exposed many times. If they get in, they will be exposed again.

I would love for them to get in and get that butt beat by Bama

rusvegashog

November 23, 2014, 12:05:51 am #33 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:25:09 am by rusvegashog
Everyone's got opinions and mine are that Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer are the two best coaches out there. If tOSU slides in I wouldn't count them out to win it all. If they don't get it done this year they will sooner than later. I have no dog in the fight, but MSU or TCU would be great even Baylor. Screw the traditional powers.

pigbacon

So... did they do enough to get in? We shall see. I say there is a 33% chance. I would not be surprised.

TeufelHog

I think the committee is gonna' bump TCU out and put tOSU in because the Big XII didn't play a conference championship/didn't crown an undisputed conference champion. 

LRRandy

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 22, 2014, 10:48:49 pm
Gordon will have 200 yards on the ground against tOSU.
or he could finish with 76 yards at 2.9 yards per carry. But, nice prediction.
This is fun, isn't it.

Bryant Disciple

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 06, 2014, 11:56:23 pm
I think the committee is gonna' bump TCU out and put tOSU in because the Big XII didn't play a conference championship/didn't crown an undisputed conference champion. 

I agree. The lack of a Big 12 Championship game, plus the inconvenient fact that Baylor beat TCU, may leave both Big 12 teams out of it.

By including Ohio State, the Playoff Committee can send a message about the importance of championship games, while also dodging the head-to-head results issue.

ronmahony

I wish we had OSU's problem, do you start the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string QB. Our first string QB could have a broke leg and they would have him out there on crutches!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

TeufelHog

Congrats tOSU . . . signed the Arkansas Razorbacks . . . the team that beat Ole Miss which allowed you to jump up in the poll.

Our Hogs could actually beat tOSU.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

rhames

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 07, 2014, 11:50:39 am
Congrats tOSU . . . signed the Arkansas Razorbacks . . . the team that beat Ole Miss which allowed you to jump up in the poll.

It was always going to be conference champs

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

(notOM)Rebel123

Putting a beat down on Wisky didn't hurt.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

JONAS

The reason the SEC is not going to get 2 teams is because Mississippi State lost to Ole Miss.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 22, 2014, 08:24:03 pm
You guys do realize that our win against Ole Miss today is basically gonna put tOSU into the playoff and negate a second SEC team from getting in. 

What pisses me off is Arkansas could beat tOSU.  Not a doubt in my mind.  tOSU has had a weak schedule this year and are sitting right on the cusp of playoff entry.  Absolutely disgusting.  Hopefully Wisconsin can beat their arse in the conference title game.
ok, sure

PP

Danny J

Quote from: JONAS on December 07, 2014, 12:17:04 pm
The reason the SEC is not going to get 2 teams is because Mississippi State lost to Ole Miss.
Yep...had MSU won that game then they would be #4.

Hogarusa

What are u talking about?  Ole Miss were eliminated when they lost Auburn.  hogs/ole miss game had no impact on playoffs.

Hogs would have no shot vs Ohio State.  None
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Danny J

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 07, 2014, 12:19:08 pm
What are u talking about?  Ole Miss were eliminated when they lost Auburn.  hogs/ole miss game had no impact on playoffs.

Hogs would have no shot vs Ohio State.  None
When the thread was made he was assuming MSU was going to beat Ole Miss.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Danny J on December 07, 2014, 12:17:43 pm
Yep...had MSU won that game then they would be #4.

They would have been 5. 

Hogarusa

Quote from: Danny J on December 07, 2014, 12:20:19 pm
When the thread was made he was assuming MSU was going to beat Ole Miss.

Ok but that was posted 30 minutes ago.  Could be joking i guess, i dont pick up on sarcastic posts easily