Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I said all week

Started by Albert Einswine, November 22, 2014, 07:34:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

I felt good about our chances against Ole Myth and wasn't so sure about our chances in Columbia against Mizzou. Not at all surprised with the victory this evening, still not feeling overly confident about our trip north. I'll be able formulate a more solid feel after the MIzzou/Tenner game is over.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

Good win by the Hogs and Tinner playing the Zoo tough.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Albert Einswine

Watching the Mizzou/Tenner game, these are a couple of preliminary impressions: Mizzou's D line looks legit, and nasty. Mizzou's offense looks very containable. If we can find a way to generate some offensive points, play some nasty D and get some takeaways we should be able to handle them in their house. I mean, Indiana did, right?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 22, 2014, 07:34:30 pm
I felt good about our chances against Ole Myth and wasn't so sure about our chances in Columbia against Mizzou. Not at all surprised with the victory this evening, still not feeling overly confident about our trip north. I'll be able formulate a more solid feel after the MIzzou/Tenner game is over.

...not sure if we will win AE, but one thing is crystal clear, we are gonna knock their azzz off...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

1highhog

I think by watching Mizzous Offense we should be able to control them enough.  I think if BA can't start or play, AA will be able to step in with a full week of knowing he's going to start that he'll run our Offense fine.  What do y'all guys think of Austin starting?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: 1highhog on November 22, 2014, 09:22:49 pm
  What do y'all guys think of Austin starting?

I don't fear it, he probably isn't to the level he can put the team on his back, but he doesn't seem the type to royally screw the pooch, either.

reddogjcss

I think Austin will do just fine if he plays. If we can shake up Maut like we did Bo we will win.

Albert Einswine

If we take the ramped up defensive intensity we've exhibited the past 2 weeks up to Columbia we have an excellent chance of beating Mizzou on their field. We just have to generate some points. Their defense is also stout, their D line looks to be nastier than Ole Myth's and they were a tough nut.

Pig Worshipper

No way is Missouri's d-line "nastier" than the Ole Miss d-line. I really like our chances in Columbia on Friday.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on November 23, 2014, 07:05:35 am
No way is Missouri's d-line "nastier" than the Ole Miss d-line. I really like our chances in Columbia on Friday.

They can't be much better. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on November 23, 2014, 07:05:35 am

I think they may be, but it's just a subjective opinion.

TMc

I agree AE.., thing is I keep thinking Mizzou is really not that good - but they keep winning, and winning on the road.  I keep going back and forth on this.., but are they a product of who they are playing? Or are they that good?  Probably a little of both.

The thing I think about.., is who Mizzou has played that resembles us the most is Georgia and Florida.  Florida will still in the Driskell days at QB.., and Mizzou's offense produced 119 yards that night.  They scored on defense and special teams. I think it's a dogfight - with the Hogs winning by 3-7 points.

Lanny

Glad Missouri won last night, I wanted Arkansas to be the team to knock the Missouri Tigers out of the SEC championship game.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Mike_e

Quote from: Lanny on November 23, 2014, 07:35:36 am
Glad Missouri won last night, I wanted Arkansas to be the team to knock the Missouri Tigers out of the SEC championship game.

Oh yeah.

That's one way to start a rivalry.

I haven't seem much of mo this year.  I started watching last night when it was 16-13.  Mo does appear to have a pretty good D but I have to wonder if tenner is that good.  They seem to be but they do a lot of little things badly which makes me wonder if they're self destructive.

I wasn't impressed with mo's offense either.  Again it looked more like tenner messing up than it did mo's getting anything right.

So, all in all I think that the guys have a good chance next week.

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

The Hogfather

This game will be tougher than the last 2.

MuskogeeHogFan

Long range weather report for Friday in Columbia calls for Sunny and a high of 38 degrees.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?map.x=301&map.y=169&site=eax&zmx=1&zmy=1#.VHHl6ZsutbE
Go Hogs Go!

blu

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2014, 07:45:15 am
This game will be tougher than the last 2.

I agree with this. Their D has been tough all year, and Mauk is over his mid-season funk. They got two of their receivers back. Their two DEs are the best tandem in the league on rushing the QB, and their return guy (Murphy) is a legit threat on every return. I expect a defensive battle, low scoring affair IF BA is back and healthy. With AA, I don't expect us to win.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Albert Einswine

Quote from: TMc on November 23, 2014, 07:31:40 am
I think it's a dogfight - with the Hogs winning by 3-7 points.

I agree, I also see a hard fought game and it should be a tight score win or lose.

HogFanatic

I suspect this one will be a damn good game.
Remember at the beginning of the year most of us were saying that if there was an SEC win on the schedule, Missouri was probably it. Funny how things change. We blow out our two opponents going into that game, and on paper it looks like Missouri is just as tough as the Hogs. Maybe it's a product of playing an Eastern schedule and Missouri isn't on par...I mean, they did lose at home to freakin' Indiana. Either way I expect a dogfight this Friday. It won't be as easy for the Hogs this week simply because they won't be at home, but if they can continue to ride this wave of momentum, they can get it done up North.

Either way you know for sure Missouri has taken notice of what the Hogs have done these last two weeks and they will be playing for the SEC title hopes. We are gonna get their best shot.

1highhog

I won't be able to go to the game Friday, sucks bad.  I hope that as many Hog fans as possible can get tickets to the game there and make some noise, our guys will need over ounce of energy and enthusiasm we can give them.