Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith and Clay Jennings

Started by lilRockNDubb, November 22, 2014, 07:19:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lilRockNDubb

You have to give credit where credit is due. These have been 2 tremendous hires for this program. This defense has left me speechless this year. No more 20 yard cushions on the receivers. We're tackling, flying to the ball. My hat goes off to these two. Robb Smith has earned 6 zeroes on his pay check (my opinion of course). If not, then 5 and an 8 or 9 in front of them

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

elviscat

Great job defensive coaches, it's the best job that has been done in many years.

HogPsych

Unbelievable job by all 3. They should write a book. As drastic of a change as I have ever seen. We have been SO bad on D for so long.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 22, 2014, 07:22:13 pm
you forgot Seagrest

He's done a great job as well and can't EVER leave out Shannon. Our DLine has been good. It's been the secondary and overall soft Defense that has been lacking. These 2 come in and 1 offseason have changed the face of our D. They've improved every game. The spread and HUNH offense has killed us in the pass. Not anymore.

eusebius

What I love about the D is that the front four can get pressure without us having to blitz and that allows us to drop seven in coverage. That is hard to read, esp for college QB's. That's why you saw OM be able to move the ball until they got down in the red zone. And then once they thought they had the coverage figured out, we switched it up and got those two big ints at the goal line. That's what good coaching does. It gets guys in the right spots to make big plays. Those int's were game changers and momentum killers. Hats off to the D.     
These things I know: There's no doubt Gary Anderson was very underrated . . Ike Forte had the best number ever for a running back and the best thing about the option was that last second pitch right before the DE hits the quarterback.

Vantage 8 dude

I realize the Broyles Award is only for one assistant coach each year. However, I hereby nominate the ENTIRE DEFENSIVE COACHING STAFF of the Arkansas Razorbacks for the best job this season HANDS DOWN! Wow, the job this staff has done with the improvement and toughness of this group of kids is amazing!!! I just hope we can keep 'em all again this next year. Whatever it takes in terms of money do it because they're worth every penny and nickel spent.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HogPsych on November 22, 2014, 07:55:16 pm
Unbelievable job by all 3. They should write a book. As drastic of a change as I have ever seen. We have been SO bad on D for so long.

Don't forget RS amidst that group.  It's a team effort.  One thing for sure, they are all great teachers.

Lord of the Styes

Something that may have been overlooked by some is that these past two shutouts came against two different offensive strategies. The ground and pound and the HUNH. That is preparation at its best.