Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get on here and eat your crow......

Started by hogz11, November 22, 2014, 06:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: secfan30 on November 22, 2014, 07:58:41 pm
It goes both ways. Many on here had no problem rubbing our noses in it when we were losing
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: redeye on November 22, 2014, 10:58:06 pm
1. Our defense was responsible for many of our points today.  One reason they played so well was because the offense allowed them to rest (slight edge in TOP).  I hope those who desire an Air Raid offense can see why it's more important to have a great defense, which is really only possible with an offense that grinds it out.

2. Another reason our defense was great is obviously coaching.  Robb Smith and has made a huge difference with players many claimed were inadequate during the off-season.  We all want as many 5-star players as possible, but here's more proof that it's better to have good coaching.

3. Our offense is improving, but it still has a ways to go before we can call it good.  Sure, we face a good defense every week, but we have a LOT of room for improvement on offense.  This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but there's no excuse not to score a TD when you have 1st and goal at the 1 yard line, ever.  Some of the redzone play calling in this game was very questionable.

I was happy with every second ticked off the clock during those goal line stands. Keep the clock rolling as long as possible. And also was happy to see Austin Allen not drop the ball, miss a handoff, stumble, throw an unwise pass, keep the possession alive for points to be scored. Not worried about the red zone play calling in the fricking least. Thirty to zip. Damn.
[CENSORED]!

pcolapiggy

Didn't make a prediction (never do...superstition thing) but I said I'd be happy with one conference win as a sign of progress.  Beyond thrilled with two wins (so far...;) and the fashion with which they were won.  WPS Go Hogs!

10thPlanet

Children Behave! I predicted we would win 8. This split fan base, and filling Hogville with thread after thread of, "your not a fan, I am. I know you are what am I?" This silly childish behavior ruins what Lanny, and others have tried to build here. Show you're an adult, let it go, and enjoy our success.

MJ2

I predicted 3 wins and a disaster season.    Looks like I'm the disaster now.   Great coaching job by CBB and staff and great dedication by the players.   I think a lot of these guys will go on with successful lives and they'll look back to this season as being a life changing point.    Great job Hogs and ready to eat my crow at a bowl game.

uconnhog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 22, 2014, 06:28:30 pm
Come and get it. I predicted 34-0... I won't be eating any
Pork that was a close perdiction

razorbackinva

Quote from: razorbackinva on August 12, 2014, 10:53:27 am
@Auburn         28-21   W
Nicholls St       42-20   W
@Tex Tech      49-45   W
UNI                52-14   W
aTm               21-17   W
Bama              35-21   L
Georgia           28-24   L
UAB                45-14  W
@Miss St         35-28  W
LSU                45-42  W (OT)
Ole Miss          35-14  W
Mizzou            38-28  W

SEC Chmp
USCe              42-35  W

Bowl Prediction:  Cotton
OKLA              42-38   L

It's time for something special.   :razorback:

No Crow for me... I predicted 10-2 (Regular season)  Funny thing is that we very well could have been 10-2 or 11-1.  Next year we will be a beast and the year after.... the whole Nation should notice the #1 Hogs!!!

snoblind

Quote from: rude1 on November 22, 2014, 09:20:03 pm
Well that's yet to be determined, that's kind of my point. Love the wins and want to enjoy them without others acting like we are now contending for something of substance, when we aren't.

Yet, you weren't willing to give the time needed to determine that it was a good choice.  Apparently you still aren't.  So if things go south in the next 2 games or next year no doubt in my mind you will be here to point out, "see, I told you so."

Since your group almost made MMQB for 2 years I don't have a problem with OP and his group calling you out.

HogScoutMaster

I am not a Hater by any MEANS but I said before and I'll say it again

I WOULD LOVE TO EAT CROW, so I am here for a big plate of it.  I called for 5 wins AT BEST
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

GolfnHog

I don't think the predictions on the W-L part of the equation is the issue. It's how several had the platform to be nay-sayers and just refused to acknowledge that improvement was being made, albeit in incremental steps.

My angst, as a member of this board, was the amount of visceral malcontents that spewed their diarrhea of the mouth without giving any thought to how a process works. Those folks are the "all or nothing" segment that can't see the forest for the trees.  They see things in a very shallow view and "by gawd, I have a microwave and I want it now, on my terms" because the losses are more than the wins.

They need to eat the crow.   
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

snoblind

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on November 24, 2014, 09:31:27 am
I am not a Hater by any MEANS but I said before and I'll say it again

I WOULD LOVE TO EAT CROW, so I am here for a big plate of it.  I called for 5 wins AT BEST

Predicting 5 wins before the season isn't being a hater.  And the OP can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's what he's talking about.  There are folks who have been bashing the hire since the day it was made.

What's amusing this fall is seeing all these posters with less than 500 posts (some way less) that have been members for years.  Check post history on many of them and you realize that the vast majority of posts have come fairly recently and are negative.  And they just happen to start when some of the worst offenders have gotten bounced.

Also amusing to notice some of the posters who were in some of the old threads that have been dredged up have either not been on the board the past few weeks or lurking without posting.

BorderPatrol

Too bad Hawgon isn't around to enjoy his fair share.

bp

snoblind

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 24, 2014, 10:02:34 am

bp

Looks like he's been given a permanent vacation?

I was am still a doubter for the long run.  I am not expecting an SEC championship or 11-1 or 10-2 seasons with this staff.  I still do not believe we can out BAMA, BAMA and everyone here knows what that means.  We had BAMA at home and they played the worst game I have seen BAMA play in years against us and we still lost.  LSU is about 60 percent of usual and we kicked their tails.  I do not hate BB and never ever said I did.  I don't care for his offensive scheme and still don't.  I always add that I would have fired Petrino too, just would not have held a press conference to do it.

I am very pleased with the two shutouts of ranked teams back to back.  It is quite clear that it took great coaching to bring this mal-aligned defense from where it was to where it is now.  And yep, that effort on D also took some recruits that BB didn't bring in to do that.  Even I thought we were very weak on talent on defense and in some places we sure are, but when you actually coach what you got, I mean really coach them, sometimes that can do wonders.

The facts are clear.  The Hog defense that couldn't slow a stiff breeze last year is going gang buster right now.  Some new coaches, another year, and right now we have an SEC caliber D.  And it was done with recruits from 3 different coaches, but just one set of what appears to be damn good assistants.  First time on NCAA record that any unranked team shut out 2 ranked teams back to back.  Arkansas done that against 2 decent teams and within the best division of the best football conference in America and BB was the HC when it happened.

I do not have a problem with this thread.  I do think its a bit pre-mature but that is the nature of Hogville.  2 or 3 losses is not the end of the world and 2 or 3 wins does not have us contending for the National Championship.

If BB has us first or second in the west next year, I'll eat a triple helping of crow.  That isn't too much to ask of a team that just shut out two highly ranked conference brothers in a row. 

Großer Kriegschwein

I'm happy for our seniors. They deserve the taste of success after all they've been through.

This is my non-signature signature.

Hogpkins

Quote from: snoblind on November 24, 2014, 09:50:45 am
Predicting 5 wins before the season isn't being a hater.  And the OP can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's what he's talking about.  There are folks who have been bashing the hire since the day it was made.

What's amusing this fall is seeing all these posters with less than 500 posts (some way less) that have been members for years.  Check post history on many of them and you realize that the vast majority of posts have come fairly recently and are negative.  And they just happen to start when some of the worst offenders have gotten bounced.

Also amusing to notice some of the posters who were in some of the old threads that have been dredged up have either not been on the board the past few weeks or lurking without posting.

The OP was definitely directed at HogScoutMaster. He was among those leading the charge with nonstop negativity and unbridled ignorance.

I see nothing wrong with calling out the haters. They want to spout their opinions on here all day, everyday, then they shouldn't mind acknowledging they were talking out of their butts the whole time.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 24, 2014, 10:02:34 am

bp

I don't miss him.. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: Hogpkins on November 24, 2014, 01:05:38 pm
The OP was definitely directed at HogScoutMaster. He was among those leading the charge with nonstop negativity and unbridled ignorance.

LOL - glad I am making a difference. 

This weeks game I am hoping for a shut out but I am bringing my Jack and Coke just in case! 

ty, you made me laugh

Hogpkins

A full stomach seems to help your mood as well. Get this man another helpin of crow! Thanksgiving came early for you. Some leftover crow and Jack and Coke should do you just fine on Friday haha!

HogScoutMaster

I was at Logan's Roadhouse eating me some HotWings when that pick 6 occurred sitting there telling my fellow table mates "watchem strew this up" HEY Touchdown! FUMBLE! no no no its a Touchdown!.  After being screwed all these years you become a scourge.  To this day I would probably slap the taste out of clint stoerner mouth for this '98 stumble fumble !

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I didn't think Bret was the best hire and still don't.

I am very reluctant to say this because I started a positive thread after the close Bama loss and then came Georgia if memory serves.

That said.

If this team and program continues in this direction I could not have been more wrong if my butt was glued to my shoulders. 

I don't expect a win every week every year, but wow the past two weeks. Didn't say anything after LSU because I wasn't sure what I saw.  After Ole Miss I'm pretty sure. 

Admittedly I never blamed players. Was always coaches I blamed. Maybe it took them longer than I had hoped, but if this is truly an indicator of things to come I was indeed very wrong.

Now I said it. It's a no win for is so called haters. You same come eat crow here I am, but others say go away. Want the crow eaten or gone away? Which is it?
Let's make some waves.

Hogpkins

Life as a hog fan has made many a bitter man. Nowadays the message board is where all that bitterness comes spewing out. It congregates and coagulates into this awful monster that just gets stronger and stronger. With the power of a 17-game losing streak feeding it, it almost took over the world!

Thank god we got a couple of nice wins. Its growth is stunted and it's gone into remission. But it will be back sooner or later, just hopefully never as strong again.

wildturkey8

I will eat crow gladly, I had reservations about Bret but the defensive turnaround has won me over.  I also see something taking shape on offense that I didn't before. It could be really nasty for other teams we play.

hogcard1964

No thanks.  I predicted 7-5 or 8-4.

I'm loving this season so far.

Bebop

I hoped for a bowl game so 6-6 was my prediction. I wasn't sure about the Bret hire but thought it fair to give him a chance to prove himself. He has us going in the right direction.

While people complained about him coming from the Big 10 as a knock against him, the other candidates that people wanted came from lesser conferences (Petersen, Patterson) and Bobby came from the Big East which, in my opinion, wasn't as good as the Big Ten. Some people said that Alvarez gave him a program and Bret didn't build it. While true that Alvarez gave Bret a solid program, Bret was the one who maintained it. He didn't run it in the ground like Smile did to us. I think it takes equal skill to maintain a program as it does to build one.

BorderPatrol