Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haters are sad

Started by BPsTheMan, November 22, 2014, 06:09:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: elksnort on November 22, 2014, 07:15:14 pm
So bored or need attention to start this thread.

Take your butthurt like a man for once in your life.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

goodguytex

When people go so fully all the way out on a limb like the haters have done, they really shouldn't be surprised when it falls out from under them. And it has. Let's be real here... A big majority of the feelings toward bielema were actually directed at Long, with bielema taking most of the full attack. And brunt of it. These haters wanted Bielema to fail. They felt like if he did at Arkansas, long would go when bielema got sent packing. Now I have some news... Long and Bielema are here to stay at Arkansas. They aren't going anywhere. Get used to it, grow to love it and enjoy it or go put on your auburn or Louisville stuff and quit claiming to be a Razorback fan. All in or all out. People need to make up their minds.

elksnort

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on November 22, 2014, 07:21:57 pm
Take your butthurt like a man for once in your life.
You have no idea what you are saying or the state of mind to whom you are saying it. 

I'm completely happy about the victory. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Hogwop on November 22, 2014, 06:10:56 pm
Good! Screw 'em!

This. "Fans" like that need to be flushed from the program just like a turd in a toilet. We don't need them and we certainly don't want these losers around representing themselves as a Hog fan.

BPsTheMan

BPsTheMan

elksnort

Whatever happened to "Iron Hog" ?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 22, 2014, 07:30:23 pm
I've never figured out the desire to negatively categorize a grouping of people.

I've always stated that I thought BB was a good coach that would prob keep us in the 8 win area year in and out.  Muskogee can attest to this.

I didn't think he had the "It" factor.
I didn't think we could "Out Bama, Bama.  Or LSU, LSU, etc."

On each of these I'm not as sure now (that's a solid testament to what BB has done.).  However, I didn't let a few games hypnotize me into believing these three things, and I'm not going to let a small sample hypnotize me into believing something different.

I think BB is doing a fantastic job of bringing this team around to his philosophy with great results.

I'm not a "Hater", nor am I a "Koolaid Drinker".
I'm a Hog fan that is happy with our progress and our direction.  I'm celebrating our back to back performances.
Isn't that enough?

Why doesn't the OP "Crawl under his rock", "Disappear", "Finally jump on the bandwagon", etc. instead of trying to create division within the fan base?

fixed

jrulz83

I've never figured out the desire to negatively categorize a grouping of people.

I've always stated that I thought BB was a good coach that would prob keep us in the 8 win area year in and out.  Muskogee can attest to this.

On each of these I'm not as sure now (that's a solid testament to what BB has done.).  However, I didn't let a few games hypnotize me into believing these three things, and I'm not going to let a small sample hypnotize me into believing something different.

I think BB is doing a fantastic job of bringing this team around to his philosophy with great results.

I'm a Hog fan that is happy with our progress and our direction.  I'm celebrating our back to back performances.
Isn't that enough?

Why doesn't the OP "Crawl under his rock", "Disappear", "Finally jump on the bandwagon", etc. instead of trying to create division within the fan base?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hater speech
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

secfan30

Isn't that enough?

Those of us that got destroyed by these haters when we were supporting the team and the direction of the program have no problems stating that the haters had no problem dividing the fan base with insults.

cj_sez

I have hated only one coach in UA history....Nutt. I was annoyed with Holtz after disparaging Arkansas after he left. I could've gladly kicked Sutton on the butt every foot of the way to KY. I felt sorry for Smith. I felt betrayed by Petrino, but don't hate him.
I don't hate Bielema. I looked forward to his discipline-based philosophy, however when I dare criticize early this season on this board, it was suggested I kill myself.
These 2 SEC wins were HUGE, no doubt. Yes, there has been and I believe will continue to be great improvement. I believe in the long run, he will be a legacy coach at UA. However, don't hate me for little niggling scepticisms that creep in from to time. We still haven't seen any great adjustments to come back and win when the game plan isn't working. We have seen annihilation of teams when it does work, but until we have a great win in the closing minutes or a skillful half-time adjustment to take the dominance in a game away from an opponent, allow me the space to be occasionally skeptical.
Go HOGS Go.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: secfan30 on November 22, 2014, 07:39:36 pm
Those of us that got destroyed by these haters when we were supporting the team and the direction of the program have no problems stating that the haters had no problem dividing the fan base with insults.

^^^^^^^

tusksincolorado

Quote from: goodguytex on November 22, 2014, 07:22:57 pm
When people go so fully all the way out on a limb like the haters have done, they really shouldn't be surprised when it falls out from under them. And it has. Let's be real here... A big majority of the feelings toward bielema were actually directed at Long, with bielema taking most of the full attack. And brunt of it. These haters wanted Bielema to fail. They felt like if he did at Arkansas, long would go when bielema got sent packing. Now I have some news... Long and Bielema are here to stay at Arkansas. They aren't going anywhere. Get used to it, grow to love it and enjoy it or go put on your auburn or Louisville stuff and quit claiming to be a Razorback fan. All in or all out. People need to make up their minds.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Unfortunately this well never happen...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: cj_sez on November 22, 2014, 07:40:10 pm
I have hated only one coach in UA history....Nutt. I was annoyed with Holtz after disparaging Arkansas after he left. I could've gladly kicked Sutton on the butt every foot of the way to KY. I felt sorry for Smith. I felt betrayed by Petrino, but don't hate him.
I don't hate Bielema. I looked forward to his discipline-based philosophy, however when I dare criticize early this season on this board, it was suggested I kill myself.
These 2 SEC wins were HUGE, no doubt. Yes, there has been and I believe will continue to be great improvement. I believe in the long run, he will be a legacy coach at UA. However, don't hate me for little niggling scepticisms that creep in from to time. We still haven't seen any great adjustments to come back and win when the game plan isn't working. We have seen annihilation of teams when it does work, but until we have a great win in the closing minutes or a skillful half-time adjustment to take the dominance in a game away from an opponent, allow me the space to be occasionally skeptical.
Go HOGS Go.

girls aren't haters

you're okay

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 22, 2014, 07:42:40 pm
girls aren't haters

you're okay
It's time to forgive, forget, and come together.  Be hogs not mules.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

mlloyd4

Just curious if there is a list of the haters?
I would like to be able to distinguish them from the sunshine pumpers, the know-it-alls and smart asses...
WPS

goodguytex

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 22, 2014, 07:41:51 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Unfortunately this well never happen...
But it should... The rot needed a to be cut out of the tree... All the haters need to go love on auburn and Louisville and leave the Hogs alone. We will be fine without them.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 22, 2014, 06:48:46 pm
The blowhards who preached this was a 5 year rebuild ain't looking like football Einsteins either.
Hey, we're ahead of schedule in a lot of ways, but in five years the redshirt program will be fully operational.  This could get really interesting.

Am I still bant, Harry ???

MuskogeeHogFan

Go HOGS Go.

Try to enjoy the win without being negative. You can be skeptical but this team just beat two ranked SEC teams and in the process, our defense shut both of them out.

Enjoy the moment.

There will be plenty of time to be more skeptical later.
Go Hogs Go!

hillhog

Quote from: WMHawgfan on November 22, 2014, 06:24:13 pm
Bret's going to be here for a long time. Better get comfortable with that fact.
Hope he doesn't ride cycles

hview

This coach staff is laying the foundation for a great program the right way. A work in progress and in the midst of rebuilding, played some of the best teams in the nation off their feet and closed the last two games with shut outs against top twenty teams. That's an amazing feat! Something we can all be proud of.
We are all Razorback fans. I can see where there would be frustration and doubt when the team doesn't close out victories. I think everyone is on board and fully supports this coaching staff.

cj_sez

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 22, 2014, 07:47:35 pm
Try to enjoy the win without being negative. You can be skeptical but this team just beat two ranked SEC teams and in the process, our defense shut both of them out.

Enjoy the moment.

There will be plenty of time to be more skeptical later.

Right now, I'm walking on Hogair and loving it. Just wanted to point out that sometimes, a little skepticism should be expected and accepted for just that. When I was attacked by one poster, I almost left the board. I read a lot, post occasionally and try to look at all angles. Never have seen the need for fans to attack each other...just occasionally agree to disagree peaceably.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cj_sez on November 22, 2014, 07:52:17 pm
Right now, I'm walking on Hogair and loving it. Just wanted to point out that sometimes, a little skepticism should be expected and accepted for just that. When I was attacked by one poster, I almost left the board. I read a lot, post occasionally and try to look at all angles. Never have seen the need for fans to attack each other...just occasionally agree to disagree peaceably.

Your post had nothing to do with other posters. Just the program.

Additionally, we don't need to have a win in the closing moments to be good. We just shut out LSU (#17) and Ole Miss (#8). Not sure what you want. I prefer wins that are not close.
Go Hogs Go!

cj_sez

I love blowout games, too and in a perfect world the Hogs would win all by 30 or more. But, it's not a perfect world and I just want to see the ability to actually win the ones that are close. That desire doesn't take away from these great wins. The schedule this year has been brutal, but damn, wouldn't you have loved it if we'd won at least one of the close ones?

wildhogman

Go HOGS Go.

I had to miss a lot of the second half, but what I did get to see lead me to believe we started opening holes for the running game. Is this actually true, as I haven't seen a replay yet. And if so, wouldn't that qualify as one of your conditions. To make adjustments at half time to negate something they do. Such as stuff our run in the first half?  Maybe I am wrong as I said, I didn't get to see a lot of the second half, just the first bit of the 3rd qtr

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cj_sez on November 22, 2014, 08:17:51 pm
I love blowout games, too and in a perfect world the Hogs would win all by 30 or more. But, it's not a perfect world and I just want to see the ability to actually win the ones that are close. That desire doesn't take away from these great wins. The schedule this year has been brutal, but damn, wouldn't you have loved it if we'd won at least one of the close ones?

It is a work in progress. Doesn't happen overnight. As it stands right now, we are ahead of schedule. Enjoy the moment.
Go Hogs Go!

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: elksnort on November 22, 2014, 07:33:27 pm
Whatever happened to "Iron Hog" ?
not sure but I used to love it when he referred to us as Southwest Missouri State and the board would implode.

TeedupHigh

Quote from: Bebop on November 22, 2014, 06:21:25 pm
Absolutely. The only person that I have been critical of is Chaney. Our offense needs to match our defensive improvement, or be close behind.

If it's all on Chaney should Pittman not be getting a piece of this action?  How many times did we have the ball in the Red Zone and not score a TD because our O=line got whipped?  Call out Chaney, call out Pittman only fair.  Credit is given Smith and then to Shannon, Segrest, Jennings, gotta give credit to all don't you think?

1highhog

Quote from: Hogwop on November 22, 2014, 06:16:39 pm
Being critical is one thing. Being willfully obtuse and ignoring the progress this team has made out of blind hatred for the coach or AD is something else entirely.

But all who bitched and moaned last year and thought we needed to fire CBB halfway through the Season were pain stupid, there's no other way around it.  You couldn't say anything good about the man without being about ran off the Board, in the 1st year, after this team had been in the deepest pits of hell.  Even this year we were hearing it, jump on the bandwagon, there's still room.

pigture perfect

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 22, 2014, 07:15:27 pm
If we hate a hater, have we then become that which we hate?
That is something to think about. You are a very wise man.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Bebop

Quote from: TeedupHigh on November 22, 2014, 09:26:08 pm
If it's all on Chaney should Pittman not be getting a piece of this action?  How many times did we have the ball in the Red Zone and not score a TD because our O=line got whipped?  Call out Chaney, call out Pittman only fair.  Credit is given Smith and then to Shannon, Segrest, Jennings, gotta give credit to all don't you think?

It is discouraging to see an Oline not able to get a one yard push for a score with a full set of downs. Thankfully we were able to get a redo on one of our possessions after one of Ole Miss lineman lined up offsides. Still, we didn't get a great push like we should have. Let's be fair, Pittman may need to share in some of that blame. Granted, Ole Miss has a good Dline, but we still should be able to punch it in at the one.

hog911

Every team has its ups and downs. We lost 17 straight it was just amatter of time until we started winning again, but for how long is the question. If the weather plays in our favor against Mizzou we will win that one too. I still don't like Long.

1highhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 22, 2014, 06:18:36 pm
Who the blank could be hating tonight?

You been one that's hated before Sir-Pigs.

BPsTheMan

Vantage 8 dude

November 22, 2014, 09:52:17 pm #85 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:43:03 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 22, 2014, 06:17:30 pm
I was impressed by the Hogs and stunned by the lack of passion by Old Miss.
Well perhaps that "lack of passion by Ole Miss" was more a product of a major beat down and tusking by the Hogs. Then again, we're not Presbyterian or "Open Date" and so Ole Misery didn't know how to act or play when a team didn't just roll over and die on them. Imagine that!! :razorback:

1highhog

Quote from: secfan30 on November 22, 2014, 07:18:13 pm
No not at all and even thought I'm not the one that started this thread, I am sure it was started because so many swore we'd not get here this year or next. We very well may end up with the same record that CBP had his 2nd year and most of these haters will not ever give any credit to the current team or coach.

Not only could we end 8-5, but it would be a far better record, Nations toughest Schedule, played every game tough, so far beat 2 high ranked opponents and "if" we beat Mizzou next week we could end up beating 3 ranked teams and shutting at least two of them out.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Bebop on November 22, 2014, 09:41:28 pm
It is discouraging to see an Oline not able to get a one yard push for a score with a full set of downs. Thankfully we were able to get a redo on one of our possessions after one of Ole Miss lineman lined up offsides. Still, we didn't get a great push like we should have. Let's be fair, Pittman may need to share in some of that blame. Granted, Ole Miss has a good Dline, but we still should be able to punch it in at the one.

Unlike other positions the lines play as units and there has to be a certain amount of pride envolved in that.  I believe the coaches are still trying to instill that in the O-line, so the calls that were made to give them that chance.  Because it failed it will be a teaching opportunity in the film room and in practice.  The O-line is not were CBB and Pittman want it to be yet.

Vantage 8 dude

Isn't that enough?

The only "IT" factor the CBB needs is with recruits and his players. As long as he has that then he will continue to build his program the way he wants IT. Most of the fans will naturally follow along because we all like a winner.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on November 22, 2014, 06:15:37 pm
Shot at the East?  ???

Whoops, Im in Cali, everything is East of me

BPsTheMan

he's not answering why

questions are hard

FelixJonesorDMAC?

MojaveJoe

I agree. A lot of who are labeled as "haters" were disappointed with the hire. Does that mean they don't want a winning hog team? I doubt it.

As for me, I was initially disappointed with the hire (although I would never call for a coach to be fired before having 3 years to prove it - not good for a program). But I have really grown to appreciate BB as a person (something I thought I could care less about in a coach) and his commitment to recruiting and making a winner is undeniable. I would be happy to eat crow if we continue in the direction we have been. I bet a lot of those you call "haters" would agree.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: jce3227 on November 22, 2014, 10:20:15 pm
I don't post much, but I read a lot on here and other sites.  Bottom line is this, you give B. Bielema vs Malzahn equal teams, and match them up head to head, and Bielema will win
a majority of the time.  There's a reason Auburn cheats like they're doing right this very second. There's no way IMHO the two top WR's for this yr and next, chose a school that runs the ball more than we do, if they weren't from Alabama, or in that immediate area. 
He cheats because he knows he can't win a fair fight, which makes him a coward. 

Anyone could see Arkansas was turning a corner, and they're very close to being solid again.  And this Robb Smith guy might be the best DC we've ever had.   So take that haters, start hating.  I started to laugh at what poetic justice it would have been in Samford had pulled the upset over Auburn tonight, when the score was tied late in the 1st half.  Not because I hate Auburn that much, because I don't, but because the Malzahn supporters just last yr were trashing B. Bielema in his very first yr as we all saw, for having a tough early season game against them, much like Auburn did also for much of the first half, in Malzahn's 2nd yr..Lol..   

I like this guy ^^^

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 22, 2014, 10:23:46 pm

I like this guy ^^^

Seems solid to me, Racks. Might need to get him in the Tavern.

By the way, the season of Frank continues undeterred!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on November 22, 2014, 10:37:25 pm
Seems solid to me, Racks. Might need to get him in the Tavern.

By the way, the season of Frank continues undeterred!

Season of Frank, brought to you by Hardee's Carls Jr Burger Girl

hollywood hog

Quote from: Breems on November 22, 2014, 07:07:52 pm
We were losing then. Never said I didn't support the team/coach.

That quote is basically what the entire board was saying for weeks. Don't be a tool when we should be celebrating.

They can't help it.  Couple of nice games for the Hogs.  Let's have a pissing match to celebrate!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 22, 2014, 10:45:14 pm
Season of Frank, brought to you by Hardee's Carls Jr Burger Girl

Here, here!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Eddie Goodson

I giving fair warning. I have the ban hammer and the duh-leted button ready for those who still can find nothing to do but criticize. Enjoy victory or don't post. Call me whatever you want. I'm just letting you know beforehand.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: hog911 on November 22, 2014, 09:46:00 pm
Every team has its ups and downs. We lost 17 straight it was just amatter of time until we started winning again, but for how long is the question. If the weather plays in our favor against Mizzou we will win that one too. I still don't like Long.

I'm sure that really bothers Long.  Long has done a great job at Arkansas and he brings he University a lot of positive, national exposure.