Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haters are sad

Started by BPsTheMan, November 22, 2014, 06:09:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

lol @ this becoming a 3 page thread.

1highhog

Quote from: MojaveJoe on November 22, 2014, 10:15:14 pm
I agree. A lot of who are labeled as "haters" were disappointed with the hire. Does that mean they don't want a winning hog team? I doubt it.

As for me, I was initially disappointed with the hire (although I would never call for a coach to be fired before having 3 years to prove it - not good for a program). But I have really grown to appreciate BB as a person (something I thought I could care less about in a coach) and his commitment to recruiting and making a winner is undeniable. I would be happy to eat crow if we continue in the direction we have been. I bet a lot of those you call "haters" would agree.

I could never understand the ones that hated the hire.  Long hired a topnotch Coach that came off of going to 3 Rose Bowls, got rid of a sorry no good Coach that dragged our University through the mud, left our Football program in shambles without a defense, and left in disgrace because he couldn't keep his prick in his pocket.  The SEC is stronger now than its ever been, Petrino wouldn't have been as successful now because all the teams top to bottom are good, not just top heavy.

jmb1973

Quote from: bacon&eggs on November 22, 2014, 07:44:39 pm
Just curious if there is a list of the haters?
I would like to be able to distinguish them from the sunshine pumpers, the know-it-alls and smart asses...
See my sigline

Hogwop

Quote from: 1highhog on November 22, 2014, 09:30:24 pm
But all who bitched and moaned last year and thought we needed to fire CBB halfway through the Season were pain stupid, there's no other way around it.  You couldn't say anything good about the man without being about ran off the Board, in the 1st year, after this team had been in the deepest pits of hell.  Even this year we were hearing it, jump on the bandwagon, there's still room.
I'm not sure if you're telling me to jump on the bandwagon or what, but I've been on it the whole time.
I think you're being a little hyperbolic, but there's definitely been several posters on this board that have made it almost unreadable at times.
Anyone who thinks our troubles the past few years are simple enough to be the fault of one person (CBB, Jeff Long, Smiley,  BA, etc) just obviously don't get it or don't want to.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 26, 2014, 08:37:58 am
the Hogs will not score on offense vs Ole Miss. The only game the Hogs will be competitive in is at Mizzou and they will still lose that one. 0-8. Only coach in over 60 years at U of A to go winless in conference over 2 consecutive seasons. This program wasn't so bad that it should go 0-16 over 2 yrs in SEC.

This post was incorrect.

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 26, 2014, 08:33:31 am
that sounds familiar. Like the Bama game but at least Ole Miss had something riding on this. Freeze is a better coach than BB will ever be.

So was this one.

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 19, 2014, 01:42:15 pm
We have not played a team as good as wither Ole Miss or Miss St yet. They will both blow out the Hogs.

And this one.

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 19, 2014, 09:37:34 am
Can't wait to see us end the 28 game SEC losing streak in the Hogs' first SEC game of the '16 season.

And that one.

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 19, 2014, 09:26:01 am
I can tell you now what will happen the rest of the season. Currently 3-4 and on 3 game losing streak and 16 game conference losing streak, the remaining games will go like this:

vs UAB: Win. How it goes, why would anyone really care? It's UAB and is a meaningless non-conf game scheduled for a win in late Oct in the middle of a colossal conference losing streak.

at Miss St: Loss. This series has been lopsided in favor of the Hogs. Not this year. State will score early and often and the Hogs will do well to get into double digits. Great offense and good defense by State. Final will be something along the lines of 49-7 or 49-14. Allen will throw 3 INT's and Hogs will have 4 or 5 turnovers.

vs Bye week: Hopefully, not a loss. We'll see what players get suspended during the off week.

vs. LSU: Loss. Bye week makes no difference for the Hogs unless you can get new coaching staff and QB in the off week. LSU not playing as well as they have in recent years but they still have 3rd teamers who could start for the Hogs. Will probably not be a blowout, but will not be close in 2nd half either. LSU has wins over Wisc, Fla and Ky. Close loss to Miss St and blow out loss at Auburn, but that was followed by a road win at Fla. LSU will lose their next two games, both at home, to Ole Miss and to Alabama. Then they play the Hogs in RRS and will win 38-21. Home field rarely helps the Hogs...usually hurts them.

vs. Ole Miss: Loss. Hogs will probably not score in this game. A shame since it is last home game of the year. When is last time the Hogs were shut out at home? If they do score, won't be more than 7 pts. Hogs can't kick, so no FG's. Ole Miss will create 4 or 5 turnovers by the Hogs, maybe more. Will be a blowout that gets very bad in 4th Q. Final score: 56-0.

At this point, Hogs are on a 19 game conference losing streak...1 loss away from tying the U of A all-time conference losing streak set in the early 1940's.

@ Mizzou: Loss. Missouri has conference wins this season over Fla and SC, both on the road, which is more than the Hogs can say over the past 2 seasons. Like the Hogs, Missouri seems to play better away from the pressure of the home crowd. That is a sure sign of weakness, but I'm confident that Missouri fans will take the SEC road wins. Mizzou has bad home losses to Indiana and GA. But so do we: GA and Ole Miss to come. This is a battle of two of the worst teams in the SEC and will come down to who gives a damn more in the last game of the year. Missouri will go bowling, assuming they beat Vandy in Columbia this Sat. Hogs will not be bowling for 3rd consecutive year. Mizzou wins this but will probably be close unless the Hogs give up before they get off the plane.
Final score: Mizzery - 28 Hogs - 21.

Final Record: 4-8, 0-8. Lost 7 of last 8 games, the lone win thanks to scheduling UAB in late October. 20 game SEC losing streak, the longest conference losing streak in program history. Couldn't have done worse in last 3 years if Hogs had just come off the death penalty 3 years ago. Bielema cries after each loss but says they are getting better in practice but for some reason, it does not show up in the games. Oh well. To the beach y'all.

This prediction was pretty far off base.

I'm glad the Hogs have played well these past two weeks.  The way our defense is playing, we have a real shot of winning eight, yes, I said eight, games this year.  Who would have thought that was possible?  I was hopeful, but I was just hoping to get to six wins and play in a bowl.

Wooo Pig!!!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

LZH

I'm here.  Screw with me and I swear to Christ that I'll put you to sleep.  Whaddaya got?  You wanna argue?....I'll be your huckleberry.  Go ahead, I dare you.

Btw, we have looked great these past two weeks.  BB might actually know WTH he's doing after all.

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

dynastyhog

Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

hollywood hog

Quote from: dynastyhog on November 23, 2014, 02:02:29 am
  Speak up now a$$holes you've completely made it unbearable for an out of stater to get info.

I was one of the haters. U could have just hit ignore for the posters that bothered you.  Glad you were able to get all that off your chest tho.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: BadHog on November 22, 2014, 06:23:15 pm
Who are the haters? List their names - they deserve to get some credit!

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 06, 2014, 06:05:24 pm
If Hogs make a bowl this year, I will never post again on the internet re the Razorbacks.

LOLz

secfan30

Quote from: jce3227 on November 22, 2014, 10:20:15 pm
I don't post much, but I read a lot on here and other sites.  Bottom line is this, you give B. Bielema vs Malzahn equal teams, and match them up head to head, and Bielema will win
a majority of the time.  There's a reason Auburn cheats like they're doing right this very second. There's no way IMHO the two top WR's for this yr and next, chose a school that runs the ball more than we do, if they weren't from Alabama, or in that immediate area. 
He cheats because he knows he can't win a fair fight, which makes him a coward. 

Anyone could see Arkansas was turning a corner, and they're very close to being solid again.  And this Robb Smith guy might be the best DC we've ever had.   So take that haters, start hating.  I started to laugh at what poetic justice it would have been if Samford had pulled the upset over Auburn tonight, when the score was tied late in the 1st half.  Not because I hate Auburn that much, because I don't, but because the Malzahn supporters just last yr were trashing B. Bielema in his very first yr as we all saw, for having a tough early season game against them, much like Auburn did also for much of the first half, in Malzahn's 2nd yr..Lol..   

Post more in my opinion

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Pig In The City

Quote from: h0gfan6 on November 22, 2014, 06:12:23 pm
We're about to see a lot of "new user" registrations.
Won't be able to show their faces...like where is want2win?

Pig In The City

Quote from: 1highhog on November 22, 2014, 11:31:30 pm
I could never understand the ones that hated the hire.  Long hired a topnotch Coach that came off of going to 3 Rose Bowls, got rid of a sorry no good Coach that dragged our University through the mud, left our Football program in shambles without a defense, and left in disgrace because he couldn't keep his prick in his pocket.  The SEC is stronger now than its ever been, Petrino wouldn't have been as successful now because all the teams top to bottom are good, not just top heavy.

It isn't difficult to understand.  It is ignorance of football.  Not stupidity just a lack of understanding that surrounds football.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on November 23, 2014, 06:51:34 am
LOLz
HogInMemphis please be a man of your word now that the Hogs have QUALIFIED FOR A BOWL and never, ever post again. Do this site and all who support the team a major favor and keep your crap off the board forever.

wildhogman

Quote from: LZH on November 23, 2014, 01:52:05 am
I'm here.  Screw with me and I swear to Christ that I'll put you to sleep.  Whaddaya got?  You wanna argue?....I'll be your huckleberry.  Go ahead, I dare you.

Btw, we have looked great these past two weeks.  BB might actually know WTH he's doing after all.
well considering he hasn't deviated one time from the course he's been on, does that mean he's known what he is doing all along?  Consider this, if he had been the captain of the titanic that great ship might not have sunk. Instead of listening to ship builders and ship owners about how to best "captain" HIS ship. He would have told them, "you build your ships and run your company let me do what I was hired to do. Drive this beeping thing"! I'll let you decide if your the builder or owner in this equation, but without doubt your the one who doesn't know half as much about building a football team as the man that is now captain of and building our hogs.

HSVhogfan2

Their was an awful lot of hate on the players. More of those people need to apologize. CBB and his staff are grown and get paid well. They can take it. Guys like Hatcher and BA, who came here in one system, stuck it out and now are excelling in a completely different one. There are many more. Those are the ones that should be celebrated.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on November 23, 2014, 08:57:34 am
Their was an awful lot of hate on the players. More of those people need to apologize. CBB and his staff are grown and get paid well. They can take it. Guys like Hatcher and BA, who came here in one system, stuck it out and now are excelling in a completely different one. There are many more. Those are the ones that should be celebrated.

Agreed!
+1

Biggus Piggus

LOL at morons who say Hogs won because of weather. Drooling idiots.
[CENSORED]!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 23, 2014, 09:02:20 am

No doubt. Our defense dominated their O line. They rattled Wallace. This game and the LSU game were no flukes.

We straight man handled them both.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Kevin

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 23, 2014, 09:02:20 am

we won because cbb has them tougher than the weather
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Kevin on November 23, 2014, 09:06:43 am
we won because cbb has them tougher than the weather

:smartass SMH smilie:

Chief Mac

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 23, 2014, 08:50:55 am
HogInMemphis please be a man of your word now that the Hogs have QUALIFIED FOR A BOWL and never, ever post again. Do this site and all who support the team a major favor and keep your crap off the board forever.

2nd this!  HiM will never man-up though
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: southarkhog06 on November 23, 2014, 10:36:10 am
if you truly wanted the fan base to be together standing behind the team, then you would have said so when we were losing not just after we win 2 games in dominating fashion and your trash talk of the coaches is being called out
All Gas, No Brakes!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: southarkhog06 on November 23, 2014, 11:07:22 am
while we were losing there was thread after thread much worse and filled with much more venom toward anybody that liked CBB. We're you on any of those threads calling for harmony? And you can check my post history, I have never trashed a player. Really you are insinuating I am insecure because I question your sincerity in wanting "peace and harmony among hog fans". If this turns out to be fools gold and we flop for years and gm or BP win big I will eat my crow. So just take your crow and move on that will be the biggest step toward this unity of hog fans you speak of.

interesting isn't it

haters on the defensive while they're posting trash for the last two years (beginning before CBB ever coached a game)

then haters on the defensive because they don't like being called out for being wrong after the fact

Kind of tells you the type of people we've been dealing with. This "we're all Hog fans" stuff doesn't cut it. Haters hate and then lie about it. I'm not okay with associating with people like that.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 23, 2014, 11:21:15 am
interesting isn't it

haters on the defensive while they're posting trash for the last two years (beginning before CBB ever coached a game)

then haters on the defensive because they don't like being called out for being wrong after the fact

Kind of tells you the type of people we've been dealing with. This "we're all Hog fans" stuff doesn't cut it. Haters hate and then lie about it. I'm not okay with associating with people like that.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 23, 2014, 08:50:55 am

What would Hogville be without an azz like HiM?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Bebop

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 22, 2014, 09:54:47 pm
Unlike other positions the lines play as units and there has to be a certain amount of pride envolved in that.  I believe the coaches are still trying to instill that in the O-line, so the calls that were made to give them that chance.  Because it failed it will be a teaching opportunity in the film room and in practice.  The O-line is not were CBB and Pittman want it to be yet.

For sure. We are a young line and I'm sure they know they can't let what happened yesterday happen again. Everyone knows that it wasn't a good showing for our Oline, but we do know that those problems can be corrected. While there may be some blame laid at Pittman, I think it may be due to being a younger line.

Regardless of the reasons for the lack of Oline push, we got Pittman and BB helping them out. They recognize the problem. The coaches and players aren't oblivious. We'll be fine.

In spite of our Oline's showing yesterday, I'm still concerned about Chaney the most. I have more confidence in Pittman in getting it done than Chaney. However, I'm hoping Chaney makes me eat a giant plate of crow. I'm looking forward to the day.

hawg66

Quote from: cj_sez on November 22, 2014, 08:17:51 pm
I love blowout games, too and in a perfect world the Hogs would win all by 30 or more. But, it's not a perfect world and I just want to see the ability to actually win the ones that are close. That desire doesn't take away from these great wins. The schedule this year has been brutal, but damn, wouldn't you have loved it if we'd won at least one of the close ones?

Apology accepted

1highhog

Quote from: Bebop on November 23, 2014, 12:39:59 pm

Regardless of the reasons for the lack of Oline push, we got Pittman and BB helping them out. They recognize the problem. The coaches and players aren't oblivious. We'll be fine.

In spite of our Oline's showing yesterday, I'm still concerned about Chaney the most. I have more confidence in Pittman in getting it done than Chaney. However, I'm hoping Chaney makes me eat a giant plate of crow. I'm looking forward to the day.

I have sad this till I'm blue in the face, I my as well try out for the next avatar movie.  Guys, Our Online is still way to young, they're built Chevy tough, but their minds are like ford engines right now.  They're huge, but mentally, they just don't have the experience to go up against lines that are older and know the angles and techniques to counter the vast horsepower difference it looks like our guys should have.  That's why I can't wait until we can start building the depth across both sides of the ball in our lines, that we we won't have to start true freshmen on our lines anymore.  Its such a waste.  I know these guys are coming because they have the chance to start here, but can you imagine Dan as a redshirt Sophomore instead of being a Junior next year?

(notOM)Rebel123

I heard a guy from LR complaining about the crowd size the last two games in Fayetteville. We shut-out the #8 &#17 teams in the country and he's griping about Fayetteville attendance. Pitiful.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

1highhog

Quote from: Hogwop on November 23, 2014, 12:33:21 am
I'm not sure if you're telling me to jump on the bandwagon or what, but I've been on it the whole time.
I think you're being a little hyperbolic, but there's definitely been several posters on this board that have made it almost unreadable at times.
Anyone who thinks our troubles the past few years are simple enough to be the fault of one person (CBB, Jeff Long, Smiley,  BA, etc) just obviously don't get it or don't want to.

Did I call your name out anywhere in my post?  Did I reply to a post of yours?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 22, 2014, 08:55:43 pm
I'll almost bet all the so called lovers are only BB and Long lovers and are the very same ones that have been trashing the players for three years now.

What the hell are "BB and Long lovers?" Are there ANY Long lovers? Who the hell spends their time thinking about athletic directors? Who gives a crap? Hopefully they do nothing to make you think about them. As for head football coaches, yes I like great coaches. Bret Bielema is pretty damn great. Based on what? He did not show much until this season. Year two, whoda thunk it.

What kind of drooling fool cannot see the quality of coaching going on here? You do not see a team loaded with pro talent that finally has been allowed to win. This is a team that has bought into the techniques they are being taught, executing on a higher and higher level. TAUGHT. TEAM. Not the collection of individual talent you would like to credit entirely to a former coach. That is idiocy.

Arkansas has not seen linebackers and defensive backs play this well in generations. The defense has some talented players, but the great accomplishment here is player development. You cannot deny the incredible player development going on, not without proving yourself a fool.

The really serious risk Bielema pulled off here -- he changed out three defensive coaches after season one. AND IT WORKED MARVELOUSLY. That took gigantic balls. Absolutely brilliant.

What Bielema had done that no Arkansas coach ever had done before -- He is seriously committed to playing his bench. Bielema isn't going to make his best defensive players go 60 snaps just because they are a lot more talented than their backups. Bielema has used his depth. Sometimes it didn't work, but he kept giving players chances. More and more players got ready to help. Now the Hogs can absorb injuries better than we've seen in our entire SEC time.

Next year, the offensive line gets more agile and competitive, the receivers get deeper and more talented, and so does the backfield. If the defense comes in even close to this level, what a season it will be.

This one has been a dramatic progression. Especially on defense, the element that had fallen down the most from 2007-13. What's with this lame "trashing the players" hoohah? That is your lone defense? You were just standing up for those poor widdle players? People who defended the coaches were implicitly insulting the players for not being any better?

Did you ever stop to think that there's a normal learning process? That players who can't do something at point A might suddenly be competent at point B, just because they learned something along the way?

Astonishing.
[CENSORED]!

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hogwop on November 22, 2014, 06:16:39 pm
Being critical is one thing. Being willfully obtuse and ignoring the progress this team has made out of blind hatred for the coach or AD is something else entirely.

1.  I've never attacked Coach Bielema.  I have been skeptical that his approach would work at Arkansas.  I'm still not 100% convinced for the long term, but the improvement as this year has progressed has been undeniable.  We didn't just beat LSU and Ole Miss, we dominated them. 

2.  Coach Smith has been a great addition and the defense is playing lights out.  His performance only accentuates how poorly our last coordinator performed.  Credit goes to Bielema for making the change.

3.  Speaking of the defense, while we're dishing out crow how about a plateful for all the people who have claimed the last two years that the defense is void of talent...a "dumpster fire" as I recall?  We have the most dominant defensive line in the SEC and guys like Tevin Mitchel and Rohan Gaines who have been the subject of so much "they aren't SEC players" and "talk about overrated" abuse have shown that they can play...and that maybe the problem last year was the scheme and the coaching.

4.  I said after the Alabama game that Brandon Allen was the best QB on the field...as in better than Blake Sims.  How about some crow for the "Allen isn't an SEC QB" crew as well?  By all means, let's be an equal opportunity crow distribution site.

5.  I said several games ago that Trey Flowers is the best football player in the SEC.  He is.  He is an absolute monster.  The rest of the defensive line...Philon, Taiwan Johnson, Deatrich Wise, etc...is terrific, too. 

6.  I still despise Jeff Long.  He's a smug, arrogant little self serving bean counter.  I've never liked his "hey, pay attention to me" tweeting, I didn't appreciate the self serving "Integrity goes a LONG way" t-shirts he allowed to be printed and distributed while the football team was floundering, I don't like his smirky expression, and I don't like him.  So yeah, if you want to label someone a hater I'll gladly agree that I'm a Jeff Long hater.  I can't stand him personally or professionally.  Not even a little bit.

I'm not sure how disliking the athletic director affects one's fandom, but apparently for many it does.

7.  At first I thought message boards were the greatest thing ever for fans, a way for people out of state who don't get a lot of local coverage to stay in touch with the Hogs or whatever program they choose.  Now I've arrived at the opposite conclusion.  We can't even finish off a shutout of a top ten team before a big contingent starts hammering out "I told you so, suck it" attacks on other fans.  I now realize that I enjoy football season more when I don't read the board.  Getting drawn into arguments only detracts from the experience.

8.  I'm not surprised that we beat LSU and Ole Miss.  I actually said that the two point win one of the national prognosticators (don't remember who) predicted sounded about right.  As it turns out it was a much more dominant win than just about any of us could have predicted.  The only games I thought we would lose for sure were Auburn and Alabama. 

Missouri?  I rate it a toss up.  They're going to have to be able to pass against our defense.  I see it as a close, low scoring game and I have no idea who will win it.  We're riding a wave of momentum but they are playing for a shot at a conference title...at home.

Oklahawg

I don't even get "yeah, but" comments. Not now. UA completely owns LSU, runs a mudhole in OM (with the back-up QB!), and we still have a yeah, but what about Chaney? What about...[insert here].

It was an absolutely brilliant move to kick to start the OM game. Showed confidence in the D, showed confidence in the offense to move the ball. A new level of strategic play.

The week before, we started seeing BA on the move, a lot. It shows that the OL is growing up and able to handle a few more things. We've seen screen passes slip into the mix, despite being told we weren't really equipped to do that well. Growth.

It is like the coaches are playing chess and the fanbase critics are playing checkers.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 24, 2014, 12:12:40 am
What the hell are "BB and Long lovers?" Are there ANY Long lovers? Who the hell spends their time thinking about athletic directors? Who gives a crap? Hopefully they do nothing to make you think about them. As for head football coaches, yes I like great coaches. Bret Bielema is pretty damn great. Based on what? He did not show much until this season. Year two, whoda thunk it.

What kind of drooling fool cannot see the quality of coaching going on here? You do not see a team loaded with pro talent that finally has been allowed to win. This is a team that has bought into the techniques they are being taught, executing on a higher and higher level. TAUGHT. TEAM. Not the collection of individual talent you would like to credit entirely to a former coach. That is idiocy.

Arkansas has not seen linebackers and defensive backs play this well in generations. The defense has some talented players, but the great accomplishment here is player development. You cannot deny the incredible player development going on, not without proving yourself a fool.

The really serious risk Bielema pulled off here -- he changed out three defensive coaches after season one. AND IT WORKED MARVELOUSLY. That took gigantic balls. Absolutely brilliant.

What Bielema had done that no Arkansas coach ever had done before -- He is seriously committed to playing his bench. Bielema isn't going to make his best defensive players go 60 snaps just because they are a lot more talented than their backups. Bielema has used his depth. Sometimes it didn't work, but he kept giving players chances. More and more players got ready to help. Now the Hogs can absorb injuries better than we've seen in our entire SEC time.

Next year, the offensive line gets more agile and competitive, the receivers get deeper and more talented, and so does the backfield. If the defense comes in even close to this level, what a season it will be.

This one has been a dramatic progression. Especially on defense, the element that had fallen down the most from 2007-13. What's with this lame "trashing the players" hoohah? That is your lone defense? You were just standing up for those poor widdle players? People who defended the coaches were implicitly insulting the players for not being any better?

Did you ever stop to think that there's a normal learning process? That players who can't do something at point A might suddenly be competent at point B, just because they learned something along the way?

Astonishing.

You know something, first I have never downed the coaching ability of the staff, but with that said, you have just proven the things I have been saying for two years.

Thank you!

You don't teach dogs to bit you only teach them who and when.

Coaching, coaching, coaching

Remember my thread about, when the time was right this team would win?  It was all about what you just posted.  And your and idiot if you think we don't have talent and debth that can be coached to win.  That is the problem I've had with such as you.

How many time have you said we don't have the talent and depth to win this year?  You never said coaching would do that, never.  So who doesn't have faith in the players and the coaches I ask you.

southarkhog06

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2014, 09:13:02 am
1.  I've never attacked Coach Bielema.  I have been skeptical that his approach would work at Arkansas.  I'm still not 100% convinced for the long term, but the improvement as this year has progressed has been undeniable.  We didn't just beat LSU and Ole Miss, we dominated them. 

2.  Coach Smith has been a great addition and the defense is playing lights out.  His performance only accentuates how poorly our last coordinator performed.  Credit goes to Bielema for making the change.

3.  Speaking of the defense, while we're dishing out crow how about a plateful for all the people who have claimed the last two years that the defense is void of talent...a "dumpster fire" as I recall?  We have the most dominant defensive line in the SEC and guys like Tevin Mitchel and Rohan Gaines who have been the subject of so much "they aren't SEC players" and "talk about overrated" abuse have shown that they can play...and that maybe the problem last year was the scheme and the coaching.

4.  I said after the Alabama game that Brandon Allen was the best QB on the field...as in better than Blake Sims.  How about some crow for the "Allen isn't an SEC QB" crew as well?  By all means, let's be an equal opportunity crow distribution site.

5.  I said several games ago that Trey Flowers is the best football player in the SEC.  He is.  He is an absolute monster.  The rest of the defensive line...Philon, Taiwan Johnson, Deatrich Wise, etc...is terrific, too. 

6.  I still despise Jeff Long.  He's a smug, arrogant little self serving bean counter.  I've never liked his "hey, pay attention to me" tweeting, I didn't appreciate the self serving "Integrity goes a LONG way" t-shirts he allowed to be printed and distributed while the football team was floundering, I don't like his smirky expression, and I don't like him.  So yeah, if you want to label someone a hater I'll gladly agree that I'm a Jeff Long hater.  I can't stand him personally or professionally.  Not even a little bit.

I'm not sure how disliking the athletic director affects one's fandom, but apparently for many it does.

7.  At first I thought message boards were the greatest thing ever for fans, a way for people out of state who don't get a lot of local coverage to stay in touch with the Hogs or whatever program they choose.  Now I've arrived at the opposite conclusion.  We can't even finish off a shutout of a top ten team before a big contingent starts hammering out "I told you so, suck it" attacks on other fans.  I now realize that I enjoy football season more when I don't read the board.  Getting drawn into arguments only detracts from the experience.

8.  I'm not surprised that we beat LSU and Ole Miss.  I actually said that the two point win one of the national prognosticators (don't remember who) predicted sounded about right.  As it turns out it was a much more dominant win than just about any of us could have predicted.  The only games I thought we would lose for sure were Auburn and Alabama. 

Missouri?  I rate it a toss up.  They're going to have to be able to pass against our defense.  I see it as a close, low scoring game and I have no idea who will win it.  We're riding a wave of momentum but they are playing for a shot at a conference title...at home.
1. this sounds an awful lot like "im gonna keep throwing out some scepticism so when the team hits another inevitable bump in the road i can come back and be right again" plus you may not have implicitly trashed CBB but you have thrown out more than your fair share of " BP did this" and " BP did that" and " 21 wins in 2 yrs!!!"

2.agree

3.agree

4.agree

5.agree

6.that is some next level hatred and venom. you should prolly talk to somebody about that, like a profesional. hating someone that much has got to be bad for your health.

7. you and the other guys wanting us to just get along and enjoy the win sure didnt have a problem argueing with anyone who liked CBB while we were losing. kudos to you for showing up on this thread tho its more than most of the others did.

8.agree

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 24, 2014, 09:14:04 am
I don't even get "yeah, but" comments. Not now. UA completely owns LSU, runs a mudhole in OM (with the back-up QB!), and we still have a yeah, but what about Chaney? What about...[insert here].

It was an absolutely brilliant move to kick to start the OM game. Showed confidence in the D, showed confidence in the offense to move the ball. A new level of strategic play.

The week before, we started seeing BA on the move, a lot. It shows that the OL is growing up and able to handle a few more things. We've seen screen passes slip into the mix, despite being told we weren't really equipped to do that well. Growth.

It is like the coaches are playing chess and the fanbase critics are playing checkers.

In the fan base critics' defense, they are playing checkers with the chess pieces.

demonHOG1013

Where's the guy that was hatin on Rohan Gaines? Sayin he was glad Liddell was "replacing" him.  Saying Gaines gave up big play after big play last year and in two years hasn't had an interception or a game changing play.  I guess Rohan reads Hogville and was ticked off.  Where's that guy??

hellwonthaveme

I was wrong. 100% wrong. I let my emotions get the best of me after a couple of heartbreaking losses. And I apologize to Coach Bielema for questioning his ability.

He builds it the old school way and I am an old school guy. They were built better, built to last and I believe this team is exactly that.

I still have a few minor concerns but feel Bret will correct those before next fall. I will not be shocked next year if this team is in Atlanta.

I was wrong and am damn glad of it.

PRJ

Dirty

Who would have thought this would have gone to four pages?

hogsanity

I was with a group watching the game Sat, no I was not at the game, and one of the people in the group, midway through the 4th Q says " they need to be throwing to get AA some practice, they need to air it out the last 8 minutes."  I just looked at him and asked what mental deficiency he had been diagnosed with.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Peter Porker

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2014, 09:13:02 am

1. No, not directly you did not.
2. Agree.
3. Funny you didn't name the linebackers. Is it because only of Petrino's recruits contributes? 5 out of our top 6 LBs are Bielema guys. You also failed to mention the true freshman that took Mitchel's spot. Is it because he also is a Bielema guy. We lacked depth on the defense, especially the back 7.
4. Agree.
5. Agree. Luckily, Coach Bielema is bringing loads of talent behind those guys so that we have the proper depth that an SEC defense should have.
6. I don't care that you despise Long. He's doing his job.
7. Agree, though I doubt you'd read that if the other side wasn't jumping on here after every loss saying, "Cee, he jus aint  uh gud coach."
8. I can see that.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hogpkins

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on November 24, 2014, 12:55:34 pm
I was wrong. 100% wrong. I let my emotions get the best of me after a couple of heartbreaking losses. And I apologize to Coach Bielema for questioning his ability.

He builds it the old school way and I am an old school guy. They were built better, built to last and I believe this team is exactly that.

I still have a few minor concerns but feel Bret will correct those before next fall. I will not be shocked next year if this team is in Atlanta.

PRJ

Dizzying to watch you gyrate back and forth between the two absolute extremes. Welcome back aboard this week. The hogs can be rough on the emotions, no doubt.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on November 24, 2014, 12:55:34 pm

PRJ

I understood the way you felt bro. We talked about it a little bit via PM on performance and direction the team needed to go. 

I'm glad things are coming together for the team. They deserve it and they definitely earned it. Success by this team and the staff is the QUICKEST road to Atlanta.
This is my non-signature signature.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2014, 01:59:17 pm
I understood the way you felt bro. We talked about it a little bit via PM on performance and direction the team needed to go. 

I'm glad things are coming together for the team. They deserve it and they definitely earned it. Success by this team and the staff is the QUICKEST road to Atlanta.

I agree 100%

PRJ

Hogwop

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2014, 02:27:22 pm

Did I call your name out anywhere in my post?  Did I reply to a post of yours?

Yeah dude you quoted me in that post that I quoted you in, nbd.
Pigga what?!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 23, 2014, 10:15:24 am
2nd this!  HiM will never man-up though

Harry Rex is watching too

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 06, 2014, 06:05:24 pm
If Hogs make a bowl this year, I will never post again on the internet re the Razorbacks.

Once again, who are and where are all these haters.  I read here a lot and I just don't read much HATE posts.  There are lots of negative writings and lots of ideas on how to FIX the problems.  But for every hate type post I have read over the past 18 months, there are at least 75 posts giving the HATERS hell much like many of the posts in this thread.  IF you just read the anti Hater posts, you would believe, of the thousands of Hogville members, maybe 40 percent are outright haters.  My belief is that far less than one percent of Hogvillers actually would use hate when talking about BB or Long or both.  There is some dislike.  I have dislike for Long.  Why do you call a press conference to fire someone. I fully agree that Petrino deserved to be fired but a PRESS CONFERENCE?? Are we SHOWDOGGING or WHAT?  I still do not believe BBs offensive scheme will win huge in this conference.  Never wavered and still am not.  I hope he proves me wrong, I sincerely do. 

20 days ago, I believe 80 percent of Hogville would say yes if asked was the program behind schedule in reaching its reasonable goals.  Today, maybe 10 percent would answer yes.  In the past 2 weeks our team has done some wonderful things by winning 2 shutout games against ranked opponnets.  This is the first time in NCAA history that an unranked team has shut out 2 ranked teams, back to back.  And the Hogs did it in their own conference.  That is a HUGE deal, VERY HUGE.  Here are some truths:  LSU hasn't been good all season.  Their O has sucked all season.  They were ranked 17th and I personally don't have a problem with 17th.  I think we beat a 17th valued team.  OM was ranked 8th.  They never were an 8th ranked team, not even when they beat BAMA.  BAMA wasn't even decent when they lost to OM or when they slid by us.  They stunk both games.  OM might be a 25 team but nothing more at this time.  Don't matter, we beat them, shut them out actually when the rank was #8.  Our O is still the same O we've seen most of the year.

We've seen those DUDS on D become a very good D AFTER they got some coaching.  Same DUDS, very different results.  Most on here agreed that the O had more talent than the D, yet who came to the front first and why? COACHING is why.

We've had the EAT CROW threads and the Haters come to Jesus threads after 2 respectable wins.  TWO WINS.  We are currently 2-13 in conference and we are looking at Altanta next season or we've removed all doubt as to the greatness of this program and its staff and an SEC championship is nearly ours to claim. 

Anyone hating our HC because he took an offered job at far more than he was earning at his last job is a Chump.  Anyone falling all over themselves and presuming SEC Championships as early as next year and declaring Haters as per their description to be non fans and seeing 2 wins as proof positive that we've turned the corner is also a Chump.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on November 23, 2014, 08:57:34 am
CBB and his staff are grown and get paid well. They can take it.

for me, it's not about whether the coaches can take it

it's about seeing people post who have no clue what they're talking about - most of the haters, or former haters now?, truly don't know much about the game of football

more than annoying