Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get ready to be whistle whipped

Started by KennyForAD, November 22, 2014, 10:59:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HSVhogfan2

As did the TX refs. Oh yeah, and if AR joins the ACC it will be those damn Carolina refs. Geez, been hearing this crap for 50 years.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JONAS on November 22, 2014, 01:00:49 pm
You are 100% correct.  The SEC screws us every chance they get.
it's so obvious. I am truly baffled that some can't see it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on November 22, 2014, 01:05:18 pm
As did the TX refs. Oh yeah, and if AR joins the ACC it will be those damn Carolina refs. Geez, been hearing this crap for 50 years.
sad we can't get it fixed.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

razorbackkid

Actually it started when Nixon signed that executive order in the fourth quarter of the '69 Texas game.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 22, 2014, 11:21:47 am
For the benefit of those sitting on the grassy knoll to watch today's game, the best way to get MisStake into the playoff is to demoralize and batter Ole Miss before the Egg Bowl.  The very last thing the SEC wants to see is a Mizzou-Ole Miss title game.

Ding, ding, ding! Chicken din...

HamIAm

The SEC will not get two teams in the playoff. 

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 22, 2014, 11:27:22 am
WTH?? Uh, they cost us A$M and Bammer games this year already. You are blind.

??? A&M games was on the team, a blatant personal foul call on the greatest offensive lineman in school history (sarcasm) and a young defense and offense stalling in the 4th quarter. Refs had nothing to do with it.

And how any football fan with an ounce of intelligence could say the refs cost us the Alabama game is beyond me. I don't remember the refs turning the ball over three times in that game.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

PorkerOinker

There is no money to be made in screwing Arkansas, week in and week out. The refs sure didn't throw the calls Ole Miss way in the LSU game? Ridiculous that some of you are so scared the Hogs might lose today that you start making excuses for a loss that has not happened 4 hours before the game.

mlloyd4

While I appreciate the PSA about SEC Refs rigging games, I'm more concerned with turnovers and legitimate penalties than phantom whistles. If the phantom calls come in this game, or there are a bunch of non-calls against Ole Miss, I'll wait until the game is actually being played or is over to discuss.
WPS

HogMantheIntruder

Thank God for this thread. To think, I was about to waste three hours of my life watching this debacle!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

PorkerOinker

Boy I am glad the Hogs squeaked by after the screwing the refs gave us today :):)

WJBilly

Quote from: PorkerOinker on November 22, 2014, 06:13:41 pm
Boy I am glad the Hogs squeaked by after the screwing the refs gave us today :):)
I'm glad also, it was close for 5 maybe 10 minutes of the game! ;) ;D

jrulz83

What happened to the refs today? They picked up two flags on Arkansas, I guess Jeff Long got to the head of officials.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

SquidBilly

There were a lot of calls missed today but no game changers.  The punch will be turned into the league office and they'll take care of that.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 22, 2014, 06:29:36 pm
There were a lot of calls missed today but no game changers.  The punch will be turned into the league office and they'll take care of that.

A lot really??? No there wasn't, this game was called as good as one I have seen this year.

ChicoHog

And we will hear for it another 50 more.  Some people cannot believe that the players and coaches actually decide games, not some conspiracy theory. 

SquidBilly

Quote from: PorkerOinker on November 22, 2014, 06:58:28 pm
A lot really??? No there wasn't, this game was called as good as one I have seen this year.

There was a lot of after the whistle stuff going on.  That punch was thrown right in front of the official and no flag came out.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 22, 2014, 07:05:07 pm
There was a lot of after the whistle stuff going on.  That punch was thrown right in front of the official and no flag came out.

Outside of the punch very little went on that deserved flags if anything. So once again there was not a lot of stuff missed tonight.

mlloyd4

LOL, so very glad that this thread is such a fail.
WPS

regi

For the dude that started this thread, those rules of SEC officials shinanigans, don't apply to bottom feeding programs like Ole Miss

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 22, 2014, 10:59:14 am
The SEC wants two teams in the playoff.   Bama and MissSt not only need to win out, but MissSt needs to make a big splash in the Egg Bowl.   If we beat Ole Miss today, they would have four losses after losing to Miss St and be out of the top 25. 

If you don't think the SEC rigs games, well...

Go watch Arkansas at Florida 2009.

OK, the Ole Miss game is history with our second shutout win in two weeks. Tell us what's going to happen at Missouri to screw us over. I am waiting to hear, so I can "book it."
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on November 22, 2014, 07:47:16 pm
OK, the Ole Miss game is history with our second shutout win in two weeks. Tell us what's going to happen at Missouri to screw us over. I am waiting to hear, so I can "book it."
I'm sure FCJ and all the other conspiracy theory Hogvillains will come up with something. 

claytongray

November 22, 2014, 10:08:36 pm #72 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:43:49 pm by claytongray
Quote from: PorkerOinker on November 22, 2014, 06:58:28 pm
Agreed.

It's pretty obvious that Bret Bielema has this team believing that they belong on the field with anyone. This team doesn't make excuses and behaves like a real contender. I hope I live long enough to see the day where the Arkansas fan base can act that way too.

KennyForAD

Hold it right there.  This has all been good and fun, but if you think we weren't cheated in the SWC, and against Florida in 06, well...   I don't know what to say.  They even had a freaking rule in the SWC which put us at a disadvantage and we got screwed over and over.   Have you forgotten the phantom interference against SMU that cost us the SWC championship?   All those crazy calls against Texas... all made by alumni of the schools we were playing... while our alumni and residents of our state were banned from reffing our games?   Frank Broyles cited the "Arkansas ref rule" as the No. 1 reason we were leaving the SWC... 

Yes.  Hog fans are paranoid about getting cheated.  But guess what?  Battered Woman Syndrome is real and we are the most cheated program in sports history.  If we are a little gun shy about refs and quick to jump the gun... we have earned the right.

KennyForAD

Quote from: JONAS on November 22, 2014, 01:00:49 pm
You are 100% correct.  The SEC screws us every chance they get.

Not anymore.  Its all over man.  Long is the most powerful man in football now, and we ain't getting screwed anymore.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkerOinker on November 22, 2014, 06:13:41 pm

Obviously, the PSA warning worked!   They had to call off the fix once they saw we were on to em.  duh

Break & Run

Quote from: razorbackkid on November 22, 2014, 11:08:47 am
Put the game out of reach early and the whistles will be irrelevant.  At least I hope so.  :)

you NAILED it!!!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Bubba's Bruisers

Speaking of refs screwing a team.  Anybody see the FSU/BC game?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

KennyForAD

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on November 22, 2014, 07:47:16 pm

The SEC loves us now.  No more worries.  Mizzou is toast.  Book it.  ;)

Hawgzinbowlz

The rain/cold messed up the headsets.

" GO HOGS "

Break & Run

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2014, 10:49:54 pm
Speaking of refs screwing a team.  Anybody see the FSU/BC game?

When Winston shoved that ref out of the way, I wanted to punch the ghetto punk.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

TeedupHigh

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 22, 2014, 10:59:14 am
The SEC wants two teams in the playoff.   Bama and MissSt not only need to win out, but MissSt needs to make a big splash in the Egg Bowl.   If we beat Ole Miss today, they would have four losses after losing to Miss St and be out of the top 25. 

If you don't think the SEC rigs games, well...

Go watch Arkansas at Florida 2009. 

When is the whistle whipping gonna start?