Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The real reason KJ Hill wears bow ties is because...

Started by Hawg_Thai'd, November 22, 2014, 07:22:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg_Thai'd

the long ties get in the way and I absolutely agree with him. Ties make me angry sometimes and I say meanful things to my tie. Bow ties would be much better when you want to bend over and pick something up. Bow ties are very convenient. I agree with KJ Hill.

That is all.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on November 22, 2014, 07:22:49 am
the long ties get in the way and I absolutely agree with him. Ties make me angry sometimes and I say meanful things to my tie. Bow ties would be much better when you want to bend over and pick something up. Bow ties are very convenient. I agree with KJ Hill.

That is all.

Interesting.  Ties originated from the military. 

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 22, 2014, 08:23:31 am
Interesting.  Ties originated from the military.

Thank you for taking me serious. I get tired of having to dedicate one arm to keeping my tie from flapping around. Bow ties are a good idea.

Choctaw Hog

November 22, 2014, 08:48:05 am #3 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:21:48 am by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on November 22, 2014, 08:36:02 am

Thank you for taking me serious. I get tired of having to dedicate one arm to keeping my tie from flapping around. Bow ties are a good idea.

Bow ties come and go and some people can pull them off and some can't.  I'm sort of a history buff and like to delve into how things happened, why they happened and the origin. 

gumbohog

"No ties" are an even better idea. I wore ties during some of my career in Dallas and now, just don't wear them...other then weddings and funerals :-)

rzrbackramsfan

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 22, 2014, 09:02:51 am
Functionality aside, ties look cool.

When standing straight taking a picture, yes. Eating a ceasar salad at the Sizzler makes things complicated. Recruit=eating healthy on a visit. yadda yadda.

Vantage 8 dude

ricepig

Hogfaniam

Ties are useless other than wiping your mouth at the Sizzler
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

1highhog

I have around 200 ties, I like wearing them, but I'm also married to a sane woman.  Never wear a tie if your shacking up with some crazy bitch.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: 1highhog on November 22, 2014, 10:40:05 am
I have around 200 ties, I like wearing them, but I'm also married to a sane woman.  Never wear a tie if your shacking up with some crazy bitch.

I have something very clever to say, but this is the Recruiting Forum. I will respect that. Thank you Lanny, Doug, All.

Smokehouse

I wear bowties myself, but there are plenty of options for keeping a tie in place other than using one arm. Vest, clip, tie tack...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Hawg_Thai'd

Remarkable! I see myself on Amazon very soon looking into this matter. If I could make my life happier with a tie that I don't even have to tie is genious. Thanks guys.

ZERO

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on November 22, 2014, 08:36:02 am

If only someone could invent some sort of clipping or stapling device/mechanism to prevent this from happening. And if only such an invention could catch on to the mainstream and be readily available at stores everywhere.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ZERO on November 23, 2014, 11:12:51 am
If only someone could invent some sort of clipping or stapling device/mechanism to prevent this from happening. And if only such an invention could catch on to the mainstream and be readily available at stores everywhere.

You could get the ShamWow guy to sell it.
This is my non-signature signature.