Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema coach of the year?

Started by ArkRazr, November 21, 2014, 08:38:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkRazr

If we secured a win over ole miss and Missouri could Bielema see coach of the year?

trashcan maN

If Dan Mullen wins the Egg Bowl, he wins it going away. He may get it regardless

razorbackchamps94

No .. If he would had won 8 games would had came close...

SPAL

hollywood hog

Quote from: ArkRazr on November 21, 2014, 08:38:07 pm
If we secured a win over ole miss and Missouri could Bielema see coach of the year?

Dan Mullen and Gary Patterson did better jobs.  If Pinkel ends up in the SECc game again he should be considered.  Weakest schedule in the league or not.  Back to back SEC championship games in his first 2 years in the league would be a pretty impressive achievement. 

Uncommon

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 21, 2014, 08:41:30 pm
No .. If he would had won 8 games would had came close...
This.  If we would've went 8-4 this year, Bielema would've/should've been Coach of the Year.

ArkRazr

Don't know if that's ever happened to an 8-5 team but with the schedule we have and turn around that we've seen and will keep seeing in these next 2 games, hopefully 3 games ... I was just thinking.

Doug

Quote from: hollywoodDan Mullen and Gary Patterson did better jobs.  If Pinkel ends up in the SECc game again he should be considered.  Weakest schedule in the league or not.  Back to back SEC championship games in his first 2 years in the league would be a pretty impressive achievement.
Fail, fail fail.... first year was 2012. SEC East Champs were Georgia, not Mizzou. Remember, Mizzou was projected to do better in the SEC than Texas A&M was. Mizzou went 5-7 (2-6), while TAMU went 11-2 (6-2).

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jmb1973

Quote from: Doug on November 21, 2014, 08:53:21 pm
Fail, fail fail.... first year was 2012. SEC East Champs were Georgia, not Mizzou. Remember, Mizzou was projected to do better in the SEC than Texas A&M was. Mizzou went 5-7 (2-6), while TAMU went 11-2 (6-2).

I'm disappointed an Admin would bring facts into the discussion. What are you trying to do to Hogville?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Uncommon

Doug

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" AndersonPut the LSD away!
Jeff, don't you mean "LDS"?

--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Wild Bill Hog

HSVhogfan2

College Football Hall of Fame, maybe?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

60 Minutes of Hell

Honestly not trying to derail the thread, but it brings up an interesting thought.  How will CBB's success compare with that of Charlie Strong over the next couple of years?  CBB started in a bigger hole and a year early, but both are trying to re-build and re-brand their programs.  And I think both will have success.  Just not sure how much and how soon.
What a fool I used to be.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Uncommon on November 21, 2014, 08:46:59 pm
This.  If we would've went 8-4 this year, Bielema would've/should've been Coach of the Year.
Looking back we should had won 8 games ..

warhog943006

If we win out and really play a good game against a decent opponent in the bowl you would have to give him serious consideration!!!! Think about how much better we are this year and how close our losses were, is that not the sign of a good coach. I think the best job he did was to keep this team coming back week after week and playing hard!!! He kept them playing hard and sharp except for the the first half of Georgia but he got them to play the second half!!!! HE HAS MY VOTE!!!!!! We are headed up in the morning, one game at a time! GO HOGS and thank you god for making me a RAZORBACK!!!!   

LZH

Will Muschamp will win it this year before BB does.  C'mon.  Had we beaten Alabama, A&M, and MSU, then yeah, he would have deserved it.  That will have to wait 'til next year.

I agree with Mullen for COTY.  I yakked all summer about how he'd lose his job after another sub-par performance this year.  Ooops.

Horthawg

Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

HawgTrough

Y'all are down playing his accomplishments......shoulda, woulda coach of the year
WPS

20hog11

Beat A&M and either bama or miss st, and this would have been a possibility. Mullen will likely be coach of the year and it'll be well deserved. Coach B is doing a great job in his second season, and everyone can see that, but the success that Mullen has had this year makes him coach of the year.

BadHog

I understand the love for Bielema but seriously?????
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Tejano Jawg

I was talking about this with my tailgate group tonight. Win the last 3...should be a considered. But it'll be Mullen.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hollywood hog

Quote from: Doug on November 21, 2014, 08:53:21 pm

I think a single "fail" would have been appropriate.  But yes, that was a fail no doubt by me.  Still, Mizzou back to back in it's 3rd year in the league is pretty impressive.  Pinkel does a great job with what he has.

moses_007

Good grief, just because Bielema is making us better doesn't get him coach of the year, either in the national stage, or in the SEC either.  Dan Mullen has taken Mississippi State from nowhere to No.1 for what, three straight weeks?  Mullen deserves national coach of the year, and SEC coach of the year too.

Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

AugustaHog

If he gets to 8 wins, that will be a heck of a feat.  It's hard to dismiss an 11 win MSU though. 

Dirty

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 22, 2014, 01:59:15 am
I think a single "fail" would have been appropriate.  But yes, that was a fail no doubt by me.  Still, Mizzou back to back in it's 3rd year in the league is pretty impressive.  Pinkel does a great job with what he has.

Back to Back what?  Championship game?  They still have games to play.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dirty on November 22, 2014, 07:58:39 am
Back to Back what?  Championship game?  They still have games to play.
Don't they play Tennessee today?

BorderPatrol

Nick Miles has it in the bag, and it isn't even close.

bp

RazorWild

Dak is making Mullen golden.   I'm not a fan....

Doug

Off topic (of course): Mizzou is gonna drop their last two games. SEC East Chumps will be Jawja... again.
--Doug

mhsbc59

National coach of the years should go to Justin Fuente the Memphis head coach.  he took over the worst program in the county 2 years ago and with 2 more wins in Games where they will be favored by double digits they will win the AAC conference.  Memphis had a 4 quarter lead at UCLA and where in a one score game at ole miss until the last 3 minutes of the game there.   if Arkansas gets to a bowl game we could end up playing the Memphis tigers and that will be a good game.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

hog911

You don't become come coach of the year by only meeting expectations. Yes, we seem to be headed in the right direction.

Doug

Quote from: hog911You don't become come coach of the year by only meeting expectations. Yes, we seem to be headed in the right direction.
Here's the thing... Bielema not only has met those expectations, he's exceeded them. He said that this would be a major rebuild and that it would take 4 years to get all of his pieces into place.

Last year proved that. The Auburn game all but proved that. After the loss to Auburn... we started seeing a different team (aside from the UGA game). Four of the losses were to Top 10 teams, by an average of 7 points. One touchdown.

By my calculations, this actually puts us right around the 2.5 year mark in a 4 year rebuild phase... with two games left.

Win today and beat Mizzou next week... yeah, we'll be a full year ahead of schedule, IMHO... maybe even more.

I doubt it'll happen, but after holding a Top 25 ranked team scoreless for the first time since the 1960s... if the Hogs can do it again... yeah... we're going to be a seriously dominating team next season.

Long story short, Bielema's exceeded most LOGICAL expectations this year. I wouldn't name him FBS coach of the year, but he would definitely be my SEC Coach of the year.
--Doug

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

1highhog

I've said since before the season started that if CBB went 7-5 this year not including the Bowl Game he should win SEC Coach of the year.  But, he won't even if he does, because Mullen will get it for Miss State for their run this year.

Cinco de Hogo

Why do fans do this when you know there is no chance?

Maybe next year!   ;)

jrulz83

It comes down to Mullens (or is it Mullins, maybe it's Mullin I can't tell for sure reading through this thread) or Pinkle.

I found it, it's spelled like this right?

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

popcornhog

It's gotta be Dan Mullen, regardless of the egg bowl outcome. But if we win these last two, Coach B would finish #2.
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 21, 2014, 08:45:59 pm
Dan Mullen and Gary Patterson did better jobs.  If Pinkel ends up in the SECc game again he should be considered.  Weakest schedule in the league or not.  Back to back SEC championship games in his first 2 years in the league would be a pretty impressive achievement.

Patterson doesn't even coach in the SEC. What are you talking about?
WPS

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Seriously?   Over Mullen?
BB has had a good year, considering competition and where we are within the rebuild, but are you joking?

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

1highhog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 22, 2014, 02:32:23 am
Good grief, just because Bielema is making us better doesn't get him coach of the year, either in the national stage, or in the SEC either.  Dan Mullen has taken Mississippi State from nowhere to No.1 for what, three straight weeks?  Mullen deserves national coach of the year, and SEC coach of the year too.

You do realize that Mullen has been underperforming at Miss State for how long now?  This is his first good year since bring there.  What's his team full of?  Miss State will suck next year count on it.  So one good year in how many?  CBB has done a miracleous job here at the UofA, here we were in the deep pits of hell, he was hired in the latter parts of recruiting last her and still it together a descent enough class to have some be our starters last year and this year as well, that shows how bad off this team was, and with the Nations toughest schedule with a young team that had forgot how to win, still kept them motivated all through this year never giving up.  If people can't see that this guy isn't the man for this job, its simply because they don't want to see.

PORKULATOR

If he wins out,  he's probably like honorable mention, but Mullings should win it. Dean Mullings
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Qhog

Definitely not BB.  Yes, it's obvious they've improved a lot and are on the right track.  But, you gotta get the Ws, moral victories only go so far.  Now, if they go 6-2 in conference next year, then you'll see the support.

hollywood hog

Quote from: Doug on November 22, 2014, 08:38:43 am
Off topic (of course): Mizzou is gonna drop their last two games. SEC East Chumps will be Jawja... again.

Fail! Fail! Fail!  Mizzou handled Tenner.  They will get their asses kicked come Saturday though.  Go Pigs!!!

Westcoasthog

Arkansas Football Coach Bret Bielema  COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH OF THE YEAR 2014!