Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we re-entering the era of Richardson/Pitino?

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, November 20, 2014, 03:44:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

We finally have the horses to bring back those classic yearly battles!

PP

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

secfan30

It def looked like a lot like 40 min of hell last night

RedSoxFan

Pulled(PP)pork

RedSoxFan

I don't see how a blowout of a terrible team means we are back. I will say we are better in terms of depth than last year. CMA is getting his type of guys in there. We are a few pieces away. Round of 32 or bust.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

z1on

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 20, 2014, 09:22:46 pm
CMA has a pretty good record vs JC

6-6 I believe and that's counting his less talented UAB teams vs Memphis.

Pulled(PP)pork

Easy turbo!  I'm not saying we are a final 4 team, just that we have the talent to keep up with Kentucky

PP

FearTheTusk91

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 20, 2014, 09:55:02 pm
Easy turbo!  I'm not saying we are a final 4 team, just that we have the talent to keep up with Kentucky

PP

That's quite a hefty statement.  Talent-wise, I mean, they have 9 McDonald's All Americans; their whole lineup is full of NBA talent.  Ours?  Not exactly.  I'm not so sure this year, I need to see more of Kentucky against good teams (and the Hogs on the road), but the way they played Kansas (granted, Kansas was just awful) makes me wonder if anyone other than maybe Arizona, Duke, or Wisconsin can really beat them. 

WarPig88

Quote from: FearTheTusk91 on November 20, 2014, 11:54:06 pm
That's quite a hefty statement.  Talent-wise, I mean, they have 9 McDonald's All Americans; their whole lineup is full of NBA talent.  Ours?  Not exactly.  I'm not so sure this year, I need to see more of Kentucky against good teams (and the Hogs on the road), but the way they played Kansas (granted, Kansas was just awful) makes me wonder if anyone other than maybe Arizona, Duke, or Wisconsin can really beat them.

Kentucky only has 3 quality guards right now, the Harrisons and Ulis. Booker may become one before it's all said and done, but he would get his lunch ate and the bag he brought it in would get popped by our guards right now.

The whole point to MA's system is to exploit the any mismatches at the guard spots because without the guards to get them the ball, big men aren't as effective.

By the way, Kansas is over rated. UCSB pushed them pretty hard at home the other day.

cbhawg03

I think we have a lot better chance to beat Kentucky than Wisconsin, not really sure about Arizona or Duke. Wisconsin wants to play slow and keep it a half court game, well that is how they have played in years past. That strategy plays right into the hands of Kentucky, the slower you play the more the height of Kentucky comes into play.

The faster you play, the more vulnerable those big men become.

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: HF#1 on November 20, 2014, 03:53:24 pm
Kind of...  Calapari/Anderson will develop.

Anderson has owned Calipari up to this point. 

TheArkansasTraveller

Well, Anderson has beaten UK 3 of the last 4.