Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wake Forest Player Evals

Started by azhog10, November 20, 2014, 08:00:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

I will be brief with this, as it was a great game for us, but Wake honestly didn't even make it interesting. The shot poorly and our pressure defense really caused havoc on them.

Starters:
Rashad Madden: I thought Rashad played well. Much better than he has in this early season. Had a few plays that still make me scratch my head, but the fact is that he is the one guy who can create his own shot consistently and it's important to have a guy like that. He shot well from three.

Bobby Portis: I thought he forced things early. But settled in later on in the game. Offensively this kid is ready for the NBA. Defensively he is not. Wake had a decent big man, not great, but decent, and he was working Bobby on the other end. Add to the fact that Portis does not block out (i know so does half our team) but when he switches onto a small guy, that guy is able to out hustle him to the boards. He's got to put more of a focus on getting a body on someone and being a force on the defensive glass.

Harris: Not big on his shot selection early. I also wasn't pleased with his defense early. But he attacks the glass on both ends, and if we can get him to simma down on his crazy quick shots he will be just fine.

Qualls: Qualls was Qualls. I thought he also picked up his play when Jabril and Jacorey came into the game. That started the blowout.

Bell: He was kinda quiet tonight. Hit a big three to start the 2nd half for us but besides that he didn't dominate by any means but also didn't hurt us too much on offense.

Bench

I will talk about them as a whole because I thought each guy fed off the other. Our bench was dominant tonight and truly picked things up when they came into the game. No doubt our depth and bench will be what wins us many ball games this year. Jacorey, Jabril, Manny, and Anton did an exceptional job forcing turnovers and moving the ball and getting good shots. Anton still wants to take some "high school" jump shots from time to time, but hopefully he works that out of his system. Besides that I don't have a lot of negative things to say. Moses came in and also provided some great shot blocking and rebounding.

As a whole we looked much better. I think Alabama State could beat Wake Forest. I also think that Wake missed quite a few open looks. We are not doing a great job helping the helper. We are good at helping over, but it's the 2nd and sometimes third guy that fails to get out on the open man and rotate over. Some of that is our younger guys, but a lot of it is poor communication and just no urgency to get out on an open guy. Wake wasn't hitting so that didn't help.

All in all not a bad night for us.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Wake is not good....not good at all. Hopefully they can improve and win some ACC games to help our resume.  With that said it is a good sign that we were able to drill them and take care of business without a struggle.

Going over friday night to see the program Alex Dillard torched 21 years ago!

Team is extreley fun to watch at times.