Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard!!!!

Started by rzrbackramsfan, November 19, 2014, 08:46:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

This guy came to play! He's going to get some minutes this year.  I see what mike means on how he is mean defense.  Nice shot too.

songofthesword

I made a thread last year saying he was the best basketball player in the state last year and got laughed off the board.  he needs to learn the Offense and what mike wants but he's the truth.  can play D, has an almost automatic stroke. he's corey beck with a 3 pont stroke

elksnort

First time I've seen him. I like his passing

trashcan maN

TheRazorbackGuy

Beard is the lefty! Where is Babb and Thompson?

rzrbackramsfan

Hollywood_HOGan45

Really like this team so far.

Very very very deep.

TulsaJack32

Impressed with him.  I think he will be a major contributor this year as the season goes. 

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 19, 2014, 09:11:16 pm
Beard is the lefty! Where is Babb and Thompson?
Babb hit a three

Danny J

Durham, Bell and to an extent Babb are already improving quite a bit in their overall understanding of what CMA wants to do. We are going to be a pretty good ball club come end of January. Right now we are going to play well then struggle....repeat. I think we are going to struggle early on the road but we have to figure out a way to win at least one game at Clemson, ISU or SMU.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J on November 19, 2014, 10:13:05 pm
Durham, Bell and to an extent Babb are already improving quite a bit in their overall understanding of what CMA wants to do. We are going to be a pretty good ball club come end of January. Right now we are going to play well then struggle....repeat. I think we are going to struggle early on the road but we have to figure out a way to win at least one game at Clemson, ISU or SMU.
Work on free throws...

The_Iceman

Quote from: songofthesword on November 19, 2014, 08:58:00 pm
I made a thread last year saying he was the best basketball player in the state last year and got laughed off the board.  he needs to learn the Offense and what mike wants but he's the truth.  can play D, has an almost automatic stroke. he's corey beck with a 3 pont stroke

I'm still laughing at you. Beard is a good player, but he isn't as good as Malik Monk.

BentonvilleJeff

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 19, 2014, 10:32:52 pm
I'm still laughing at you. Beard is a good player, but he isn't as good as Malik Monk.

Saw Monk at the UAB fball game. Portis made a point to go over from his seat and greet him and shake hands.

This is my first eye test on Beard. Love his game and shot. Seems like a strong kid too. Just what we need in our system.

TaylorHog

Corey Beck not yet, But a good job tonight.

Medic821

Atlhogfan1

Beck was a good 3pt shooter. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Beaverfever

Madden better step up this year or the new guys could start stealing his minutes.  He's so talented and when he's good he really takes the team to another level but we can't wait for him to graduate to be a steady producer.  I'm pumped about the new guys.  All of them save Thompson look ready to be legitimate contributors.  Thompson might be there as well mid-season.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 20, 2014, 12:19:32 am
Madden better step up this year or the new guys could start stealing his minutes.  He's so talented and when he's good he really takes the team to another level but we can't wait for him to graduate to be a steady producer.  I'm pumped about the new guys.  All of them save Thompson look ready to be legitimate contributors.  Thompson might be there as well mid-season.

How about Bell and Qualls? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 20, 2014, 12:25:30 am
How about Bell and Qualls? 
Qualls has a role on the team that only he can fill.  Bell is in the same boat as Madden but he doesn't have near the potential so I didn't see it necessary to mention him.  Bell needs to start standing out quick.  His minutes will take a hit immediately if he doesn't.  Madden has a longer rope because we are a really dangerous team if he plays like he is capable of.

lefty08

In this offense there is room for everyone. We need every single player to step up. I think babb is good but he s buried somewhat. We are loaded at guard all of a sudden
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The_Iceman

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 20, 2014, 12:34:42 am
Qualls has a role on the team that only he can fill.  Bell is in the same boat as Madden but he doesn't have near the potential so I didn't see it necessary to mention him.  Bell needs to start standing out quick.  His minutes will take a hit immediately if he doesn't.  Madden has a longer rope because we are a really dangerous team if he plays like he is capable of.

Bell will be fine. Last night just wasn't his night. Other players stepped up and he wasn't really needed. He didn't try to force anything. There will be games when we will need Bell to get us out of a scoring drought.

popcornhog

Nothing against Beard but Portis is unequivocally the best player in the state.
WPS

Pork Twain

This is my favorite group of newcomers that I can remember.  I love having Beard on the floor.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Cresthog

Love having a lefty PG. Especially one with a decent stroke.

Loved Kareem Reid when he was here, one of my favorite Hogs but lord he couldn't throw it in the ocean from outside.

The_Iceman

Beard reminds me of Derek Fisher.

ra2ford

Beard reminds me an awful lot of a young Derek Fisher

NLRHog92

Quote from: ra2ford on November 20, 2014, 08:53:02 am
Beard reminds me an awful lot of a young Derek Fisher

Been thinking this for awhile. Same build, same motions, same mentality. Love it!

poloprince

Beard is the next mighty mouse, if you know what i mean.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

hawgmasta

Solid all around game. Nothing super flashy but that's not necessarily a bad thing with him.

mhuff

Quote from: popcornhog on November 20, 2014, 06:32:04 am
Nothing against Beard but Portis is unequivocally the best player in the state.

Although he did not say it Popcorn and Ice, I believe Song was saying Beard was the best player in the state...... in his classification last year. That is the only way his statement would be legitimate to me.

passinghog

mhuff

Quote from: Danny J on November 19, 2014, 10:13:05 pm

We have to play that pressure defense and yes, as PonderinHog says, " Hit our FT'S." I am gaining faith in this team to be able to win on the road...... if we will continue to pressure the ball. We did it numerous ways last night.... but I loved it when the opposition crossed half court and we swarmed them in a double team forcing a TO.

Danny J

Quote from: mhuff on November 20, 2014, 09:28:53 pm
We have to play that pressure defense and yes, as PonderinHog says, " Hit our FT'S." I am gaining faith in this team to be able to win on the road...... if we will continue to pressure the ball. We did it numerous ways last night.... but I loved it when the opposition crossed half court and we swarmed them in a double team forcing a TO.
And I will also add that this team has swagger. Qualls and Portis are the two that really jump out in that regard. The mentality to win on the road/neutral sites consistently is what this team was missing last year and the last several years for that matter. Once they get over that hurdle, it could come Tuesday, then we will be on our way. We can't lose on the road to bad teams. We have to win some road games against good teams. We are not really going to get a lot of shots for big time quality wins at home this year. Hard to say with our SEC home games which teams are going to be good this season. I do know that Dayton will likely serve as a quality win come selection time. The only other two for sure guaranteed big time wins will be at ISU, UF and UK. We need to get at least one of those games. Have too.

upperdeck_hawg

he's corey beck with a 3 pont stroke

Easy there. You're talking about one of the top 3 point guards off all time to wear a Razorback uniform.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

blu

Beard looks like he belongs out there - relaxed and confident. Impressive for his second college game.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Cresthog

rusvegashog

Beards beens playing so well because it's Movember.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hawg Red

I made a thread last year saying he was the best basketball player in the state last year and got laughed off the board. 

With good reason. He was the 3rd best player in the state last year. Could even argue that Kahron Ross was better as a HS senior.

Pork Twain

His nose for taking a charge reminds me a lot of Beck
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Speedracer

He just grew up some from that last 30 second stent
Like smites bother me.