Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Season ticket sales increase.

Started by ricepig, November 19, 2014, 03:43:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Looks like a small increase in season ticket sales this year. What do think is a good number for us considering all the positives and negatives of TV, schedules, and results?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/nov/19/season-ticket-sales-increase/

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2014, 03:43:44 pm
Looks like a small increase in season ticket sales this year. What do think is a good number for us considering all the positives and negatives of TV, schedules, and results?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/nov/19/season-ticket-sales-increase/

This is fans having become accustomed to not being forced to have season tickets to guarantee they can get in to see a game.  10,000 is a low number for our program but I understand it. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

The fact that we really don't have a marquee game on the home schedule such as Florida, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Texas, Syracuse, Michigan didnt help matters.

I like playing WF and Dayton but I wuoldn't mind seeing Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas, etc etc appear on the home slate.  Somebody huge like ohio state, michigan, Cuse wouldnt be bad either.

For the fans to come back in droves again on a regular basis, there needs to be big time winning again.

Art Vandalay

I would love to buy season tickets but for a family of four that would be over $2,000 a year and I am already a season ticket holder for football.  I wish they would make the face value for the weaker non conference opponents about $15 a game. I think sales and attendance would go up.
My favorite sports team is superior to your favorite sports team.

bwbcpa

Being a season ticket holder for years, you get to know a lot of the other ticket holders around you. Last couple of years I started seeing unfamiliar faces, so I started asking questions. Turns out, these new faces were people that bought at the window and poached seats to sit near my season ticket spots. Doesn't make much sense to donate and buy the season package when you can do just as well by showing up 10 minutes before game time, buy the tickets for $20 and pretty much sit where you want. And, you only have to pay for the game you attend. This year, because of this and several other factors, I made the painful decision to not renew - a decision I may regret if we get back to the winning ways of the 90's.

HotlantaHog

I agree that the schedule is not very favorable -- no marquee games like Florida or Kentucky. It is a tough schedule, but some of the best games -- Iowa State, SMU, Kentucky, Florida -- are on the road. Dayton is a good nonconference opponent and should draw a crowd on a Saturday but not a marquee game.

Dominicanhog

with 10,000 for a name like Wake... what ore the thoughts on ever having sellouts for mid week games... will only a National Title rekindle the passion?

Sueie

Quote from: bwbcpa on November 19, 2014, 07:11:35 pm
Being a season ticket holder for years, you get to know a lot of the other ticket holders around you. Last couple of years I started seeing unfamiliar faces, so I started asking questions. Turns out, these new faces were people that bought at the window and poached seats to sit near my season ticket spots. Doesn't make much sense to donate and buy the season package when you can do just as well by showing up 10 minutes before game time, buy the tickets for $20 and pretty much sit where you want. And, you only have to pay for the game you attend. This year, because of this and several other factors, I made the painful decision to not renew - a decision I may regret if we get back to the winning ways of the 90's.

I put two guys down on the floor chair back seats last year.  Those go for about 18,000 per year I think.  Did not cost them ONE penny. Had someone give them to me and told me to give the damn things to someone looking for a ticket.  Had people give me Suite tickets and let the people sit in the suites and eat with them also for FREE.  Now they hired a new company in charge of the ushers and the whole thing is FRICKED up.  But it will be better in the future.  Hopefully their contract will NOT be renewed but with our intelligent people in charge they MIGHT get an extension.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

Just saying you do NOT have to make a huge donation to sit in good seats.  But people can spend their money how they see fit.

lstewart

Had season tickets from the national championship year up to a few years ago. My son was playing junior high, and then high school basketball, and it got to be work to go to so many games. Son is in college now, so we picked them back up this year. My wife was more into it than me... I was happy to go to 4 or 5 games and watch others on tv, but it is fun. I assume if we can get really good again that it will pick back up.