Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11-19 Big Board

Started by MH04, November 19, 2014, 01:43:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MH04

November 19, 2014, 01:43:47 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:07:49 pm by MH04
Commits
1. QB Ty Storey
2. RB Rawleigh Williams III
3. WR Deon Stewart
4. WR K.J. Hill
5. TE Austin Cantrell
6. TE C.J. O'Grady
7. TE Will Gragg
8. OT Colton Jackson
9. OG Josh Allen
10. C Zach Rogers
11. DE Jamario Bell
12. DE/DT Hjalte Froholdt
13. DE/DT Daytrieon Dean
14. DE/DT Jeremiah Ledbetter
15. OLB Derrick Graham
16. OLB/S Dre Greenlaw
17. P Blake Johnson
18. ATH LaMichael Pettway

How Many Spots do we have left?
RD and DW have both said that there are 8 spots left to fill. They have also said that they do not think any of our commits will end up somewhere else on signing day. So it is sounding like we will try to take 26. I think we take 1 WR, 2 OL, 1 DE, 1 LB, 2 DB, and 1 best available, probably an RB.

QB:
Done here

RB: may take 1 more
Patrick Carr
Charles West
Ronald Jones- I don't know if we are still in contact with him but we were a player early in his recruitment and he recently backed off of his Okie St commitment

WR: If Reed qualifies we will take him and be done at WR.
Dominique Reed- has all the tools to be an absolute stud
Kahlil Lewis- A guy to keep an eye on, West Virginia commit with an impressive offer list and he can flat out play.

TE:
We are done at TE with 3 outstanding commits

OT: I think that we take 1 more here (probably Merrick)
Tyler Howell- Just go done with his Arkansas OV and is now headed to take some other visits.
Jalen Merrick- Was here for OM game for an official. He said the visit was great, we will probably get him.

OG: Barnett is our guy here.
Jalin Barnett- Seems that the hogs are in the lead for this big time guard.

C:
Done at this spot as well

DT:
Done here

DE: We will try to sign one more DE
Porter Gustin- Coach B went and visited Porter during the bye-week. Still trying to get him to come for an official.
TJ Smith- Vandy Commit that was offered during the bye-week.
Gabriel Campbell- Hogs are trying to get him for an OV, long shot though at this point.

LB: I believe we take 1 more
Reggie Walker- He has the hogs as his #1 without even visiting, seems that the hogs have a few people that they are waiting on before him though.
Kendrick Jackson- An Arizona Commit who just got qualified and is now very interested in the hogs, will OV after season.
Rayshad Jackson- LB out of Florida that we might end up with, will probably commit if given the green light. He will also take an OV after the season.
Juwan Taylor- The Hogs are turning up the heat on this Georgia commit.

DB: I think we take 2
Sheldrick Redwine- He could play corner or safety at the next level. I can't get a good read on him but Arkansas is definitely a top school for Sheldrick.
Jeremiah Dinson- A Kentucky commit, he will visit the hogs and we have a great shot.
Ryan Pulley- Not too much new info on him, but we have a shot.
Kahlil Haughton- Lots of people think that it is a two horse race between OU and Baylor but I think we have put ourselves in a great position with Kahlil.
Antonyo Sotolongo- Teammate of Hog Cornelius Floyd in high school, if we really go after this kid I think we get him.
Kylan Johnson- Big time kid out of Skyline high school in Dallas, Hogs are his #1.
Brandon Scott- Danny West just tweeted about him being one to watch out for today, would be an awesome pickup.
Marcus Walker- Another Kentucky commit, this time at Safety. I think the hogs still have a shot here as well.
Carlton Davis- An Ohio State commitment who is teammates with LB prospect Rayshad Jackson, he will take an OV with Rayshad after the season.
Nate Dalton- A big Corner at 6'2'' or maybe even a little taller. Has offers from Kentucky and Utah. Arkansas has not offered yet, but is very interested.

NLRHog92

November 19, 2014, 01:52:21 pm #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:53:09 pm by NLRHog92
1.) They may have said none choose to go elsewhere, but may have to. Might be a grades issue as far as the 8 versus 7 left to sign goes.
2.) Reed's holdup is again due to grades. Coaches have probably told him to hold off on a public commitment until that issue is clarified and resolved, although he might be a private commit.

Good job on this and thanks for updating, seeing the big picture all right there in front of you can really help.

Huckleberry Pig

really appreciate this, +1 if I could

Virgil

Thanks for info and once again great job with the details.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

BatesvilleHOG

It is no secret that Reed will be a Razorback should he qualify.

I really like our chances with Gustin should we get him here on a visit. Will be tough to pull him away from USC or Notre Dame but it's not impossible.

I really hope we land Haughton but I believe he ultimately lands at Baylor.

Redwine, Barnett, and Merrick will be Hogs.

Dark Helmet Hog

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

redeye

WaltonCollege

I like redwine but I don't think he's mentioned a visit date and bielema doesn't consider them unless they visit. Really hope Merrick picks us could b the next plug and play like denver but he's under a lot of pressure to stay home. Gustin is a longshot. Those Kentucky commits should flip.

greenie

DallasHogFan

What makes you think we have the lead over OU for Barnett? Most recruiting sites have 95% lock to OU? Not being smart, really just wondering if there's some news out there.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

MH04

Quote from: DallasHogFan on November 19, 2014, 09:54:27 pm
What makes you think we have the lead over OU for Barnett? Most recruiting sites have 95% lock to OU? Not being smart, really just wondering if there's some news out there.

If you are talking about 247s crystal ball, its a cool feature but it usually only means something when somebody gets a bunch of predictions for a team in a short amount of time. Barnett's recruitment for OU is a lot like Tenpenny or Frazier for us, he likes OU for sure but if he wanted to go there he would've already committed. They also already have 5 O lineman committed

schmeck

Based on your big board, we still need a RB, OL x2, DB x2, DE, WR, Plus best available....  That's cool.  I just called Santa and told him I've been a good little boy and you know what he said?

RB - Charles West 3*
OL - Jalin Barnett 4*
OL - Jalen Merrick 4*
DB - Sheldrick Redwine 3*
DB - Kahlil Haughton 4*
OLB/DE - Porter Gustin 5*
WR - Dominique Reed 4*

That would give us 1 5* and 10 4 * recruits this year according to 24/7 and would vault us into 11th place nationally based on current rankings.  THANK YOU SANTA CLAUS!!!
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

hogfan870

Quote from: schmeck on November 21, 2014, 09:34:25 am
Based on your big board, we still need a RB, OL x2, DB x2, DE, WR, Plus best available....  That's cool.  I just called Santa and told him I've been a good little boy and you know what he said?

RB - Charles West 3*
OL - Jalin Barnett 4*
OL - Jalen Merrick 4*
DB - Kahlil Haughton 4*
WR - Dominique Reed 4*

That would give us 1 5* and 10 4 * recruits this year according to 24/7 and would vault us into 11th place nationally based on current rankings.  THANK YOU SANTA CLAUS!!!

For some reason I always want to know the star ranking also

greenie

This question may have already been discussed somewhere, but does Josh Allen count toward the 2014 or 2015 class?

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Allen-23234

He's not listed on the 247 or Rivals commitment list for us for 2015 (not that either is the official list), and there continues to be talk about having 8 spots left.  Could this be the reason for there being an extra spot when compared to our Hogville commit list?

Or maybe we're just going to pull a Tenner and sign a few extra...at least that's what it seems they've done in the past.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: schmeck on November 21, 2014, 09:34:25 am

RB - Charles West 3*
OL - Jalin Barnett 4*
OL - Jalen Merrick 4*
DB - Kahlil Haughton 4*
WR - Dominique Reed 4*

that's a nice list, but there are numerous options that would make this one of the better classes in recent history... in addition, it looks as though the staff is starting to explore other options beyond the list of possibles that we know..... Seems they are parlaying our recent national admiration into an expanded playing field and a big final push to signing day... some of those January OV's may have some names we haven't seen.

DallasHogFan

Quote from: MH04 on November 19, 2014, 10:59:08 pm
If you are talking about 247s crystal ball, its a cool feature but it usually only means something when somebody gets a bunch of predictions for a team in a short amount of time. Barnett's recruitment for OU is a lot like Tenpenny or Frazier for us, he likes OU for sure but if he wanted to go there he would've already committed. They also already have 5 O lineman committed

Thanks man!
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

gmarv

this is good stuff I like reading these kind of post.
thanks and more please

redeye

Quote from: greenie on November 21, 2014, 10:06:39 am
This question may have already been discussed somewhere, but does Josh Allen count toward the 2014 or 2015 class?

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Allen-23234

He's not listed on the 247 or Rivals commitment list for us for 2015 (not that either is the official list), and there continues to be talk about having 8 spots left.  Could this be the reason for there being an extra spot when compared to our Hogville commit list?

Or maybe we're just going to pull a Tenner and sign a few extra...at least that's what it seems they've done in the past.

Allen will count toward the 2015 class and that's why everyone is saying we have 18 commitments, instead of 17.  The recruiting services only show 17 for us because Allen was a 2014 graduate and they can't, or won't, update his profile for the 2015 class, so they just added him to our 2014 class, although it's incorrect.

greenie

Thanks, redeye.

I should have figured as much.  So I'm back to wondering what it means that we have 8 spots. 

Just over 10 weeks away from National Signing Day (Feb 4, 2015).  It'll all be straightened out by then.

mhuff

Quote from: redeye on November 21, 2014, 02:35:18 pm
Allen will count toward the 2015 class and that's why everyone is saying we have 18 commitments, instead of 17.  The recruiting services only show 17 for us because Allen was a 2014 graduate and they can't, or won't, update his profile for the 2015 class, so they just added him to our 2014 class, although it's incorrect.

Thanks..... I was under the impression someone was not making grades.

redeye

Quote from: mhuff on November 21, 2014, 02:53:33 pm
Thanks..... I was under the impression someone was not making grades.
Quote from: greenie on November 21, 2014, 02:50:28 pm
Thanks, redeye.

I should have figured as much.  So I'm back to wondering what it means that we have 8 spots. 

Just over 10 weeks away from National Signing Day (Feb 4, 2015).  It'll all be straightened out by then.

Yea, according to Richard, we're looking to sign 26, so it would seem that something's up.  I seem to recall Richard saying that grades would not be a problem, but I may be wrong about that.

MH04

RD reported that DB Nate Dalton could be offered by Arkansas very soon, he was just offered by OU and I saw something on 247 saying that we have offered him today as well.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MH04 on November 19, 2014, 01:43:47 pm
Commits
1. QB Ty Storey
2. RB Rawleigh Williams III
3. WR Deon Stewart
4. WR K.J. Hill
5. TE Austin Cantrell
6. TE C.J. O'Grady
7. TE Will Gragg
8. OT Colton Jackson
9. OG Josh Allen
10. C Zach Rogers
11. DE Jamario Bell
12. DE/DT Hjalte Froholdt
13. DE/DT Daytrieon Dean
14. DE/DT Jeremiah Ledbetter
15. OLB Derrick Graham
16. OLB/S Dre Greenlaw
17. P Blake Johnson
18. ATH LaMichael Pettway

How Many Spots do we have left?
RD and DW have both said that there are 8 spots left to fill. They have also said that they do not think any of our commits will end up somewhere else on signing day. So it is sounding like we will try to take 26. I think we take 1 WR, 2 OL, 1 DE, 1 LB, 2 DB, and 1 best available, probably an RB.

QB:
Done here

RB: may take 1 more
Patrick Carr
Charles West
Ronald Jones- I don't know if we are still in contact with him but we were a player early in his recruitment and he recently backed off of his Okie St commitment

WR: If Reed qualifies we will take him and be done at WR.
Dominique Reed- has all the tools to be an absolute stud
Kahlil Lewis- A guy to keep an eye on, West Virginia commit with an impressive offer list and he can flat out play.

TE:
We are done at TE with 3 outstanding commits

OT: I think that we take 1 more here (probably Merrick)
Tyler Howell- Just go done with his Arkansas OV and is now headed to take some other visits.
Jalen Merrick- Was here for OM game for an official. He said the visit was great, we will probably get him.

OG: Barnett is our guy here.
Jalin Barnett- Seems that the hogs are in the lead for this big time guard.

C:
Done at this spot as well

DT:
Done here

DE: We will try to sign one more DE
Porter Gustin- Coach B went and visited Porter during the bye-week. Still trying to get him to come for an official.
TJ Smith- Vandy Commit that was offered during the bye-week.
Gabriel Campbell- Hogs are trying to get him for an OV, long shot though at this point.

LB: I believe we take 1 more
Reggie Walker- He has the hogs as his #1 without even visiting, seems that the hogs have a few people that they are waiting on before him though.
Kendrick Jackson- An Arizona Commit who just got qualified and is now very interested in the hogs, will OV after season.
Rayshad Jackson- LB out of Florida that we might end up with, will probably commit if given the green light. He will also take an OV after the season.
Juwan Taylor- The Hogs are turning up the heat on this Georgia commit.

DB: I think we take 2
Sheldrick Redwine- He could play corner or safety at the next level. I can't get a good read on him but Arkansas is definitely a top school for Sheldrick.
Jeremiah Dinson- A Kentucky commit, he will visit the hogs and we have a great shot.
Ryan Pulley- Not too much new info on him, but we have a shot.
Kahlil Haughton- Lots of people think that it is a two horse race between OU and Baylor but I think we have put ourselves in a great position with Kahlil.
Antonyo Sotolongo- Teammate of Hog Cornelius Floyd in high school, if we really go after this kid I think we get him.
Kylan Johnson- Big time kid out of Skyline high school in Dallas, Hogs are his #1.
Brandon Scott- Danny West just tweeted about him being one to watch out for today, would be an awesome pickup.
Marcus Walker- Another Kentucky commit, this time at Safety. I think the hogs still have a shot here as well.
Carlton Davis- An Ohio State commitment who is teammates with LB prospect Rayshad Jackson, he will take an OV with Rayshad after the season.
Nate Dalton- A big Corner at 6'2'' or maybe even a little taller. Has offers from Kentucky and Utah. Arkansas has not offered yet, but is very interested.

you've done such a  great job, wanted to give a couple of updates that I know of, Dalton offered, Kirkland and Seraven sp?...

I'm sure  there are a few others as well.. we're making the turn, headed for the home stretch, nice to see such a solid and expanding playing field for just a few spots.