Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long needs to go to work

Started by MountieDawg, November 18, 2014, 08:37:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

CBB needs a raise and a contract extension!
SEC!

Chief Mac

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 18, 2014, 08:37:41 am

lets win out and win a few next year before we start thinking that.  Raise for Robb Smith....absolutely
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

PorkRinds

He's making plenty.  As Chris said, let's talk about Robb Smith's salary.  He needs about half a mil more a season.

GolfnHog

And since CBB is about taking care of his assistant coaches I can see this happening to maintain continuity. RS will likely get some looks for a HC gig in the next year or so. I want the man and his family to stay put in Fayetteville.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

PorkRinds

Quote from: GolfnHog on November 18, 2014, 08:58:24 am
And since CBB is about taking care of his assistant coaches I can see this happening to maintain continuity. RS will likely get some looks for a HC gig in the next year or so. I want the man and his family to stay put in Fayetteville.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's looked at for the DC position at Florida if the right coach is hired. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

demonHOG1013

Does anybody know if Randy Shannon is enjoying being a position coach?  I would think being a former D-Coordinator and Head Coach there may be some folks looking to snatch him up.

GuvHog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 18, 2014, 08:39:32 am
lets win out and win a few next year before we start thinking that.  Raise for Robb Smith....absolutely

They will definitely have to seriously up the ante to keep Robb Smith, no doubt about it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pulled(PP)pork

HotlantaHog

The staff is getting plenty of love. As CBB says, he was impressed at how much enthusiasm there was given 17 straight losses.

CBB is doing fine. Agree with the comment that it's more important to be sure all the assistants who he wants here are being more than fairly compensated. Staff continuity is key.

demonHOG1013

ryanbush

The guy wins one SEC game in 2 years and he gets a raise?  how about a 7-8 win season first?? :razorback:

zane

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 18, 2014, 09:02:25 am
The staff needs some love.

I just said this to my wife last night..........
RIP LSUfan

CallThemHawgs!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: zane on November 18, 2014, 09:28:02 am
I just said this to my wife last night..........
speak of it in the 3rd person, do you?

PP

ricepig

Quote from: ryanbush on November 18, 2014, 09:07:15 am
The guy wins one SEC game in 2 years and he gets a raise?  how about a 7-8 win season first?? :razorback:

The OP is being facetious, read his past....

zane

RIP LSUfan

MJ2

Man, he's already making over $7M per conference win.   That should be enough for now.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: zane on November 18, 2014, 09:49:30 am
Isn't that normal?
probably so, it's just been too long since I've spoken about mine

PP

texas tush hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2014, 09:00:18 am
I wouldn't be shocked if he's looked at for the DC position at Florida if the right coach is hired. 

Long needs to match what Kirby Smart is making for Rob Smith. May be the second coming of Monte Kiffin.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Dropkick

OP is a trolling CBB hater. Don't take her seriously.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 18, 2014, 12:41:53 pm
Long needs to match what Kirby Smart is making for Rob Smith. May be the second coming of Monte Kiffin.
I can honesty say I would not trade Robb Smith for Kirby Smart.

grayhawg

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Dropkick on November 18, 2014, 01:04:01 pm
OP is a trolling CBB hater. Don't take her seriously.
Spot on. Check this out:

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 08, 2014, 01:50:29 pm
Molan wanted to go as fast as possible, CBB believes fast causes deaths.

Nolan coached basketball, CBB coaches football.

Nolan's AD didn't like him, CBB's AD believes he walks on water.

Nolan liked boots and polka dot ties, CBB likes sandals and windbreakers.

Nolan doesn't fix divots on the golf course, CBB picks up chicks at the Blackjack table.

Nolan came here to  win a NC and that's wag he did, CBB game here to win the SEC and has yet to win an SEC game.

I get looking for a light at the end of the tunnel, but I bet you could find more coaches that didn't win a conf game in 2 years that ended up failing instead of winning championships.

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 04, 2014, 03:33:23 pm
I would live to build a house for most of you...  Here is how you guys would respond:

Shower doesn't have water.... It's ok, next bathroom u will get right!

Front door is 4 foot tall... It's ok, last door was 3 ft tall.

Left 6 inch gaps in sod! In 2 years it will grow together.

Your wife is sleeping with another guy. At least he looks better than me.

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 29, 2014, 06:05:14 am
And I would also bet that Vandy, UK and TN wish Arkansas was their opponent this year in the West. Not sure we would beat UK, TN more likely now with all their injuries.

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 28, 2014, 09:13:46 am
who cares if we win, most would be happy if we get a fat guy throw a TD pass and get on ESPN.

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 21, 2014, 09:01:29 am
FUNNY... So if he goes to 20 straight SEC losses... Would you still say he is the right man for the job... What about 25 straight... Would it take 35 straight SEC losses to re-think or have you agreed to drink the Kool-Aid no matter what? I am not saying he is not the right guy, but if people upset you because they are unhappy with 16 straight SEC losses, take a stroll over to JUMP BALL and see fans that are unhappy with just road losses.

There is a clear motive for this thread.

code red

A raise....little premature I think.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

EastexHawg

I agree he needs to go to work.  Michigan and Stanford would be great places for him to do just that.

He's not the only one who knows how to write checks if and when coaches need to be paid.

Pigsknuckles

Remember that one of Coach B's reasons for leaving Wisconsin was that they wouldn't pony up for quality staff. Coaches salary is alright for now. Need to make the grass on the other side of the fence look a little less green to our coordinators.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Cinco de Hogo

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2014, 03:03:09 pm
I agree he needs to go to work.  Michigan and Stanford would be great places for him to do just that.

He's not the only one who knows how to write checks if and when coaches need to be paid.

Well, sourpuss waited until Tuesday to start his weekly crying fit.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2014, 03:10:14 pm
Well, sourpuss waited until Tuesday to start his weekly crying fit.

I drove 6-1/2 hours to sit in the cold until after the final gun Saturday.  I've attended (at last count) 68 games in the last 14 years despite living a state away.  Before that I drove even farther whenever I could to get to Fayetteville, Little Rock, Austin, Ft. Worth, Waco, Oxford, Shreveport, Dallas, and so forth.  I've been a fan since the 1960s.  In other words, I think I've earned the right to form an opinion on our AD. 

I didn't start the thread, I merely posted in it.  But, your great sensitivity is duly noted. 

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2014, 03:37:25 pm
I drove 6-1/2 hours to sit in the cold until after the final gun Saturday.  I've attended (at last count) 68 games in the last 14 years despite living a state away.  Before that I drove even farther whenever I could to get to Fayetteville, Little Rock, Austin, Ft. Worth, Waco, Oxford, Shreveport, Dallas, and so forth.  I've been a fan since the 1960s.  In other words, I think I've earned the right to form an opinion on our AD. 

I didn't start the thread, I merely posted in it.  But, your great sensitivity is duly noted. 

Been a fan longer, so my post triumphs!

rickm1976

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2014, 08:45:10 am
He's making plenty.  As Chris said, let's talk about Robb Smith's salary.  He needs about half a mil more a season.

This.

opineonswine

Pot stirrer of the worst order.  Has nothing meaningful to add to a conversation.

opineonswine

And this seals your lack of credibility.  Not that it was in doubt.

wupigsuey

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2014, 03:37:25 pm

Your AD appreciates your contribution to his athletic department
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

EastexHawg

Quote from: opineonswine on November 18, 2014, 03:55:52 pm
And this seals your lack of credibility.  Not that it was in doubt.

Considering the message board definition of credibility is "always mimics the majority opinion"...I guess your charge is just something I'll have to deal with.

elksnort

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 18, 2014, 08:39:32 am
Absolutely, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Like you said, raise for Robb Smith as soon as possible.

grayhawg

The only thing that concerns me about Robb Smith leaving is if Greg Schiano gets a HC job somewhere.

Marshfieldhog

While I think Robb Smith has done a wonderful job, keep in mind he is working with a good amount of talent on the DL. Any team with a good amount of talent on the DL will usually field a good defense. LB's have been better than I thought we would be, the biggest surprise are the DB's  actually looking for the ball and knocking down passes.

Take Dave Wommack for example at Ole Miss, he did nothing special here but give him some players at Ole Miss he has done a nice job. Robb Smith is a heck of a lot better than Chris Ash.

opineonswine

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2014, 04:18:55 pm
Considering the message board definition of credibility is "always mimics the majority opinion"...I guess your charge is just something I'll have to deal with.

I'm going by the fact that we have one of if not THE most respected AD in the country, for good reason, and you want him gone.  Koo Koo

GolfnHog

Quote from: grayhawg on November 18, 2014, 05:00:53 pm
The only thing that concerns me about Robb Smith leaving is if Greg Schiano gets a HC job somewhere.

I'd say the concern would be where Schiano lands and if the school will match or exceed Smith's current salary.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Albert Einswine

Still pissed about the Petrino firing? You've got mad grudge holding skills.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

WilsonHog