George Mcdonald
26 (30.6%)
Travaris Robinson
7 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

tophawg19

if i remember right Porter is a good running back coach too
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

IBleedRazorbackRed

I was expecting a Coach O appearance. But I voted for Mcdonald because Bielema wanted him from the get go

redeye

I'd probably go with Porter for the sake of conversation.  McDonald was recently demoted and someone mentioned some problems he's had that made me glad he didn't stick around.  Last time I looked, he wasn't recruiting that great in Florida, either.

1highhog

None, that's my conversation piece.  None of the guys you mentioned in your poll hold a candle to what we have on staff now.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 1highhog on November 17, 2014, 09:56:02 pm
None, that's my conversation piece.  None of the guys you mentioned in your poll hold a candle to what we have on staff now.

I love our staff too but Porter & Robertson could sell Barbecue Ribs to a Muslim! 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 17, 2014, 06:49:55 pm
I was expecting a Coach O appearance. But I voted for Mcdonald because Bielema wanted him from the get go

The guys I listed could be persuaded if the opportunity presented itself... now if we went Fantasy league: Ed Orgeron,  Butch Davis etc...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: redeye on November 17, 2014, 06:54:28 pm
I'd probably go with Porter for the sake of conversation.  McDonald was recently demoted and someone mentioned some problems he's had that made me glad he didn't stick around.  Last time I looked, he wasn't recruiting that great in Florida, either.

Hard to recruit kids Miam kids to NY. McDonald didn't make it as a OC but is still an excellent WR coach.

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 18, 2014, 07:21:37 am
The guys I listed could be persuaded if the opportunity presented itself... now if we went Fantasy league: Ed Orgeron,  Butch Davis etc...

We would have to agree to disagree on what Butch Davis would bring to the table.

Out of who you have list Porter would be my top choice.  I've wanted us to go after him every time he has been available.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

yraciv

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 18, 2014, 07:21:37 am

Randy Shannon is our LB coach. At some point, I would have called that fantasy league.

yraciv

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 18, 2014, 08:13:24 am
Trooper

We may get chastised for saying it, but that is my pick as well. I know all the Trooper just pays players talk, but last I checked that is all speculation.  The fact of the matter is he has brought in top ranked classes after top ranked classes, and shows a level of enthusiasm on the sideline that our team lack in my opinion.  I think you need one rah, rah coach. Plus he knows our recruiting territory high and low. It also helps he is a WR or DB coach. which I feel are 2 of the 3 weakest coaches on our staff.  I'm not calling for their job, but if I had to rank which coaches I'd like an upgrade over, it goes:
1. Rory Segrest
2. Clay Jennings
3. Robert Smith

Porter is a RB guy. McDonald already spurned us, and has limited southern recruiting ties. And Travaris isn't setting the world on fire, recruiting to FL, although I think he is a very good coach and would take him over Jennings as well.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 am
We would have to agree to disagree on what Butch Davis would bring to the table.

Out of who you have list Porter would be my top choice.  I've wanted us to go after him every time he has been available.

If you could have Butch Davis in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale H.S.  area he would be effective....Louisiana or Georgia maybe not so much  8) just my opinion.  I definitely agree with you on Porter...you could put him in Columbus,  Ohio or Baton Rouge, LA and he would still be a serious threat!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

1highhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 18, 2014, 08:13:24 am
Trooper

With Trooper or Butch Davis, I promise you we'd have the NCAA investigating our Program within 3 years, bank on it.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SDZ_Hog

Travaris Robinson.  Born Miami.  Played in the NFL and coaching experience in Florida. 

redeye

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 18, 2014, 07:24:47 am
Hard to recruit kids Miam kids to NY. McDonald didn't make it as a OC but is still an excellent WR coach.

I remember being really excited about him when we hired him and hated that he left for Syracuse.  He may be an excellent WR coach, but I believe he's really struggled at Syracuse, and hasn't recruited as well as I expected, either.  Is it hard to recruit Miami kids to NY?  Serious question, because I wouldn't think so at all.

Btw, I'm also happy with our staff and don't know that I'd trade any of them for one of the coaches named here.  But since we're doing this, I was just thinking about Tommy Thigpen and will throw his name out there.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: redeye on November 18, 2014, 11:30:58 am
I remember being really excited about him when we hired him and hated that he left for Syracuse.  He may be an excellent WR coach, but I believe he's really struggled at Syracuse, and hasn't recruited as well as I expected, either.  Is it hard to recruit Miami kids to NY?  Serious question, because I wouldn't think so at all.

Btw, I'm also happy with our staff and don't know that I'd trade any of them for one of the coaches named here.  But since we're doing this, I was just thinking about Tommy Thigpen and will throw his name out there.

From El Dorado, Arkansas

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Spurned? He left to be an OC at a BCS program. It did work out for,him but he had to take that opportunity

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: redeye on November 18, 2014, 11:30:58 am

Thigpen is killing it for UT

yraciv

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 19, 2014, 03:12:13 am

Spurned? He left to be an OC at a BCS program. It did work out for,him but he had to take that opportunity

I don't judge him for going after the bigger position. Just more along the lines of he dragged us in a not ideal predicament. He probably knew all along that position was going to open and he'd be a favorite for it. Just burnt some bridges in my opinion, and there are plenty of other assistants out there coming off success to go back to him.

TMc

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 17, 2014, 06:49:55 pm

jackflash

I disagree with replacing Jennings or Smith, I think they maded a big difference  in the way the Defense has played.

Wildhog

Robb Smith needs a huge raise.  Only a complete and total moron would want to replace him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye