Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why I feel good vs MIZZOU

Started by Prestworthy, November 17, 2014, 03:47:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

Missouri's two losses came to teams that run the ball well (Indiana - #11 in Rushing O, UGA - #14 in Rushing O), and the hogs are sitting at #22 (given the defenses they've played, still a very good mark).  Wins at home vs Ole Miss and a win at Mizzou would be an unbelievable finish to the season and a chance to go to Shreveport or Memphis.

How would y'all feel about playing Petrino and the Cardinals in Shreveport?

DoctorSusscrofa

Hate it.  Rather play anybody else.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Prestworthy

tcs0430

Your running game works best out of conference and when playing SEC games it looks average at best(sans A&M).  In fact your running backs tend to gain most of their yardage in OOC- games.

Mizzou lost to Georgia due to offense turning ball over 4 times.  The defense played well.  The Indiana game was lost due to team looking ahead. Indiana did not run for a lot of yards.

Fact: Mizzou has 3 SEC-West wins in 2 years, while Hogville has 1.

Chief Mac

Let's concentrate on Ole Miss then worry about Mizzou
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: tcs0430 on November 17, 2014, 08:03:57 pm
Your running game works best out of conference and when playing SEC games it looks average at best(sans A&M).  In fact your running backs tend to gain most of their yardage in OOC- games.

Mizzou lost to Georgia due to offense turning ball over 4 times.  The defense played well.  The Indiana game was lost due to team looking ahead. Indiana did not run for a lot of yards.

No but Indiana threw for 377.  Missouri will be a W

BrianWPS!!

Good God I can't get excited about mizzou.  How can this develop in to a "rivalry" when half of our fan base doesn't care enough about them in the first place? Beating ole miss would be a nice way to finish the season along with the bowl. 

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 17, 2014, 03:52:44 pm
Hate it.  Rather play anybody else.

Yeah, like someone said, I don't think Long would approve based on so many players got hurt by Petrino...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

KennyForAD

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on November 17, 2014, 08:33:19 pm
Good God I can't get excited about mizzou.  How can this develop in to a "rivalry" when half of our fan base doesn't care enough about them in the first place? Beating ole miss would be a nice way to finish the season along with the bowl.

Its worse than when they tried to trump up a rivalry with SMU.  At least SMU wouldn't troll you to death.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on November 17, 2014, 08:33:19 pm

...those NW Ark. punks calling their stadium a dump will get it going.....

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

KennyForAD

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on November 17, 2014, 08:40:13 pm
...those NW Ark. punks calling their stadium a dump will get it going.....

Their stadium IS a dump.   Not wanting to be linked to them via a manufactured 'rivalry' is far different from an actual rivalry.   And, believe me, the last thing we want is to have those knuckleheads targeting us as their 'rival.'   Ask Kansas about that.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Prestworthy on November 17, 2014, 03:47:32 pm
Missouri's two losses came to teams that run the ball well (Indiana - #11 in Rushing O, UGA - #14 in Rushing O), and the hogs are sitting at #22 (given the defenses they've played, still a very good mark).  Wins at home vs Ole Miss and a win at Mizzou would be an unbelievable finish to the season and a chance to go to Shreveport or Memphis.

How would y'all feel about playing Petrino and the Cardinals in Shreveport?

Let's play olepiss first.  I like 2-0 before 3-0...

shotgun7

Mizzou lost to Georgia because they didn't score.... at all lol even the 4 turn overs, had they scored on all would not have been enough to win that game.

BENTON PIGGEE

PorkRinds

DukeOfPork

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2014, 09:16:55 am
The new state slogan:  Missouri-- Only Tennessee makes more meth.

And Missouri and Tennessee are going to settle that on the field this Saturday.

scruf

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 17, 2014, 08:06:54 pm
Let's concentrate on Ole Miss then worry about Mizzou

Oh, trust me, I'm NOT worried about Mizzou's candy-ace team.

ldfergu

If I were still up in North Arkansas I would probably try and take the family to this game.  Never been to an away football game and I've heard Columbia is a decent college town, no Fayetteville of course.

scruf

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 18, 2014, 09:21:14 am
And Missouri and Tennessee are going to settle that on the field this Saturday.

The inaugural "Meth Bowl." Winner gets a trophy that's a milk jug with the label ripped off that's also halfway filled with paint thinner and glued to a hastily cut piece of unfinished plywood.

NLRHog92

Quote from: scruf on November 18, 2014, 09:26:04 am
The inaugural "Meth Bowl." Winner gets a trophy that's a milk jug with the label ripped off that's also halfway filled with paint thinner and glued to a hastily cut piece of unfinished plywood.

Sponsored by Fixodent. And be sure to check your ticket for the halftime raffle, the winner gets a complete box set of Breaking Bad!

SemperFi

Fact: Mizzou is going to get their butts handed to them when the Hogs come to town and it won't be because they were looking ahead to an SEC Championship that they'll never get.

Fact: The Mizzou QB is a turnover waiting to happen.

Fact: Mizzou has not played the schedule that the Arkansas Razorbacks have and because of that you have no idea just how bad your Mizzou tiggers are.

Fact: See fact number 1. Your run at the SECC last year was a fluke and you'll not see it again.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2014, 09:16:55 am
The new state slogan:  Missouri-- Only Tennessee makes more meth.

Yeah, really.

"We're #2!"

Hogdomer

Although this guy is clearly a troll and comes across as extremely unlikable, he has a point about our run game.  We haven't run the ball well throughout much of conference play. 

You can't excuse a loss at home to Indiana.  Embarrassed the conference with that one.

The Boar War

Quote from: Prestworthy on November 17, 2014, 03:56:36 pm
Because of the passing threat?

Because its a no win for Arkansas.  Unfortunately there's a number of people who would root for Petrino.  If Petrino won it wouldnt be a bowl loss it would be a reflection on Coach B.  If Bielema won it would only be because we have SEC athletes.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: SemperFi on November 18, 2014, 09:33:11 am
Fact: Mizzou is going to get their butts handed to them when the Hogs come to town and it won't be because they were looking ahead to an SEC Championship that they'll never get.

Fact: The Mizzou QB is a turnover waiting to happen.

Fact: Mizzou has not played the schedule that the Arkansas Razorbacks have and because of that you have no idea just how bad your Mizzou tiggers are.

Fact: See fact number 1. Your run at the SECC last year was a fluke and you'll not see it again.

When you've lost 17 of the last 18 SEC games, stating that you will win a particular game is never a "FACT".

Come on, man.

Murr

Quote from: SemperFi on November 18, 2014, 09:33:11 am

Last year, Mizzou was good and had quality all over the field.  The year before, they were devastated with injuries.  This year, the entire SEC East is weak or very inconsistent.

I watched Mizzou's game against aTm and I'll say when the tigers broke the aggies for a dumb defensive mistake, the tigers burst it with some insane speed.  Matty is mobile enough to buy time which is deadly when paired with that cannon he has for an arm.  The Ark-Mizzou game will be a tough one between two different styles come black Friday.

1highhog