Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets set up a fund to pay the 25K fine

Started by cmiller01, November 17, 2014, 03:16:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cmiller01

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

CallThemHawgs!

texas tush hog

Quote from: cmiller01 on November 17, 2014, 03:16:59 pm
Our hogs earned it!

Ole Miss collected $50,000 for their third offense, surely everybody who rushed the field can send $20.00 to the Razorback Foundation for the Rush The Field Fund. Pay up.

WarPig88

One of our boosters has already stepped up and taken care of it.

No lie.

hobhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 17, 2014, 03:22:48 pm
Ole Miss collected $50,000 for their third offense, surely everybody who rushed the field can send $20.00 to the Razorback Foundation for the Rush The Field Fund. Pay up.

Those fans already ponied up and paid for travel/tickets. How about the HDTV fans take care of this part?

texas tush hog

Quote from: WarPig88 on November 17, 2014, 03:33:33 pm

No lie.

I believe it.

DoctorSusscrofa

I rather doubt those who rushed the field have spare cash.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Steef

No lie.

Sweet!

WOO PIG!!

pigture perfect

This is not an every week thing like it is in the Grove. School can pick this up.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Josh Goforth

Ole miss sold sections of the goal posts, for 1000 each, no doubt the UA could do something simiiar an autographed pic or something and raise the money in no time.

JJHog

how about we set up a fund to raise $25k for a GOOD cause?
" Think Right, Do Right"

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: JJHog on November 17, 2014, 04:27:21 pm
how about we set up a fund to raise $25k for a GOOD cause?

Wow, great idea...

We could call it a.... "charity"?

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

No lie.

If I could have afforded it I would have paid it. To see those players after all they worked for to be able to celebrate with the coaches and fans was priceless!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 17, 2014, 04:32:09 pm
If I could have afforded it I would have paid it. To see those players after all they worked for to be able to celebrate with the coaches and fans was priceless!

Yep, I didn't go, but my son who's a Sr did, I asked him if he picked up some rubber marbles as a souvenir, he said he hated those when he played. He was beginning to wonder when the next SEC victory was going to come while he was up there.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 17, 2014, 04:32:36 pm
Says the guy who wasn't at the game.

Goodness man that wasn't a put down, I'll bet the $25K he only meant that students don't have extra cash.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 17, 2014, 04:37:00 pm
Goodness man that wasn't a put down, I'll bet the $25K he only meant that students don't have extra cash.

Well, as a parent of one, not for that, now for a cold one, or another fraternity t-shirt......

RazorbackRon

There were a lot of people on the field Sat night that were not students, hence "you were not there".
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Inhogswetrust

It wasn't only students that rushed the field!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 17, 2014, 04:41:49 pm
There were a lot of people on the field Sat night that were not students, hence "you were not there".

I was only referring to what he meant by the comment, where you came up with "you were not there" is a problem of your own making.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 17, 2014, 05:29:38 pm
Trooper Taylor has that copyrighted

Yeah, but he's not getting to use it at ASU-J, they're poor.

tophawg19

one of our boosters put the money up before the game . that's confidence
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

WorfHog

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

texas tush hog

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 17, 2014, 05:36:41 pm
one of our boosters put the money up before the game . that's confidence

That's the best thing I've heard all day.

ricepig

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on November 17, 2014, 06:14:48 pm
Such a stupid fine.

Well, the premise is that is to avoid injuries and protect everyone on the field. If you've seen the pictures of the broken railing, then you know that's a potential lawsuit if someone would be injured. Fortunately, the only one's hurt were the Tigger's and their toothless fans.

devildoghawg

I think the University should pony up and pay it.  Don't even offer to take money from the fans.  We didn't win an SEC game basically for three season, and you still had a packed stadium with a 4-5 team in 20 degree weather.  You just pay the fine and thank the fans for creating a literal hostile environment for LSU.  It was loud as hell in that stadium everytime LSU got over the ball.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

redeye

The win prompted the fans to rush the field -- an activity that the SEC doesn't seem too fond of -- and Arkansas was fined $25,000 as a result. The fine was so large because it was the second offense for Arkansas since the rules were instituted, the first being a basketball win over Florida in 2006. A third offense would cost the school $50,000.

"Celebration of a victory is understandable and appreciated but should be exhibited in the appropriate manner," said SEC commissioner Mike Slive. "We cannot forget that significant risk of injury for student-athletes and fans alike can result from incidents such as this."

I say we take it out of the Staches for Slive fund.

Speaking of which, the beard growth suits Bielema.  He should keep it.

Torqued pork

We should probably reimburse LSU for any warming lotion and hot chocolate they left behind.

Pigsknuckles

Lets see, about a buck for everyone on the field following the game? A bargain. Where do I send my part?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"