Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opposing Teams in BWA

Started by HawgNthaWater, November 17, 2014, 02:29:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgNthaWater

What is it about BWA that the opposing team always seems to have a player or team as a whole go off from the 3-point line?

I feel like this has been a common thing for a couple of years now. Yesterday afternoon watching Anderson I kept thinking to myself here we go again.

Does anyone else feel this way?

:razorback:
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

dddollars

No. Its basketball... Guys are going to get hot from time to time. AL State shot amazingly from the 3pt line last night. They had a great night. They are good, but wont shoot that well (or even close to it) from the 3 all year long.

What does it matter if the opposing team hits a few threes a game so long as we still win? How many games have we lost in Bud Walton the past couple years? Not very many.

WarPig88

Quote from: HawgNthaWater on November 17, 2014, 02:29:36 pm
What is it about BWA that the opposing team always seems to have a player or team as a whole go off from the 3-point line?

I feel like this has been a common thing for a couple of years now. Yesterday afternoon watching Anderson I kept thinking to myself here we go again.

Does anyone else feel this way?

:razorback:

It's been way more than just the last couple of years.

I have always thought that it must be a good shooters venue. Those who have played at a high level know what I am talking about. There are just some places that when you walk in you just feel comfortable about your shot.

It can be something about the lighting or even whether the rims are soft or stiff.

Anyway, I think the Bud is a shooters venue based on what I have witnessed over the years.

WxHog

With Florida and Kentucky on the road this season, we should be favored for each home game this year.  But...

Which team we will give us the most challenge or perhaps even beat us?

Wake Forest?
Dayton?
Iona? (They did go to NCAA Tourney in 2012 and 2013 as well as NIT last year)
An SEC team?

mhuff

Quote from: WarPig88 on November 17, 2014, 02:47:03 pm
It's been way more than just the last couple of years.

I have always thought that it must be a good shooters venue. Those who have played at a high level know what I am talking about. There are just some places that when you walk in you just feel comfortable about your shot.

It can be something about the lighting or even whether the rims are soft or stiff.

Anyway, I think the Bud is a shooters venue based on what I have witnessed over the years.

Some places it's like there is a deep dark hole behind the basket and it throws off your depth perception.

Personally it probably has a lot to do with uncontested shots while we were playing zone. You gamble hoping they will miss..... I would think you would adjust when they don't miss.