Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith Contract

Started by Greyhands, November 17, 2014, 02:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhands

I was just wondering how Robb Smith's contract stacks up against the other DCs in the SEC is he in the middle or lower end of salary ?

Does he have a clause in the contract that says he cant go to another SEC school ?

rhog1

Whatever his contract salary is, I hope we have made sure he is happy with it. We absolutely must keep Coach Smith for a while. The turnaround on defense this year has been incredible.

wupigsuey

I think Clay Jennings has a part in this turn around too. Remember how many times our corners were burnt on throws to the flat and a missed tackle? There have been breakdowns from time to time but overall play is better. I hope all them boys on that side of the ball get a raise in the off season.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Greyhands

These D rankings are pretty good they have done a wonderful job.

Total D         22nd
Scoring D      27th
Red zone D    21st
Rush  D         22nd
Pass D          43rd

Best Rankings we have had in awhile.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Greyhands on November 17, 2014, 03:13:24 pm
These D rankings are pretty good they have done a wonderful job.

Total D         22nd
Scoring D      27th
Red zone D    21st
Rush  D         22nd
Pass D          43rd

Best Rankings we have had in awhile.

And our defense will only get better with more recruiting and development.

B Ray

I'm unsure the totals of any of the staff , but I recall Arkansas wanted to pay CBB an X amount , but he wanted a less number and wanted the difference applied to the staff , so how does the UA staff compare to the other members of the SEC ?

Supermark101

Surly his contract is public information, but this is all I can find with a quick Google search.

"Smith replaces former Chris Ash, who left for Ohio State last month, and he'll make $500,000 annually through June 30, 2016. Ash made $550,000 per year with the Razorbacks."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10433867/robb-smith-arkansas-razorbacks-vows-aggressive-stance

It's outdated, but $500,00 is middle of the pack.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/61621/sec-defensive-coordinators-cashing-in

Big Hogga

Part of the reason CBB left was Wisconsin was because he couldn't keep his assistant coaches. I think that it's our job to keep his guys here as long as we can. If he wants to keep them we need to pay them.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Sir Winston Churchill

texas tush hog

Quote from: B Ray on November 17, 2014, 03:26:40 pm
I'm unsure the totals of any of the staff , but I recall Arkansas wanted to pay CBB an X amount , but he wanted a less number and wanted the difference applied to the staff , so how does the UA staff compare to the other members of the SEC ?

Bielema was offered $5,000,000.00, and left $2,000,000.00 on the table to hire and keep assistants, or so the story goes.

Hawgzinbowlz

For starters Chris Ash had a $ 550,000.00 starting salary and Coach Robb Smith is currently receiving $ 500,000.00. There's no question that CRS is having better results that show on the field.

This is from a dated article over a year old and some of the assistants have moved on :

SEC Defensive Coordinator Salaries :
The Southeastern Conference, or SEC, is the premier conference in college football. An SEC team has won the Bowl Championship Series national football championship every year since 2005. Salaries for SEC football coaches are among the highest in the country. Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and Auburn defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder are the highest-paid defensive coordinators in college football at $950,000 and $850,000 a year, respectively. Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri signed a new contact in 2012 at $800,000 per year, Georgia's Todd Grantham inked a new deal at $825,000, and LSU's John Chavis signed a mammoth three-year contact in 2012 paying him $900,000 annually.

Coach Robb Smith is underpaid and needs a raise. Take some of the money that CBB left on the table and keep CRS satisfied. He's doing an excellent job. Our best D in years.

" GO HOGS "

IBleedRazorbackRed

I bet he gets a little bump after the mizzou game

Steef

Quote from: rhog1 on November 17, 2014, 02:49:51 pm
Whatever his contract salary is, I hope we have made sure he is happy with it. We absolutely must keep Coach Smith for a while. The turnaround on defense this year has been incredible.

Abso-freaking-lutely.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Bielema is a smart guy when it comes to assistants.  Got to remember a big reason he came here is that he was tired of low assistant pay at Wisconsin.  When Bama tried to lure Pittman away he stepped up and raised his pay.

I agree that Robb Smith has earned a raise and have no doubt Bielema feels the same way.  I also have no doubt that Jeff Long will support whatever raise Bielema thinks is appropriate
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jackrabbit Hog

I am one to be critical of the defense, especially the DBs, over the years.  Poor technique, too big a cushion, not breaking on the ball, etc. etc. etc.  Seems it was that way for years and years and years.

I'm proud of the way our defense has played this year, especially the DBs.  Best Hog defensive backfield since the Barrett/K.Kennedy years.  I love their aggressiveness, their tackling, and above all their ability to play the ball instead of just the receiver. 

Thanks guys.  You've eliminated one of my pet peeves that I've had for years - well, except for the 4th quarter against A&M.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LJHOG

Quote from: rhog1 on November 17, 2014, 02:49:51 pm
The turnaround on defense this year has been incredible.
I have been extremely critical a lot of our defensive performance this year.  But, the last two games we've started to look like a real SEC defense.  What has happened in the secondary I have no idea.  But, we're starting to challenge receivers and play the ball.  Good to see.

texas tush hog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 17, 2014, 03:41:42 pm
I bet he gets a little bump after the mizzou game

I bet he gets a big bump in lieu of these numbers.

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on November 17, 2014, 03:41:31 pm
For starters Chris Ash had a $ 550,000.00 starting salary and Coach Robb Smith is currently receiving $ 500,000.00. There's no question that CRS is having better results that show on the field.

This is from a dated article over a year old and some of the assistants have moved on :

SEC Defensive Coordinator Salaries :
The Southeastern Conference, or SEC, is the premier conference in college football. An SEC team has won the Bowl Championship Series national football championship every year since 2005. Salaries for SEC football coaches are among the highest in the country. Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and Auburn defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder are the highest-paid defensive coordinators in college football at $950,000 and $850,000 a year, respectively. Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri signed a new contact in 2012 at $800,000 per year, Georgia's Todd Grantham inked a new deal at $825,000, and LSU's John Chavis signed a mammoth three-year contact in 2012 paying him $900,000 annually.

Coach Robb Smith is underpaid and needs a raise. Take some of the money that CBB left on the table and keep CRS satisfied. He's doing an excellent job. Our best D in years.

" GO HOGS "

Hog1952

Dead on Jackrabbit....Linebacker play has been the best in years also.