Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An advantage with BB we don't think about

Started by hogsanity, November 17, 2014, 01:15:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

BB is only 44 years old. Saban is 63. Miles is 61 ( those are still the two biggest obstacles to anyone in the secw, just ask old miss ). BB has a chance to build and then stay long after Bama and LSu have to go through a change in coaches.  While Gus is just short of 50, I doubt he stays at Aub more than another 3 years. I still think some NFL team gives him a shot, and if you look at his career path, he would take it. It is a long road from Hughes HS to the NFL, and it would cap his career. If not the NFL, he just does not seem the type to stay at one place more than 7, maybe 10 years tops. old misses and msu are just enjoying up years when both have a lot of upperclassmen, I don't see them continuing this level of success.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jm

This is the SEC. There will be really good coached teams for the next several years. Who knows when or where the next great coaches will come from, but with the money involved, they will come and do a good job.

Hogsenburg

Yep you get what you pay for and the SEC pays big.....sure there will be a few misses in there but there will always be good coaches in this conference

hogsanity

Quote from: jm on November 17, 2014, 02:11:52 pm
This is the SEC. There will be really good coached teams for the next several years. Who knows when or where the next great coaches will come from, but with the money involved, they will come and do a good job.

Oh I don't think Bama is going to go from Saban to Joe Schmo crappy coach, but anytime there is a coaching change you never know exactly what is going to happen. My point is just that while Bama and LSu are most certainly going to HAVE to go through a change sooner than later, the Hogs very well could have stability for a decade, as long as BB completes the rebuild.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE