Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barry Lunney Jr. ranked #10 recruiter in country in ESPN Power Recruting Rankings

Started by Hoggy Bear, November 17, 2014, 11:00:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Wildhog on November 17, 2014, 03:45:48 pm
So you're saying Lunney is the best recruiter on staff?

I'm saying who really actually knows. If HDN and staff can get DMac, Felix, and Hillis in one backfield when we've had Petrino, Holtz, Hatfield and Broyles as head coaches, who really knows for sure who the best recruiters are. I suspect the article is no more wrong than any other opinion. Coaches rise and fall and the players they recruit are as varied as DMac, Dan Hampton and Brandon Burlsworth. Who knows what coach lights which player's fire? Lunney seems to be doing ok. What does it hurt some people's feelings for him to be recognized for it.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Wildhog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 17, 2014, 04:21:01 pm
I'm saying who really actually knows. If HDN and staff can get DMac, Felix, and Hillis in one backfield when we've had Petrino, Holtz, Hatfield and Broyles as head coaches, who really knows for sure who the best recruiters are. I suspect the article is no more wrong than any other opinion. Coaches rise and fall and the players they recruit are as varied as DMac, Dan Hampton and Brandon Burlsworth. Who knows what coach lights which player's fire? Lunney seems to be doing ok. What does it hurt some people's feelings for him to be recognized for it.

Pittman is our best recruiter.  It isn't close.

Kudos to Barry for doing a great job, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

LJHOG

how about we just say our recruiting is picking up and let it go at that.

Wildhog

Quote from: LJHOG on November 17, 2014, 04:23:20 pm
how about we just say our recruiting is picking up and let it go at that.

I'm down.  Recruiting is going VERY well right now.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 17, 2014, 03:50:49 pm
I know you are talking about me, and yes, I do not care for any of the Lunney's for various reasons, but I do not think he has any better relationship in state than Tim Horton, and his on field coaching abilities are still suspect although he is coaching two outstanding athletes. Time will tell, but I will decline the crow for now. I will take Harold and Tim over the Lunney's any day but for now that is a moot discussion. He is on staff and I support the overall staff. And he has a share in the 2015 class, but Timmy got the Joe Adams and Jarius Wright class when everybody else had bailed. Lunney is reaping the fruits of others labors and a strong in state class of loyal Arkansas kids. I congratulate him but no crow, thank you.

Funniest thing about this is that I wasn't talking about you.

TheRazorbackGuy

secfan30

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 17, 2014, 04:10:56 pm
This is the funniest thing I have read all day.

Hahahaha funniest post of the day right here... Dude does have an unhealthy hate for the Lunney's though.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: secfan30 on November 17, 2014, 06:36:22 pm
Hahahaha funniest post of the day right here... Dude does have an unhealthy hate for the Lunney's though.

Exactly the Lunney Butt Hurt is strong in him. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.