Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That Derby guy is practically immobile

Started by Biggus Piggus, November 17, 2014, 09:28:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

That's your Rivals 181st overall player in the nation for 2010.

JoeHawg

I am very proud of Derby.  He has played great all season and by switching positions he has shown he wants to do anything he can to help the hogs.
[/quote]

Totally Agree
Once a Hog Always a Hog

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2014, 12:27:55 pm
Tebow might be playing in the NFL if he had been willing to make a similar switch once he got to the league.

and Eric Couch

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 17, 2014, 11:36:16 am
Simple TRUTH is that CBB fulfilled his apparent promise and allowed Derby to play QB last year. So our HC stuck to his vow to give him a chance to fulfill his dream. However, with BA fully recovered, as well as other kids at the QB position, apparently Bret saw Derby's best opportunity on immediately contribute at the TE position. That's one of the many things a good coach does: he not only keeps his promises, but he also tries to create the best opportunities to his players to make positive/difference making contributions. DUH!! Just try to think about THAT for a moment and it just might finally come to (even) you.

Thank you for your hilarious soliloquy.  I never stated to the contrary of anything you just posted.  I did state that I'm not sure what all the fanfare is about.  He kept his word and then placed Derby into a position that others had recruited him for.  Did this workout for everyone better?  Of course!  Was this something worthy of having a trophy and award named after him for?  Only Vantage and the delusional would think so.

Your vitriolic soapbox sermon was however a fantastic example of the unreasonable attacks upon anyone who isn't slurping up the Bret Sweat Koolaid by the buckets.

Please.  Read more; post never.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on November 17, 2014, 11:41:28 am
I think your imagination/interpretation are playing tricks on you.
It is likely as simple as A.J. being given the opportunity to play QB and when it became clear we had better options CBB found a way to utilize A.J. at a position that will help all involved (A.J./Team) and help The Hogs be the best they can be.

"So I'm not sure where the godlike benevolence and attraction of BB coupled with Bill Walsh/Lombardi/Shula genius is coming from."
Lyrical, but obtuse.

" GO HOGS "

Quote from: BadHog on November 17, 2014, 01:15:16 pm
Should have always been a tight end...

by Barry Every - 09/21/2009

On the Hoof: Has good height, wide shoulders, long arms and very athletic legs. Basketball keeps him fairly lean so he has no bad body weight. At first glance, he looks like an athletic tight end or even a huge outside linebacker.
Needs Improvement: Needs to find a position he fits into. Right now, he wants to play quarterback, and he is very inconsistent with his accuracy and release point. Luckily for him, he plays about every position on the field in high school.
Most Impressive: He is a very versatile player that could project as a linebacker, safety, tight end, dual-threat quarterback or H-back at the next level. He has very good speed for his size, body control and hands.
Conclusion: This is a tough one, as a quarterback he is two years away from seeing any meaningful playing time. But wherever he goes, they may create packages for him just to get his toughness and athleticism on the field. Athletically, he could be very dangerous in the spread offense, but I still think he can become an All-America tight end if he decides to switch positions.

His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SPAL

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 17, 2014, 10:17:44 am
6'5, 260, big, fast and strong. Future nfl career, dating Calli Berna.

I'm jealous. Lol

The main reason

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 18, 2014, 02:09:16 am
Thank you for your hilarious soliloquy.  I never stated to the contrary of anything you just posted.  I did state that I'm not sure what all the fanfare is about.  He kept his word and then placed Derby into a position that others had recruited him for.  Did this workout for everyone better?  Of course!  Was this something worthy of having a trophy and award named after him for?  Only Vantage and the delusional would think so.

Your vitriolic soapbox sermon was however a fantastic example of the unreasonable attacks upon anyone who isn't slurping up the Bret Sweat Koolaid by the buckets.

Please.  Read more; post never.
I think it's you who needs to look in the mirror and start and end this argument with the reflection you see. Not once did I mention or even hint of anything concerning some idiotic award (your words, not mine) concerning Derby's playing TE. And I was NOT attacking you or anyone else. I was merely responding to your comments concerning the subject matter. The fact you chose to interpret it so is YOUR problem. Perhaps if you'd grow a little thicker skin (or a set of ----s) when it comes to someone replying to something you posted you'd be the one learning to read more and post (far) less.

DeltaBoy

I love Derby and I hope he gets 8-10 years of work in the NFL.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 18, 2014, 11:15:39 am
I think it's you who needs to look in the mirror and start and end this argument with the reflection you see. Not once did I mention or even hint of anything concerning some idiotic award (your words, not mine) concerning Derby's playing TE. And I was NOT attacking you or anyone else. I was merely responding to your comments concerning the subject matter. The fact you chose to interpret it so is YOUR problem. Perhaps if you'd grow a little thicker skin (or a set of ----s) when it comes to someone replying to something you posted you'd be the one learning to read more and post (far) less.

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 17, 2014, 11:36:16 am
Simple TRUTH is that CBB fulfilled his apparent promise and allowed Derby to play QB last year. So our HC stuck to his vow to give him a chance to fulfill his dream. However, with BA fully recovered, as well as other kids at the QB position, apparently Bret saw Derby's best opportunity on immediately contribute at the TE position. That's one of the many things a good coach does: he not only keeps his promises, but he also tries to create the best opportunities to his players to make positive/difference making contributions. DUH!! Just try to think about THAT for a moment and it just might finally come to (even) you.
His response to me:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 18, 2014, 11:42:06 am
I love Derby and I hope he gets 8-10 years of work in the NFL.

I agree.  And hopefully to a team that needs him and has some leadership and a clue......Unlike the Raiders.
His response to me: