Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs up to #15 in latest College Football News rankings

Started by pignparadise, November 17, 2014, 09:07:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

razorbackkid

Heck, if we beat Ole Miss we may break into the top ten!!!!!!!  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

mizzouman

Pathethic rankings.  Obvious SEC bias.  A&M, ranked?  Mizzou that high?  NO FREAKIN' WAY.

trashcan maN

Quote from: mizzouman on November 17, 2014, 10:41:26 am
Pathethic rankings.  Obvious SEC bias.  A&M, ranked?  Mizzou that high?  NO FREAKIN' WAY.
Yeah, Mizzou did lose to a cellar dweller B10 program at home.

GB-Razorback

This is the only poll that actually takes into consideration who you play and how you did against them.  Note that LSU is one below us.  That is because head to head ... this weekend ... is the best indicator as to which team is better ... today.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Corkscrew Johnson

Pathethic rankings.  Obvious SEC bias. 

Please god tell me your are joking.  This is one of few polls that attempt to rank the top 25 teams in the country, not the top 25 records. 

Biggus Piggus

As accurate as rankings have proved this season, I'm not excited about being in them.
[CENSORED]!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pignparadise on November 17, 2014, 09:07:05 am
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1481351.html
To me it's still amazing that despite a 5-5 record the Hogs would be ranked so high. Then again, in all truth the Hogs could very well be at least 7-3. HAD we managed to go ahead and close out TAM and 'Bama no telling where this team would be sitting right now. Just keep winning 'em and let the chips fall where they may.

pfrg999

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 17, 2014, 12:03:28 pm
As accurate as rankings have proved this season, I'm not excited about being in them.

The 2014 Polls were originally going to be called:
"The No One really has a Freaking Clue Top 25" Or
"Here are best guesses for Top 25 teams while only watching three games and Highlights on Sportcenter" 
....Buuuuuuuut the marketing for those names failed at the focus group stage so instead of accuracy they stuck with the status quo
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

mizzouman

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 17, 2014, 10:43:09 am
Then what does that say about A&M?

mizzouman

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 17, 2014, 12:01:06 pm
Please god tell me your are joking.  This is one of few polls that attempt to rank the top 25 teams in the country, not the top 25 records.
That would be God not god.  Anyway....

Look at 12-16.  Only 1 of those is a top 25 program and even at that, it's probably 20-25 at that.

secfan30

God I hope you're joking

secfan30

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 17, 2014, 10:43:09 am

And got blanked 34-0 by Georgia, so he may be right