Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas is hurting Miss State

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, November 17, 2014, 08:01:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

Now with Arkansas win over LSU. Who has Miss State beaten in the top 25. Only Auburn! Wins over LSU, Auburn and Aggies don't look like quality wins they once were. They also scheduled four cupcakes in OOC play. Once Alabama beats Auburn and Arkansas beats Ole Miss. Where will State get their quality wins? Only one win vs top 25 in Auburn. Looks like Miss State might be in trouble.

BRHogfan

hog.goblin

hog911

I don't think it looks bad. The SEC west is stacked with talent.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2014, 08:01:37 am
Now with Arkansas win over LSU. Who has Miss State beaten in the top 25. Only Auburn! Wins over LSU, Auburn and Aggies don't look like quality wins they once were. They also scheduled four cupcakes in OOC play. Once Alabama beats Auburn and Arkansas beats Ole Miss. Where will State get their quality wins? Only one win vs top 25 in Auburn. Looks like Miss State might be in trouble.

If we win out, one of their quality wins will be against us.

HSVhogfan2

Ms. State should still be number 4, although they will probably fall to 6. Too many Pac12 folks on the committee to make Oregon have to play SEC team in both the semis and the Final.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on November 17, 2014, 03:47:30 pm
Ms. State should still be number 4, although they will probably fall to 6. Too many Pac12 folks on the committee to make Oregon have to play SEC team in both the semis and the Final.

Besides Auburn... who has Miss State beat?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Zero effect. Miss State just needs to Ole Piss and they are in the playoff

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 17, 2014, 05:44:18 pm
Zero effect. Miss State just needs to Ole Piss and they are in the playoff

Totally disagree. Ole Miss loses to Arkansas then that win won't be as quality. Miss State shouldn't get credit for only beating Auburn and refusing to play any power 5 conference teams in OOC games. I think they drop to 6 or 7 come Tuesday. Like I said before, Auburn is their only quality victory.

KennyForAD

That is just an effect of the SEC West being so good, top to bottom. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2014, 05:50:47 pm
Totally disagree. Ole Miss loses to Arkansas then that win won't be as quality. Miss State shouldn't get credit for only beating Auburn and refusing to play any power 5 conference teams in OOC games. I think they drop to 6 or 7 come Tuesday. Like I said before, Auburn is their only quality victory.

Heck, If we beat Ole Piss we might be ranked and Ole Piss will still be a top 25 team

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 17, 2014, 05:53:45 pm
That is just an effect of the SEC West being so good, top to bottom. 

South Alabama, UAB, Southern Miss and UT-Martin are not good from top to bottom. At this moment, their only win vs a top 25 team is Auburn. That's not a good resume on quality wins.

checkraiser88

So you're saying the SEC sucks? LSU and the Aggies both have good wins on their resume. If Miss State ends the season with 1 loss and gets left out it will be an absolute crime!

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on November 17, 2014, 06:14:09 pm
Id rather we "hurt" Awbarn.

Bama will finish them off and Miss State will lose another quality win in the process.

secfan30

I believe their only lose being by 5 to Bama keeps them from being hurt. Besides if we keep winning and hurting them, so be it. Effem they aren't my team I don't care

roothawg

HiggiePiggy

Looking at all the polls around its pretty much FSU, Alabama, Oregon, and MSU as the top 4. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: secfan30 on November 17, 2014, 06:33:16 pm
I believe their only lose being by 5 to Bama keeps them from being hurt. Besides if we keep winning and hurting them, so be it. Effem they aren't my team I don't care

I feel the same way bc I don't think Miss State can beat  FSU, Bama and Oregon.

checkraiser88

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2014, 06:12:15 pm
No it isn't. Dont avoid playing a power 5 conference team in out of conference play.

Please bare with me, because I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. If MSU ends up with 1 loss, their only loss being against the likely #1 team in the country, they don't deserve a bid? You do realize the SEC west is better then any other conference by FAR!! Their non conference schedule has no baring!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 17, 2014, 03:44:29 pm
If we win out, one of their quality wins will be against us.

True.
So, using the OP's logic, our losses to aTm & Auburn are looking worse & worse.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 17, 2014, 06:48:23 pm
Please bare with me, because I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. If MSU ends up with 1 loss, their only loss being against the likely #1 team in the country, they don't deserve a bid? You do realize the SEC west is better then any other conference by FAR!! Their non conference schedule has no baring!

Then the selection committee is sending a message to all teams to schedule out of conference cup cakes if State wins out.

KennyForAD

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2014, 06:07:52 pm

South Alabama, UAB, Southern Miss and UT-Martin are not good from top to bottom. At this moment, their only win vs a top 25 team is Auburn. That's not a good resume on quality wins.

Missed the point.   If Arkansas played in the Big12, we would be in the top ten.  The SEC West, being so good from top to bottom, even very good teams will have multiple losses and not be ranked what they really are.

KennyForAD

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2014, 07:09:06 pm
Then the selection committee is sending a message to all teams to schedule out of conference cup cakes if State wins out.

This OOC argument is the lamest in sports.   If Miss State had scheduled 4 Texas Tech level schools everyone would praise the difficulty of their OOC.  BS.  Miss State wins all OOC games this year no matter who they play.

PorkSoda

gotta laugh.  for all the hoopla of having Miss St and Ole Miss in the top 5.  neither will be win the conference, much less get into the play off.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 17, 2014, 07:18:10 pm
gotta laugh.  for all the hoopla of having Miss St and Ole Miss in the top 5.  neither will be win the conference, much less get into the play off.

No one, if MissSt wins out, will say that having one loss in SEC West = no quality wins.  No one.  If they win out, they are probably in the playoff.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 17, 2014, 07:12:04 pm
Missed the point.   If Arkansas played in the Big12, we would be in the top ten.  The SEC West, being so good from top to bottom, even very good teams will have multiple losses and not be ranked what they really are.

I believe there are 2-3 Big XII schools who would have their way against Miss State's secondary on a neutral field.

secfan30

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2014, 06:43:58 pm
I feel the same way bc I don't think Miss State can beat  FSU, Bama and Oregon.

I do agree with you there. Oregon would be close, but since FSU is built like a SEC School, I feel they crush MSU most nights.

Hoggish1

Mistake does not need any excuses to be out of the playoffs...

KennyForAD

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2014, 07:21:51 pm
I believe there are 2-3 Big XII schools who would have their way against Miss State's secondary on a neutral field.

I believe in free bubalub and rainbow stew

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 17, 2014, 07:40:55 pm
I believe in free bubalub and rainbow stew

I'm sure you saw big foot while you were in Starkville also.

BluegrassRazorback

I like being a pain in MSU side - Can I watch as Jackie Sherrell crys?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: BluegrassRazorback on November 17, 2014, 07:59:06 pm
I like being a pain in MSU side - Can I watch as Jackie Sherrell crys?

Making them bleed out of the top 4? We will see tomorrow

bigredone

Anyone that thinks any little 12 school would have had a decent record in the SEC West did not watch any games. You have to at least act like you have some defense on the field to have any chance this season in the SEC West.

immahog

IMO any win over a SECW team should be looked at as a quality win
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

demonHOG1013

LSU will beat A&M and be back in the top 25, around 22 or 23.  Even after we beat Ole Miss if Miss St wins out and Bama wins the SECCG Miss St will get in. I think Florida will beat FSU in Muschamp's last game at Florida and I think Oregon will lose to either Oregon St or in the PAC12CG. There's a good chance Texas beats TCU this weekend.  With two weeks left and then championship weekend there is still a lot of football left and crazy stuff will happen.

code red

Quote from: hog911 on November 17, 2014, 12:13:44 pm
I don't think it looks bad. The SEC west is stacked with talent.
Agreed...I think they will be 4th tonite.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeltaBoy

Hogs need to win out and then Nick will send Bret a Fruit basket for Christmas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

secfan30

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 18, 2014, 01:40:36 pm
florida beats Florida State? Are you not watching the games? Florida State is phenomial at winning football games. Why would they lose at home to Florida. I see that as a stomp down!

I would tend to agree. I will say thought that a dead man walking that can get his players to rally around him may surprise a team or two.

SPAL

No offense, I know you're trying, but this is the most ridiculous thread I've seen yet.

Dirty

If the hogs can get to a bowl, I could care less if we had a SEC team in the final four.

Danny J

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 18, 2014, 08:15:35 pm
No offense, I know you're trying, but this is the most ridiculous thread I've seen yet.
Nope....the "uniform" thread created a few years ago takes the cake. Funniest thread ever.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Dirty on November 18, 2014, 08:31:17 pm
If the hogs can get to a bowl, I could care less if we had a SEC team in the final four.

this guy gets it.

the fastest way to an 8-team playoff is the SEC cannibalizing itself so that no SEC team gets in; that's also good for us because it's easier for us to get in more frequently

Dumb ole famrboy

State is sitting pretty if they win out. Only three 1 loss teams that can jump them. TCU with games left @ 6-5 Texas and vs. Iowa State.  Hardly any quality there. No Conference Championship game to add any quality. OSU with games  left vs 3-7 Indiana and 5-5 Michigan adds little. But they do have a championship game to build quality with. Baylor with games left at 5-5 Ok State and vs 3-7 T Tech doesn't build much quality either. No Championship game to add quality. If Alabama beats Auburn then M State sits at 11-1 and doesn't even have to play in a Conference Championship game. If Alabama loses to Auburn then M State goes to the Conference Championship Game with a win there assuring a spot in the playoffs. OSU looks to be the only 1 loss school with a chance to jump. All the SEC West teams combined only have 3 total losses out of Division. 2 to Georgia and 1 to Missouri and 0 to out of conference opponents. Outside chance Arkansas losing to Missouri could hurt State more. That would give the East Division 2 teams undefeated against the West.

ChitownHawg

So you are saying beating a team ranked #20 in ESPN's Power Rankings is not a good team? It seems you are taking happiness at our expense.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jbcarol

Michael Bonner @MikeBBonner  ·  2 hours ago
Missouri goes up a touchdown on Arkansas.  A Razorbacks win probably would have helped Mississippi State's resume.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net