Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BA gloves

Started by bighogonthewall, November 16, 2014, 08:32:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighogonthewall

I know BA was throwing with a glove on last night because of the cold. Is this the first game he used a glove? If so he may want to consider keeping it on. He threw the ball with more accuracy and zip than he has all year. I notice P Manning always throws with a glove these days. Must be something to it..

HSVhogfan2

Allen threw better because the coaching staff made him more comfortable. A lot of shotgun snaps and rolled him outside of the pressure. Hopefully they continue to do this.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

bighogonthewall

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on November 16, 2014, 08:37:09 pm
Allen threw better because the coaching staff made him more comfortable. A lot of shotgun snaps and rolled him outside of the pressure. Hopefully they continue to do this.

Whatever it was worked! If he plays the rest of the year like he played last night, I think we win out!

grayhawg

I actually think BA looks like a better passer rolling left than right.

Razor6

Keep it up!  Legit QB!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

TexHog188

Two or three drops or he has even bigger night.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

onebadrubi

Quote from: grayhawg on November 16, 2014, 08:44:47 pm

I think that's solely because he likes to throw across his body

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

PIGZSNOUT

Look for a lot of corner blitzes from Ole Miss this weekend. I fear some of those naked bootlegs will get disrupted. I'm not being a Debbie downer. I'm just being a realist. With Ole Miss "landshark" defense mentality, I hope we can expose some of the over aggression, and beat them over the top a few times to loosen them up, and prevent blitzes. I also look for the RB's to have a good game.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: grayhawg on November 16, 2014, 08:44:47 pm

the play where he rolled left and threw a dart on left sideline was the best throw I've seen him make.  Looked good.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Pathogen

Quote from: bighogonthewall on November 16, 2014, 08:32:54 pm
I know BA was throwing with a glove on last night because of the cold. Is this the first game he used a glove? If so he may want to consider keeping it on. He threw the ball with more accuracy and zip than he has all year. I notice P Manning always throws with a glove these days. Must be something to it..

I also noticed he wasn't pointing as much when he came to the line of scrimmage.

Mike Irwin

He said he read Hogville all week then stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 17, 2014, 11:05:43 am

Probably had room 117
This is my non-signature signature.

Biggus Piggus

Hmm. Judging by this game footage, not sure the glove helped BA that much. What do you think?
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 17, 2014, 11:12:18 am

Hmm. Judging by this game footage, not sure the glove helped BA that much. What do you think?

Glove?  No.  He just has a nose for the football.

NLRHog92

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2014, 11:13:33 am
Glove?  No.  He just has a nose for the football.

Bottomline, that game was a thriller (well, for Hogs fans at least haha!)

PorkRinds

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 17, 2014, 11:19:03 am
Bottomline, that game was a thriller (well, for Hogs fans at least haha!)

Yep, not even a smooth criminal could beat it.

HawgWyld

Ah! That explains everything...

oldrazorband

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 17, 2014, 11:12:18 am

That's a much better glove than the OJ glove.

Josh Goforth

HAAHA I bet he has a notebook titled "HOGVILLE NOTES" pages and pages of posts.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Razor6 on November 16, 2014, 09:41:40 pm
Tru dat! 

Yes he is a Shot gun QB and that is what works for him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jg8417 on November 17, 2014, 11:38:34 am
HAAHA I bet he has a notebook titled "HOGVILLE NOTES" pages and pages of posts.

In between plays he was looking at the loving notes left for him here by 99% of our posters.
This is my non-signature signature.

Sportster365

That was the best performance I've seen BA play as a Razorback. Although he's had better numbers to have shown up in the stat books this by far was a signature game for him.

He looked completely comfortable out there, even so after guys dropped some easy catches. I was impressed, this goes to show just what this team is capable of when it has good QB play. The Hogs only rushed for 95 yds so our RBs didn't win this game for us. They fared decently, but it was the play of our QB and defense that won it.

BA doesn't have to play perfect for this team to win, just make the plays we believe he should make. On Saturday he did just that. If this is the BA we can expect for the remainder of the season and into next year then I'm all aboard.

Dominicanhog

I didn't get to see all of the first half,but have read there were some drops.  I saw Morgan's which was at a critical time and on 3rd down, did Henry drop on in the EZ?

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: oldrazorband on November 17, 2014, 11:27:30 am
That's a much better glove than the OJ glove.

If the hand and glove meet, BA will complete.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

jb11

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 17, 2014, 12:09:51 pm
I didn't get to see all of the first half,but have read there were some drops.  I saw Morgan's which was at a critical time and on 3rd down, did Henry drop on in the EZ?
One other one that I remember was Sprinkle, which would have been a first down. That one and the one Morgan dropped were good throws and would have been 1st downs.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 18, 2014, 07:22:50 am

So, you're saying you can't commit murder if they gloves are a little tight?

Doug

Quote from: Mike IrwinHe said he read Hogville all week then stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.
He's boycotting Motel 6 because Tom Bodett didn't leave the damn light on for him.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)