Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks Surprised As Hog Fans Rush the Field

Started by Mike Irwin, November 16, 2014, 06:25:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Former Razorback David Bazzel, who created the Arkansas-LSU Golden Boot trophy back in 1996, delivered a message to the 2014 Hogs prior to Saturday's matchup between the two teams. "As soon as you win this game go over to the other side the the field and get that boot," Bazzel commanded.

Senior Linebacker Martrell Spaight did just that but what happened next surprised him.

"When I rushed the field to go take the boot I turned around and saw the whole crowd rushing the field," Spaight told reporters after the game. "I really didn't expect them to do that so it was one of the better feelings I've had."
---------------------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/razorbacks-surprised-as-hog-fans-rush-the-field/13976/r0vyi7xCzkWyN5rswJP4Yw

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

Every player I've heard interviewed has liked the fans rushing the field.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dark Helmet Hog

It looks like some of the fans needed this win as much as the players. Glad the streak is over!

Tejano Jawg

From an 'intellectual' standpoint, most would say don't rush the field against a team not top-ranked (or something of equal impact)...BUT, this was so great to see. It looked so spontaneous, so emotion-driven. And, just a massive release of weeks, months, years of frustration and despair.

Bravo Razorback students and fans!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 16, 2014, 09:03:29 pm
From an 'intellectual' standpoint, most would say don't rush the field against a team not top-ranked (or something of equal impact)...BUT, this was so great to see. It looked so spontaneous, so emotion-driven. And, just a massive release of weeks, months, years of frustration and despair.

Absolutely. 

KennyForAD

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 16, 2014, 09:03:29 pm

Exactly

That's what the geeks and overthinkers don't get.  Fields get stormed when the fans feel like it.  Not when its 'deemed appropriate.'     

RazrRila99

My thing (it could have just been timing of ESPN showing it too), it almost seemed the fans let the team run across to grab the boot before rushing the field.  Was that just me or did it actually happen that way?

josh_sec33

I think the team had a head start before the clock. Students know to let the clock hit zero before a major rush. Don't want a penalty or something.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

Its also possible that if the team doesn't rush to the Boot the fans dont rush the field.

IMO i think seeing the players rush the field sparked the fans doing it and thats why there was that delay

I for one thought it was great
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

Steef

I believe (and hope) that this game will be one for our entire Hog memory.

"Remember when Bret got his first SEC win?"

"Sure do! '14 season. LSU was 17th! We skunked 'em!"

"And Trey Flowers. Don't forget Trey."

"Fabulous Hog! Great Hog! They ALL are!"

"Man, who'd a thunk back then, that Bret would go on to get two Natty's?"

"uh.......Bret. That's who."

razorbackkid

Quote from: steefhog on November 17, 2014, 10:03:29 am
I believe (and hope) that this game will be one for our entire Hog memory.

"Remember when Bret got his first SEC win?"

"Sure do! '14 season. LSU was 17th! We skunked 'em!"

"And Trey Flowers. Don't forget Trey."

"Fabulous Hog! Great Hog! They ALL are!"

"Man, who'd a thunk back then, that Bret would go on to get two Natty's?"

"uh.......Bret. That's who."

Only two?  ;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

SemperFi

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 16, 2014, 07:23:33 pm
It looks like some of the fans needed this win as much as the players. Glad the streak is over!

The losing streak is over, now let the winning streak begin. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

dh027

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on November 17, 2014, 09:53:56 am
Its also possible that if the team doesn't rush to the Boot the fans dont rush the field.

I was at the game, and that was my first thought.  However, after looking at youtube videos after the fact, the entire student section was chanting "rush the field" minutes before it happened and before the public address announcement telling fans not to.

RAZORHOGG15

I can say this.  I sit on the west side near the north end zone and you could see the student section moving down their sections in waves with 5 minutes left in the game.  That field was getting rushed whether our team ran to the boot or not.  But it was cool watching how it all went down.
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

secfan30

Quote from: RazrRila99 on November 17, 2014, 07:25:53 am
My thing (it could have just been timing of ESPN showing it too), it almost seemed the fans let the team run across to grab the boot before rushing the field.  Was that just me or did it actually happen that way?

I will say it did look that way... Almost as if the players rushing to the boot ignited the same behavior in our fans.

Hawgzinbowlz

It looked like a human tsunami.

The fan next to me said something to the effect of, " They'll try to keep them off the field ", and it was a LOL moment. Not a chance in this world.

Classic Hog Moment.

These are the same folks that will show up against Ole' Miss...+ more.

" GO HOGS "

RazorbackRon

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on November 17, 2014, 04:04:32 pm
I can say this.  I sit on the west side near the north end zone and you could see the student section moving down their sections in waves with 5 minutes left in the game.  That field was getting rushed whether our team ran to the boot or not.  But it was cool watching how it all went down.

The student section began dispersing to various parts of the stadium sometime after we scored the last TD to go up 17-0.  The field was going to be rushed no matter what at that point.  The team ran over towards the Boot with probably 20 seconds left on the game clock.  Once the team rushed out, the fans did.

Fantastic thing to watch and witness.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.