Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best O Line in '15?

Started by WaltonCollege, November 16, 2014, 01:12:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

We have 6-9 Tyler Howell visiting right now and 4 star Jalen Merrick coming next week when we play ole miss. Have to say with bielemas/pittmans background we SHOULD be able to land one of these monsters. Also with OU slipping and jalin Barnett not speaking with OU media really gotta like our chances for his services. With zach Rogers and josh Allen enrolling early and Herbert's world class strength program we should have the best line in the nation in '15

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Our oline will get better every year Pittman and CBB are here. The talent they are recruiting is better than the ones leaving

Hoggish1

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 01:12:43 pm
We have 6-9 Tyler Howell visiting right now and 4 star Jalen Merrick coming next week when we play ole miss. Have to say with bielemas/pittmans background we SHOULD be able to land one of these monsters. Also with OU slipping and jalin Barnett not speaking with OU media really gotta like our chances for his services. With zach Rogers and josh Allen enrolling early and Herbert's world class strength program we should have the best line in the nation in '15

This ^ is not a stretch.  I think we are going to see a monster O-line next year, with the 3rd year guys (Skipper/Kirkland) becoming All-SEC.

Also looking to see what a year in the weight room has done for Wallace...

secneahog

Don't forget about Colton Jackson coming in also.
He will be a good one.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

3kgthog

Yet we still can't run a screen because our o-line is too big and too slow. That doesn't qualify as a great o-line in my book.

TMc

Our OL is not a great one yet.., like someone above said.., they will continue to get better, and better.  Along with the improved talent they are bringing in.

secneahog

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 16, 2014, 04:54:26 pm
Yet we still can't run a screen because our o-line is too big and too slow. That doesn't qualify as a great o-line in my book.

Our oline has us competing in the sec west in year two.
Get over the screen passing drama.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

WaltonCollege

Colton Jackson will probably need a redshirt, he's not a 4 star going against hard talent in Florida like josh Allen or Kirkland. We need a big name with offers out there, one of pittmans boys. Maybe that Hawaiian Reeve can bulk up and improve his footwork and move outside or we MUST sign a true tackle in this class that can play right away

secneahog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 05:05:52 pm
Colton Jackson will probably need a redshirt, he's not a 4 star going against hard talent in Florida like josh Allen or Kirkland. We need a big name with offers out there, one of pittmans boys. Maybe that Hawaiian Reeve can bulk up and improve his footwork and move outside or we MUST sign a true tackle in this class that can play right away

Powell. 

secneahog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 05:05:52 pm

Pittman and Bielema love Colton. Get over the stars.

WaltonCollege

Ya but if bielema wanted to redshirt 5 star freak brian Wallace to bulk him up and get him ready for sec play I doubt Colton Jackson, who's only sec offer is arkansas, comes in and sees meaningful snaps with the 2-deep

PeabodyHawg

Good thing no one is reading your book.

Dirty

Hater alert!!!!

BatesvilleHOG

Look for '16 to be an All-American type year.

WarPig88

4 of our 5 interior linemen were 4 star recruits on at least one service rankings and it came down to us and Bama for our center.

We have a 4 star combo TE as well.

How much more talent is it going to take?

tophawg19

nobody cares what trolls think . have you ever said anything positive ? you spend your time trying to make them look worse than they are
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

secneahog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 05:19:32 pm
Ya but if bielema wanted to redshirt 5 star freak brian Wallace to bulk him up and get him ready for sec play I doubt Colton Jackson, who's only sec offer is arkansas, comes in and sees meaningful snaps with the 2-deep

I hope Colton doesn't play. I hope we can redshirt him. But you have zero knowledge he will Rs because he's a 4 star from Conway. If Wallace came in like skipper and Kirkland did, he wouldn't have redshirted.

I hope we land Powell. To play at tackle.

MojoHog

Generally screens are used in 3rd and long or trying to catch the defense off guard. Because of the OL we don't put ourselves in those situations. Teams that do use screens on 1st or 2nd down don't have a solid OL like we do so they try to get them in space to block LB's or Safeties so they don't have to beat a DL head to head on a normal run play.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

sowmonella

Haven't you been bant yet?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: secneahog on November 16, 2014, 06:54:52 pm

I hope we land Powell. To play at tackle.

Isn't he 6'9? Skipp and him on the same OL?!?!? Yikes. Hope our QB's get taller.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005