Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisianna Linebackers

Started by WaltonCollege, November 16, 2014, 12:08:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Kendrick Jackson (Arizona commit) and Reggie Walker are 2 stud backers from Lousianna that have interest in the hogs. Last nights whooping of LSU had to help our chances. LA talent is super hard, look at tolliver already our #1 corner. Would love to have one or both  of these guys to roll heads on D next yr

GEO-HOG

Really hope that the win helps with LA recruits.  Not just this year but next year as well.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 12:08:15 pm
Kendrick Jackson (Arizona commit) and Reggie Walker are 2 stud backers from Lousianna that have interest in the hogs. Last nights whooping of LSU had to help our chances. LA talent is super hard, look at tolliver already our #1 corner. Would love to have one or both  of these guys to roll heads on D next yr

Kendrick Jackson wanted to officially visit this weekend, but BB asked him to visit after his season instead. Richard has stated that he doesnt see walker signing with us. I bet we're slow playing both of these guys.

BatesvilleHOG

Walker and Jackson are both great players but with only 8 spots left we're on some pretty big names at other positions. If things don't go our way with those guys we should easily still be able to pick up these kids and fill a position of need.

WaltonCollege

It's a shame about walker, we were his #1 for awhile, perhaps doesn't have the grades. Realistically don't see us getting Porter Gustin. We are on some Florida backers but would love to add Jackson to shore up the position. With spaight and Braylon Mitchell leaving we will only have one servicable backer on the roster with experience next yr- Ellis

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on November 16, 2014, 12:59:20 pm
Walker and Jackson are both great players but with only 8 spots left we're on some pretty big names at other positions. If things don't go our way with those guys we should easily still be able to pick up these kids and fill a position of need.

We have 8? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redswarmrising

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 01:33:11 pm
It's a shame about walker, we were his #1 for awhile, perhaps doesn't have the grades. Realistically don't see us getting Porter Gustin. We are on some Florida backers but would love to add Jackson to shore up the position. With spaight and Braylon Mitchell leaving we will only have one servicable backer on the roster with experience next yr- Ellis

Josh Williams has been getting quite a bit of playing time.with another spring and fall under his belt,he should be really good next season

redeye

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 16, 2014, 02:21:04 pm
We have 8?

The other day on Richard's website, someone asked him how many spots we have left to fill.  I can't give it to you word for word, but the gist of his answer was that we had 18 commitments and would take 8 more, which equals 26.  It may have been a mistake, but that's what he implied.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: redswarmrising on November 16, 2014, 03:45:41 pm
Josh Williams has been getting quite a bit of playing time.with another spring and fall under his belt,he should be really good next season

Ya I thought about josh Williams, the last time I heard his name he was getting blocked into the stands as Chubb was poppin off 30 yard carrys.  Plus he's just another mike behind brooks Ellis, who are our outside backers?? Maybe Ramsey or Hackett or Eugene? Either way young and thin

hogville38

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 04:28:20 pm
Ya I thought about josh Williams, the last time I heard his name he was getting blocked into the stands as Chubb was poppin off 30 yard carrys.  Plus he's just another mike behind brooks Ellis, who are our outside backers?? Maybe Ramsey or Hackett or Eugene? Either way young and thin
Ramsey will be ready to play next year. I think he will be a good one.

secneahog

Josh Williams
Hackett
Ramsey
Eugene
Ellis
Greenlaw
Graham.

Future looks good to me.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HawgFan70

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 12:08:15 pm

What have you seen that makes you think Jackson has interest in the Hogs? Is it because we have offered him or has he shown interest? Walker has an impressive offer list and we could be in play with him.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

TMc

Just my gut.., but I think they like those FL LB's right now.., could be wrong on that however.

secneahog

Quote from: HawgFan70 on November 16, 2014, 04:50:53 pm
What have you seen that makes you think Jackson has interest in the Hogs? Is it because we have offered him or has he shown interest? Walker has an impressive offer list and we could be in play with him.

Once he qualified recently we've been on him full throttle.
Great shot at landing him, says a paid site. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

redeye

Quote from: HawgFan70 on November 16, 2014, 04:50:53 pm

Well, as IBleed noted, he wanted to visit this weekend, but the coaches asked him to hold off.  I'd think he'd have interest if he wanted to visit, don't you?

WaltonCollege

Ya he has interest, were in the sec, just beat LSU, and ace recruiter mike smith is his lead.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redeye on November 16, 2014, 04:19:10 pm
The other day on Richard's website, someone asked him how many spots we have left to fill.  I can't give it to you word for word, but the gist of his answer was that we had 18 commitments and would take 8 more, which equals 26.  It may have been a mistake, but that's what he implied.

Intersting.  8 is significantly better than 7.  Hope it's 8.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redswarmrising

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 16, 2014, 04:28:20 pm

he actually played pretty well against LSU and he's had a couple of sacks this season

NLRHog92

I wonder if Kendrick is preferred over Rayshad? I know we've been on him longer. If we waited to for academics to be approved, then maybe he went with his best offer and committed to Arizona to hold a spot and mentioned as likely to commit on a visit in an earlier article by RD, but like it was mentioned the coaching staff could have slow played him.

ricepig

Quote from: redswarmrising on November 18, 2014, 07:11:54 am
he actually played pretty well against LSU and he's had a couple of sacks this season

Yeah, not sure how many snaps he got, but he played well.

scruf

Quote from: secneahog on November 16, 2014, 04:46:45 pm
Josh Williams
Hackett
Ramsey
Eugene
Ellis
Greenlaw
Graham.

Future looks good to me.

Two-deep will probably look something like:

MLB
Brooks Ellis
Josh Williams

SAM
Randy Ramsey
Khalia Hackett or Dwayne Eugene

WILL
Dwayne Eugene or Khalia Hackett
Derrick Graham or Dre Greenlaw
Josh Harris

The LB corps still has two basic problems in my mind, both are fixable through one more recruiting class (this one):

1) There's virtually no 3rd-string.
2) There's not much experience returning next year.

Now for the good news:

The two deep is LOADED with kids with SEC talent and measurables. Additionally, don't be surprised to see a couple of guys make "smart switches" from their positions to LB.

One such candidate is Anthony Brown (6'4", 221), who has virtually the same measurables as Ramsey (6'4", 220).

With the log-jam at TE next year (Henry, Sprinkle, Voelzke, Gragg, Cantrell, O'Grady) I could also see one of the TEs moved to defense, maybe a guy like RS-FR TE Will Duncan (6'3", 236) who could log some snaps behind Ellis and Williams at the Mike.

Another guy that may get some run at MLB is RS-FR FB Kohl Slaughter (6'2", 227).

There are talented options for LB all over the roster. The best news? Since there are no seniors projected to be on next year's two-deep, ALL of the starters at LB in 2015 could be back (barring an early entry to the NFL) for 2016.

That's HUGE. That's how you build a championship defense.  :razorback:

NLRHog92

Quote from: scruf on November 18, 2014, 08:39:55 am

MLB
Brooks Ellis
Josh Williams

SAM
Randy Ramsey

WILL
Josh Harris

The LB corps still has two basic problems in my mind, both are fixable through one more recruiting class (this one):

Now for the good news:

The two deep is LOADED with kids with SEC talent and measurables. Additionally, don't be surprised to see a couple of guys make "smart switches" from their positions to LB.

One such candidate is Anthony Brown (6'4", 221), who has virtually the same measurables as Ramsey (6'4", 220).

With the log-jam at TE next year (Henry, Sprinkle, Voelzke, Gragg, Cantrell, O'Grady) I could also see one of the TEs moved to defense, maybe a guy like RS-FR TE Will Duncan (6'3", 236) who could log some snaps behind Ellis and Williams at the Mike.

Another guy that may get some run at MLB is RS-FR FB Kohl Slaughter (6'2", 227).

There are talented options for LB all over the roster. The best news? Since there are no seniors projected to be on next year's two-deep, ALL of the starters at LB in 2015 could be back (barring an early entry to the NFL) for 2016.

Don't see Brown being moved to LB, he's got a lot of growing to do under Herb. And as for the other guys that you listed as moving there, they're completely irrelevant except for the scout team and it doesn't solve the problem of inexperience either.

The_Iceman

No way will Brown play LB. He is a DE all the way. I have a feeling Herb is going to do wonders with him.

Same measurables doesn't mean same build and skill level. Brown is probably right now closer to 240 than 220, and will likely be at 250 by next season. Ramsey is a much leaner build.

hawgmasta

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 18, 2014, 09:15:36 am
No way will Brown play LB. He is a DE all the way. I have a feeling Herb is going to do wonders with him.

Same measurables doesn't mean same build and skill level. Brown is probably right now closer to 240 than 220, and will likely be at 250 by next season. Ramsey is a much leaner build.

I want brown to stay at DE. He could really shine there and in a few years seems to have the body type to be 250+.

justmaybe

It would not surprise me to see Ellis move to will position but I'm just not sure he has the athleticism. That seems to be the playmaking position for Robb Smith's defense . I think Williams can handle the mike after a spring summer and fall.

RunHogruN

MLB
Brooks Ellis
Josh Williams

SAM
Randy Ramsey

WILL
Josh Harris

Now for the good news:

Measureables are one thing but knowing the position and having the mentality to play at a high level in that position is another. There are potential for some players to move around, but we won't know this until next season comes around. I would think that with the deep TE core we will have next season. A couple or even a few will be redshirted. I don't see Henry getting bumped off and with Sprinkle getting another year under his belt will be hard to pass as well, but that's what we have spring and fall practices are for to have all the players compete for starting jobs right?
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

NLRHog92

Sure has been quiet on these two lately...

nwahogfan1

Quote from: secneahog on November 16, 2014, 04:46:45 pm
Josh Williams
Hackett
Ramsey
Eugene
Ellis
Greenlaw
Graham.

Future looks good to me.

We just don't know until we get results.  Most of these guys did not play LB in HS so limited experience.  We will know more in the spring.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 18, 2014, 09:00:59 am
Don't see Brown being moved to LB, he's got a lot of growing to do under Herb. And as for the other guys that you listed as moving there, they're completely irrelevant except for the scout team and it doesn't solve the problem of inexperience either.

you're assuming our coaches would move a player that won't work... I assume if a change is made it will be a wise one. I can't see these coaches being stupid...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WaltonCollege

Richard do you know if we are still on Kendrick Jackson? Is he still considering a visit? Thanks a bunch

Oklahawg

Got a rumble about the LB from FL getting an in-home. He and his teammate, the CB (Davis) committed to tOSU, are still visiting in January. Looks like we are focusing our recruiting efforts at LB on him...or he is a wait/see guy depending on the DB situation.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Walker chose K-State tonight, did we even visited this go around?

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 14, 2014, 09:11:44 pm
Walker chose K-State tonight, did we even visited this go around?

No, no visit for Walker, post-season.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

redeye

Rashad Jackson tweeted a couple of hours ago that Shannon visited him today.  In addition to the usual #WPS tag usually seen, he also added #FutureHog.

gumbohog

Quote from: redeye on December 14, 2014, 10:20:43 pm
Rashad Jackson tweeted a couple of hours ago that Shannon visited him today.  In addition to the usual #WPS tag usually seen, he also added #FutureHog.

Interesting...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redeye on December 14, 2014, 10:20:43 pm
who?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

redeye

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2014, 11:16:47 pm
who?

I got his name wrong, didn't I?  That should have been Rayshad Jackson.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rayshad-Jackson-77033

I know it's been said that he wanted to commit earlier, but we asked him to hold off until he visits in January.