Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rushing the field

Started by reddogjcss, November 15, 2014, 11:22:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BENTON PIGGEE

My son is a junior at UA this year. He rushed the field, I stayed in the stands and watched a cool event!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 16, 2014, 11:21:52 pm
My son is a junior at UA this year. He rushed the field, I stayed in the stands and watched a cool event!

Breems hates you

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WorfHog on November 16, 2014, 04:39:21 pm
We needed it, the players needed it, and I hope we rush the field after we beat #10 Ole Miss next week. Some of you guys need to pull the giant stick out of your A$$.
Last night was awesome. Ole Piss Isn't worthy of a field storming.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RazorPiggie

This guy was excited to rush the field.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 17, 2014, 12:23:11 am
Last night was awesome. Ole Piss Isn't worthy of a field storming.

If the atmosphere brings it again... oh well

hogsanity

Times rushing the field is okay:

1. Winning a title

2. Beating #1

3. Breaking a 17 game conf losing skid and claiming a rivalry trophy

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GolfnHog

Like many, as a general rule I'm not a "rush the field" proponent. However, based on the totality of the 2.5 years events that led up to the rush, it was well deserved, enjoyable and a moment that will be remembered for years to come.

Like RazorbackRon, we stayed up in the SEZ and hooped and hollered and enjoyed the exuberating scene for 20 minutes after the game.

When the PA announcer gave the SEC/UA policy announcement about staying off the field, I laughed and told my group, "Like that's not gonna happen"

Kudos to the security groups that realized that their efforts were better served to ensure those getting out of the stands didn't get stampeded and did a great job in that.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hogsanity on November 17, 2014, 01:35:31 pm

1. Winning a title

2. Beating #1

Works for me. First time in 40 years of going to games in Fayetteville that I have ever been on the field.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

lstewart

It all seemed to go fairly smoothly. We are on the lower west side, and were watching the students move toward the field, and then come to our side with a few minutes left. My 18 year old son and his buddy first said not to leave as the game was ending, as they wanted to watch it. Then they wanted to go on the field, and I said no several times. Had visions of spending 2 hours trying to track them down and leave the stadium. Finally my wife said we were going on to the field... end of discussion! It was pretty cool, high 5'ved a few players, and walked around for a while. My son and his buddy thought it was great. Fun experience, but hope we start winning enough for it not to be such a big deal.

texas tush hog

November 17, 2014, 03:02:12 pm #160 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:17:44 pm by texas tush hog
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/nov/17/ua-fined-25000-field-rush/

$25,000.00 fine, next time it will be $50,000.00. Not so funny now is it? Seems like I called this one. Hope we take up a collection like Ole Miss did.

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 17, 2014, 03:02:12 pm

$25,000.00 fine, next time it will be $50,000.00. Not so funny now is it? Seems like I called this one. Hope we take up a collection like Ole Miss did.

I bet they'd gladly pay $50,000 for each home victory from here on out. This was already covered by a large booster, before the game.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Knot2brite on November 17, 2014, 03:19:25 pm
Worth every penny

Okay pay up, $20.00 check to the Foundation for Rush The Field Fund.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 17, 2014, 03:24:40 pm

It's been covered, you do understand that?

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2014, 03:27:36 pm
It's been covered, you do understand that?

Okay, they should not worry about this next week when we beat a top 10 team and get bowl eligible for $50,000.00. Probably won't even have security out blocking the field.Hold your breath.

hehawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 17, 2014, 03:31:45 pm
Okay, they should not worry about this next week when we beat a top 10 team and get bowl eligible for $50,000.00. Probably won't even have security out blocking the field.Hold your breath.

:'(
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

ricepig

Did I say that? I guess reading comprehension isn't a skill you have? A large booster volunteered to pay the fine before the game, it's taken care of. I don't suspect it will occur again for a long while. I'm sure they are more concerned on getting the rail repaired by this Saturday.

Pigsknuckles

I wouldn't take the hinges off the goal posts just yet.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

RazorbackRon

Why are you being such a Debbie Downer?  Obviously,  you were not at the game.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

WilsonHog

$25,000 to our athletic department is roughly akin to me going out to dinner and spending $100. It won't much be missed.

Dropkick

Quote from: MSMHawg on November 16, 2014, 09:21:30 am
Good programs don't rush the field
Then you of all people should see no problem with us doing it. ;)

KennyForAD

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 17, 2014, 04:28:57 pm
$25,000 to our athletic department is roughly akin to me going out to dinner and spending $100. It won't much be missed.

If you are extremely wealthy.   For most of us, Wilson, I think the comparison would be a nickel or a dime.

WilsonHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 17, 2014, 05:29:14 pm
If you are extremely wealthy.   For most of us, Wilson, I think the comparison would be a nickel or a dime.

Probably so. Seat cushion money.

Bacons Rebellion

ricepig

LZH

Arkansas fans, no matter how bad we've been lately, should NEVER rush the field after winning a normal conference game - and certainly not tear the goal posts down.

Amateurs.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 17, 2014, 05:44:26 pm
Arkansas fans, no matter how bad we've been lately, should NEVER rush the field after winning a normal conference game - and certainly not tear the goal posts down.

Amateurs.

Well, good thing they didn't tear down the goal posts, then.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2014, 05:46:14 pm
Well, good thing they didn't tear down the goal posts, then.

If that's the case, then yes it is very good.  I read somewhere that they did.  Rushing the field is one thing, but tearing down the goal posts is a different box of mice.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 17, 2014, 05:36:33 pm
What happens to the money?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.   Same thing that happens to the money when you pay a traffic ticket... The fat cats SNORT IT.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 17, 2014, 05:49:05 pm
If that's the case, then yes it is very good.  I read somewhere that they did.  Rushing the field is one thing, but tearing down the goal posts is a different box of mice.

No you didn't, lol. I guess you failed to notice all the pictures of the posts lowered to the ground and surrounded by security?

Breems

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 16, 2014, 11:04:50 pm
Breems, stick to Jump Ball. This was a memorable night and rushing the field was fun for the players, coaches and fans.

I'll stick to Jump Ball and MMQB.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogsmo Kramer

Amateurs.

Boo Zep boooooo!

Tear those jokers down and go running through the streets of Dickson with em and Immigrant Song screaming in the background.  :)

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Knot2brite

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 17, 2014, 03:24:40 pm
They can just use the money that I paid for razorvison for four years and might have been able to see ten games clearly or semi clearly during baseball season...they is my contribution
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogpkins

Quote from: hogsanity on November 17, 2014, 01:35:31 pm

1. Winning a title

2. Beating #1

I'd say it like this: It's okay to rush the field when you just knocked a HUGE monkey off your back. It was appropriate in 1999, when that monkey was the 1998 Tenn game, and it was appropriate on Saturday night. Whew what a relief! I didn't rush the field but I enjoyed seeing it. It was an incredible feeling in there.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Breems on November 16, 2014, 11:41:32 am
Our basketball fans have the right of it. We've been in the cellar for a decade, but no one rushed the court after beating #2 Florida or after a game-winning putback dunk against conference rival and top 15 Kentucky.

About that...

http://www.nbc33tv.com/sports/arkansas-fined-25k-for-st

QuoteArkansas will incur a fine of $25,000 because it is its second offense since the league's access to competition area policy went into effect on December 1, 2004. Arkansas was also fined for a violation associated with a men's basketball game against Florida in 2006.

http://youtu.be/vMYJCH2pkto?t=1m5s
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: Breems on November 16, 2014, 11:41:32 am
Not a fan.

Rushing the field has become a weird pandemic. Fans of unranked programs are doing it now for beating any team in the top 25. Even fans of top 25 teams are doing it. Our basketball fans have the right of it. We've been in the cellar for a decade, but no one rushed the court after beating #2 Florida or after a game-winning putback dunk against conference rival and top 15 Kentucky.

There's a reason officials try to stop it. It's dangerous. The first few rows of the student section fell on top of the "fences" last night and were trampled by those behind them. I haven't heard of any serious injuries, but they'll pop up soon enough. Aside from that, it just isn't special anymore when everyone does it with little justification.

"Do you know how many people are seriously injured or killed rushing football fields each year? Well...I bet it's a lot!"

[attachment deleted by admin]

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2014, 05:54:19 pm
No you didn't, lol. I guess you failed to notice all the pictures of the posts lowered to the ground and surrounded by security?

Yeah, there was a link on here yesterday or Sunday of an online 'article' that mentioned the students tearing down the goal posts.  I certainly didn't see it...I didn't even notice that we rushed the field, for that matter.

LZH

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 17, 2014, 07:13:44 pm
Boo Zep boooooo!

Tear those jokers down and go running through the streets of Dickson with em and Immigrant Song screaming in the background.  :)

"Welcome to the land of the ice and snow".  Now that isn't fair Kramer....."You're just tryin' to get at me".

MissippHog

Let me say I'm not a big fan of it.  Primarily because I'm an ER nurse and I see the potential for injury in it. 

But, let me say this. Considering what we've been through in the past couple of years, if I was at the game Saturday night and close enough to the field I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same.  I was jumping around the living room like we just clinched the SEC West.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: LZH on November 18, 2014, 05:01:43 am
"Welcome to the land of the ice and snow".  Now that isn't fair Kramer....."You're just tryin' to get at me".

True dat!  ;D
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

HamIAm

Here's the "Lost Lettermen's" take on when it's appropriate to rush the field.  They start with the disclaimer, "who are we to say?" 

The final video is from the Arkansas vs LSU game. Nice video to take it all in including the players leading the hog call. Video is nearly 10 minutes long.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/a-college-football-fans-guide-to-storming-the-field

In one of the posts above, someone mentioned having seen comments that the goal posts were torn down.  I think that was a misinterpretation of what was seen. From the video it looked to me like the goal posts were lowered as soon as the game was over to prevent them from being torn down. You will notice they come down almost immediately with only a few people around them. If I remember right Arkansas made this modification after they came down against Tennessee a few years back.

Hogpkins

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 17, 2014, 10:50:58 pm
About that...

http://www.nbc33tv.com/sports/arkansas-fined-25k-for-st

http://youtu.be/vMYJCH2pkto?t=1m5s

Right. If a mistake were made, it was by those rushing the basketball court in 2006. That was far less worthy of a rush than Saturday night.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: HamIAm on November 18, 2014, 10:47:10 am
Here's the "Lost Lettermen's" take on when it's appropriate to rush the field.  They start with the disclaimer, "who are we to say?" 

The final video is from the Arkansas vs LSU game. Nice video to take it all in including the players leading the hog call. Video is nearly 10 minutes long.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/a-college-football-fans-guide-to-storming-the-field

In one of the posts above, someone mentioned having seen comments that the goal posts were torn down.  I think that was a misinterpretation of what was seen. From the video it looked to me like the goal posts were lowered as soon as the game was over to prevent them from being torn down. You will notice they come down almost immediately with only a few people around them. If I remember right Arkansas made this modification after they came down against Tennessee a few years back.
That's a great scene. The last half of the video is awesome. Wish all recruits could see this. Fun times. Team was having a blast and didn't want to leave.

jm

The students should be allowed on the field after every win, but there is really no reason for anyone else to enter the field.

thirrdegreetusker

Amateurs.

I dunno. We have juniors at UA who have never seen a winning football season. While I personally am of the "act like you have been there before" school, I can understand a 20-yr-old being excited about this win, against a ranked team.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 17, 2014, 11:05:47 pm
"Do you know how many people are seriously injured or killed rushing football fields each year? Well...I bet it's a lot!"

Back in prehistoric times (2/1/78) I waited all night, in a light snowfall, at the Student Union to get basketball tickets for Arkansas-Texas at Barnhill. When the doors opened, thousands of student rushed in. There was thousands of dollars damage done to the Student Union, and a couple of girls got trampled, broken arm, etc. It can be scary.

ricepig

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on November 19, 2014, 10:25:32 am
Back in prehistoric times (2/1/78) I waited all night, in a light snowfall, at the Student Union to get basketball tickets for Arkansas-Texas at Barnhill. When the doors opened, thousands of student rushed in. There was thousands of dollars damage done to the Student Union, and a couple of girls got trampled, broken arm, etc. It can be scary.

Myself, and a couple of fraternity brothers were first in line on the main level that night, of course the SOB's opened some lower level doors first. When we got to the line it was useless, you'd been lucky to be on the last row. Luckily, the manager was from the same town as one of my friends and we bought front row from some players.

reddogjcss

Talked to my nephew today and he said after rushing the field that the students and football team are pumped up. The team knows what it means to us and plan on winning out.

Dropkick

But they do shutout the #8 team in the nation 30-zip