Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith

Started by downsouthhawg72, November 15, 2014, 10:02:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NLRHog92

First SEC shutout since 2002 @ SC; Hogs have only done it twice before. Even more amazing to do it to the Bayou Bengals, who have routinely run it right at us with great success. Defense has been so suspect for a LONG time now, didn't inherit get players but still managed to do phenomenal this year! Definitely deserving of a raise and extension! WHAT A WIN, WOO DAMN PIG  :razorback:

Vildsvin

Quote from: Melorock089 on November 15, 2014, 11:10:05 pm
Shannon, Jennings, Smith, Segrest.

All are fantastic.

Absolutely!

How about a big hand for Bielema as well for putting this staff together!

bigbadhog

Been happy with him from day one.  Huge impact in one year!!!
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Marshfieldhog

It's funny how good a defense can be when you can pressure the QB with a 4 man rush. Our DL has been dominating some games

Paul

Our D dominated LSU for the first time ever.  Enjoy!

Ray Zorback_1*

Thoughts on Robb Smith

PAY HIM!!!  then PAY HIM AGAIN!

Rzbakfromwaybak

I'm sure this shutout of LSU on National TV,  didn't hurt our recruiting  ;D

Hope we had lot's of future recruits watching the game, & seeing the future.   :razorback:
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Bugscuffle

I seem to remember a whole bunch of folks who thought this hire was ridiculous. Funny how memories can fade. ;-)

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Oklahawg

Scary to consider how far we have come in a short time. Most around here whispered that we were too young and lacked any meaningful depth to be able to stay with people this year.

Don't forget, LSU scored 13 vs Bama, and gained 2x the yardage they did vs UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

deedster84

I hate hearing we are better but its just LSU's offense. Did they look bad? Yes. Credit our defense for making them look so inept. They've looked bad before this year. Against elite SEC defenses Bama and Ole Miss. And even they didn't shut them down like we did and get that goosegg.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: deedster84 on November 16, 2014, 03:55:54 am
I hate hearing we are better but its just LSU's offense. Did they look bad? Yes. Credit our defense for making them look so inept. They've looked bad before this year. Against elite SEC defenses Bama and Ole Miss. And even they didn't shut them down like we did and get that goosegg.

^^^  This--!!! Some seem to forget that this same LSU team went overtime with Bama! I blows me away that some "fans" want to put a caveat on what was an outstanding performance by the hogs! All those "yea, buts" have the appearance of nothing but sour grapes from folks that don't truly want the hogs to succeed. Why else would anyone depreciate this performance? Good grief, Charlie Brown, get a grip and root for the hogs!!

WPS!!

Pig In The City

Quote from: GBHawg on November 15, 2014, 10:12:20 pm
What an incredible job he's done in such a short time with this defense!!!
It is nothing short of amazing and they just get better with each game.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on November 15, 2014, 10:02:11 pm
If he don't win the Browles award then they should just stop the award completely. I'm so happy right now that I can't contain myself. Great day to be a Razorback. WPS!!
Well to the best of my knowledge no one will win the Browles Award because there's no such animal. Now I do think he's got a good shot for the Broyles Award though.

Hey Super

So many fans complained when we hired him because he wasn't a "big name" .. Even I was skeptical but I didn't hate it. So very happy to have him. The transformation has been phenomenal.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

bighogonthewall

Give him the Broyles Award, a nice raise, and throw in a couple strippers if he wants them! Really amazing how he turned this defense into some hard hitting nasty tackling machines! This defense is salty and they know it. The man truly worked a miracle with our D. 

razobak

Honest question: How long do we keep him before schools come calling looking for a head coach? He keeps this level of performance up, he'll get a HC offer somewhere, and he'll deserve it.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

rude1

Quote from: razobak on November 16, 2014, 06:14:35 pm
Honest question: How long do we keep him before schools come calling looking for a head coach? He keeps this level of performance up, he'll get a HC offer somewhere, and he'll deserve it.
Nice problem to have, but that would probably mean he has put some nasty Ds on the field consistently for a few years before people come calling.

Biggus Piggus

When Bielema had to replace his defensive coordinator, secondary assistant, and defensive line coach after year one, it didn't feel like total victory by any means. Have to say it has been a total victory, across the board. Not sure they've replaced Charlie Partridge's recruiting ability 100%, but things look like they are on track. The coaching-ability upgrades have been unbelievably good.
[CENSORED]!

Cowtown Hog

My thought exactly Biggus.  It felt like settling for lower level coaches - but the way this has worked has proved why we are monday morning QBs and someone else is earning the paycheck. 

It will be interesting to see how he gets the D refocused by getting their feet back on the ground and reset for a completely different style offense for this week.  If they come back with another outstanding performance then we have legit turned the corner.

I'd love to see D be the calling card of this team in the future.

jbcarol

Chris Freet @ChrisFreet  ·  3 hours ago

From @BruceFeldmanCFB @RazorbackFB is #1 in the nation in 4th-down D, allowing only two conversions in 14 attempts. @CoachSmithUA
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogpkins

We held LSU's offense to their lowest yardage in a regular season game in something like 40 years. That's an incredible stat, especially considering how bad our D has been for years. I don't care how pedestrian LSU's offense is right now -- all the credit goes to our D. Nice to see us entering the record books on the good side of things now, which is far sooner than I expected.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hogpkins on November 17, 2014, 05:19:39 pm
We held LSU's offense to their lowest yardage in a regular season game in something like 40 years. That's an incredible stat, especially considering how bad our D has been for years. I don't care how pedestrian LSU's offense is right now -- all the credit goes to our D. Nice to see us entering the record books on the good side of things now, which is far sooner than I expected.

It sure feels good to stand and cheer on third down, and know the defense will respond and not have to sit down deflated.

The Marmot

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 15, 2014, 10:10:21 pm
A lot of people owe him an apology for some of the negative things said about him when he was hired

Bingo.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 18, 2014, 09:31:41 am
It sure feels good to stand and cheer on third down, and know the defense will respond and not have to sit down deflated.

Well, there was that one drive.......Sounds like from yesterday's PC that Bielema and Smith butt heads on philosophies at times, I think Bret even said some heated discussions, haha. He's no different than the rest of our coaching staff, they may love it here, but taking care of your family is another matter. I hope we hold on to all of them.

I found it interesting that Bret said he was able to hire a "consultant" who works two weeks ahead on game planning and breaking down opponents tendencies. He said he noticed last year at Bama that they had 3 former coordinators on staff that he knew as consultants. He said Long balked at first, but gave in. I didn't recognize the name of the guy. He also said he was going to ask Muschamp to consult the last two weeks, but he stayed to coach.